🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

darien lake

DontTryToTemptMe19

hey

Darien Lake Performing Arts Center-Section 204 Row 13

ny1034a.gif

Has anyone ever been to this venue? Please let me know your view from your seat. I Wanna get an idea of how good my seats will be.

For the August 7 show in New Jersey I was in section 204 Row F

4755s.gif

Please fill me in with some info

Thanx

-Matt

I was at the Darien Lake venue last month for a concert, the sound in the place isn't all that great just to warn you. For that concert I sat in Section 305, Row 5. Your seats should be a lot better than those. For Coldplay, I got extremely lucky - Section 100, Row 12.

I was very lucky also-I have sec 100 row 9. We're neighbors! Hope the pit doesn't obstuct the view.

Do you know if cameras are allowed there? Usually I am not checked, being, ahem, more mature in age ;) than many concert goers, so that is in my favor. I wish I had known that my "senior" status (40ish) would have made it able to bring cameras to see Green Day in Albany with my daughter-we had to make do with pics and video from the cell. The "kids" were searched like crazy, I opened my bag and the guard pushed it through without looking, just smiled and said "Hope you brought earplugs". I just laughed and said thank you. BTW, it was an excellent show. I had a better time than the teens, since I actually knew their earlier songs not just the current album. Hope the guards at DL are "senior friendly" :lol:

See you on the 1st!

melissa from the Adirondacks

Ive been to Darien countless times and always regret it. However, I am always back in the upper 400s and 500s, even lawn, and those seats are not so hot. I am now section 303, row 5, so Ill be closer than Ive ever been (minus that time I was row 4 for the Hip back in July..however I never made it to the show damn it).

Anything is better than 400+. Your seats are absolutely fine.

About the guards...sometimes you get good ones, sometimes you get complete assholes. Be prepared to get told that your little alligator clip on your keychain is a weapon, and be prepared to walk back to the car to take it back (unless youre smart and shove it in your pants/pockets).

Darien is also notorious for having bad traffic, at least when DMB comes. Leave early.

Hope this helps. :)

Well, Matt...I guess we'll see how good the seats are when we get there...but I'm not liking the post about "bad traffic" :o ....keep me posted!

~*Lindsay*~

Yeah, sorry to worry you! If you leave early enough you should be fine. Traffic coming in isnt really as bad as leaving. I think the earliest I've ever gotten home after was around 1:30am. :confused:

Matt,

Im about 20 minutes away from Darien Lake (I live in a suberb of Buffalo - Cheektowaga) if I take the back roads in, which is really the only way I take now. It took about 15 if I took the thruway, but it never worked out that way because of the traffic. Whereabouts are you coming from? It should be an excellent show! :)

Lisa

I guess I can deal w/ the traffic b/c I'm going to see Coldplay! When we went to Philly it took us almost 2 hours just to get out of there the traffic was so bad...the concert we were at had to be sold out, the traffic was crazy, more like insane...I guess we'll be dealing w/ it again :) Anyone got a good way to get out of there quick to get back to Binghamton, NY? I'm going w/ Matt (donttrytotemptme19). Thanks!!

Yeah traffic is just one of those things you have to deal with at Darien.

However, if you can get back to your car and you're not triple parked, if you get in your car and get in line you'll eventually get out. It helps if youre parked in one of the front lots, though.

I just sit back, relax, and wait for everyone to kill themselves trying to get out. I cook a few hot dogs, drink some water, listen to music, and then I leave. It really is a wonderful time. :lol:

I'm staying at the hotel there-can you walk there from the venue? I'm not sure if the park will still be open at the time.

Muddied sound is better than none, lol. I'm driving 4+ hours for this!

melissa

Hotel or camping is a great option. You walk through the park after the concert. We are camping, the sound will be fine.