🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Glastonbury 2024

Can't say 100% for certain.  However, they do have a track record of this.  They played Glastonbury back in 2011, months before Mylo Xyloto came out, and played MX, Hurts Like Heaven, Major Minus, Charlie Brown and ETIAW (which was the only officially released song at the time).  Would be nice for at least one new song premiering at Glasto.

• Like 1

The Sun reports the Little Simz collab (I guess that's We Pray) will be on the setlist, but we'll have to wait and see for that one. They've soundchecked it a few times, so it'll get added to the setlist eventually. 

They recently showed I'm a Mountain for a small group of people, so maybe there's a chance of that? 

FLIFIL will be played, surely. 

1 hour ago, szymixsiorek said:

I don’t care about songs, only quality of broadcast matters for me 

I doubt the web livestream will be it - go find yourself a feed or backhaul and share it with everyone before someone on Sharemania beats you to the punch lol

5 hours ago, craigwdasc said:

Can't say 100% for certain.  However, they do have a track record of this.  They played Glastonbury back in 2011, months before Mylo Xyloto came out, and played MX, Hurts Like Heaven, Major Minus, Charlie Brown and ETIAW (which was the only officially released song at the time).  Would be nice for at least one new song premiering at Glasto.

Good point. At least we'll get to hear feelslikeimfallinginlove for sure!

On 6/26/2024 at 3:51 AM, Pepperfish said:

Femi Kuti's son has confirmed they will be playing "Arabesque" with Coldplay on Saturday night 🙂

NICEEEEE.

I miss hearing this live! 😁

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 5:51 PM, Pepperfish said:

Femi Kuti's son has confirmed they will be playing "Arabesque" with Coldplay on Saturday night 🙂

It was his sister Yeni who confirmed it at first, then deleted her confirmation tweet. It's all very confusing, whether it will be played at Coldplay's set or Chris will guest appear during Femi's set or it won't be played at all (I hope not, I hope all that soundchecking served a purpose) remains to be seen. Of course a performance during Coldplay's set would be awesome and give this masterpiece the publicity it deserves, but with the band who did not play Amsterdam in Amsterdam, did not play HFTW with Beyonce and did not play Fun with Tove Lo I'll remain cautious. 😛 

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:02 PM, GamingForeverAUS said:

I doubt the web livestream will be it - go find yourself a feed or backhaul and share it with everyone before someone on Sharemania beats you to the punch lol

Ilya will post feed in public for sure 🙄

I'd love to hear Orphans plus.......... Lovers In Japan! Hoping for a miracle :surprised: 

Looking forward to: Arabesque (which is pretty much confirmed), AOAL and ETIAW (which they will undoubtedly perform) 

3 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

I'd love to hear Orphans plus.......... Lovers In Japan! Hoping for a miracle :surprised: 

Looking forward to: Arabesque (which is pretty much confirmed), AOAL and ETIAW (which they will undoubtedly perform) 

The only ETIAW they’ll ever perform nowadays is I TURN THE MUSIC UP on repeat to Infinity Sign

I’m hoping Politik is on the set list since it’s iconic for them in relation to Glastonbury. I definitely think new songs will be performed too, and a brand new edition of the Lightclub 

• Care 1

A return of Politik would be amazing! And I so, so hope that Arabesque will be during Coldplay's set and not Femi's set, no offence to Femi - he and his band are brilliant and the reason Arabesque is the masterpiece it is - but only the Coldplay set will be streamed globally for free, and the world needs to hear that song!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

It's not long to go now. Hopefully The Sun were right and we're getting the live debut of We Pray. It would be cool to get some other live debuts too a la Glastonbury 2011 but it would be foolish to expect that. 

I would be very happy for just one new song. I am already absolutely hooked to feelslikeimfallinginlove and I could use a bit more variety for new music.