✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Song debate

corgi1998

Fix You is amazing, but The Scientist is the song that got me into Coldplay (and music for that matter) in the first place. So I owe alot to that song.

Which is why I'm gonna have to say The Scientist. :)

Yep, same for me. Plus, The Scientist has the most amazing lyrics.

It's sort of like comparing oranges and limes; they're both citrus fruits, but they leave a different taste in your mouth.

"The Scientist" is bittersweet, simple, and very genuine.

"Fix You" is a more pleasant, and perhaps 'shmaltzy' song, but far less humble; it's a star-reaching tune.

Ultimately, "The Scientist". But tack a piano over the organ on "Fix You", and I doubt there'd even be much debate on this matter.

It's sort of like comparing oranges and limes; they're both citrus fruits, but they leave a different taste in your mouth.

"The Scientist" is bittersweet, simple, and very genuine.

"Fix You" is a more pleasant, and perhaps 'shmaltzy' song, but far less humble; it's a star-reaching tune.

Ultimately, "The Scientist". But tack a piano over the organ on "Fix You", and I doubt there'd even be much debate on this matter.

I thought that "The Scientist" was the greatest song ever till I heard "Fix You." Right, "Fix You" is such a star-reaching tune and it's more complex than "The Scientist." I don't think it will be as amazing with "Fix You" on piano. What really separated the 2 songs ultimately, me thinks was Jonny's oh so Almighty guitar part which culminated on the 4-part harmony (which Chris says on Storytellers was an "outdoing of the Beegees" lol) and finally going down on Chris' oh so resolute ender "Lights will guide..."

I think it's Fix You. It was close. And btw I have a slight partiality for their stadium tunes :)).

My eyes have a smokescreen when it comes to Fix You.

The Scientist... just for these lyrics...

"I was just guessing at numbers and figures

Pulling the puzzles apart

Questions of science, science and progress

Do not speak as loud as my heart

And tell me you love me, come back and haunt me

Oh and I rush to the start

Running in circles, chasing tails

Coming back as we are"

the scientist. because the scientist is one of those songs where the simplicity of the song makes it so beautiful. i could listen to it over and over again for days and never get sick of it. when i tried to listen to fix you over and over i got annoyed by the 5th time. :)