✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

which song is the best???

cemile

Oh, for the love of... is it 'best', or 'favorite'? Those are different words: 'Best' is objective; i.e. "It's hugely overrated, but the instrumentation and sentiment was never so potent as on "Yellow", so that has to be their best song.". "Favorite" is "It may not be that original and the lyrics may suck, but dangit, I enjoy "Swallowed in the Sea" more than any other Coldplay song."

I'm going to treat this as a 'best song' topic, hence objectivity:

I'd say it's a tie between three songs: "Clocks", "Trouble", and "White Shadows". "Clocks" is spacey and epic in a way that only a Coldplay ballad can be; everyone triumphs and the result is absolutely massive.

"White Shadows" also has that sort of critical mass, but it falls on the rockier side of it; everyone is working very, very hard to create something infectious and rythmic.

"Trouble" is another species entirely: Intimate and genuine. There's no so-called "overproduction" here(nor is there anywhere in Coldplay's catalogue, but that's anoter topic altogether), it's just a very simple,approach to song that stands very tall and proud, if self-consciously.

These are not my very favorites. If they were, you'd see "Swallowed in the Sea", "Everything's Not Lost", "A Rush of Blood to the Head", "A Message", "Don't Panic", and swarms of others, but it's bigger than what my favorite songs are: It's the track(s) that best prove to the public that Coldplay are a very pignant and talented band -- whether or not they like them, it's more an acknowledgement than anything else.

s

Oh, for the love of... is it 'best', or 'favorite'? Those are different words: 'Best' is objective; i.e. "It's hugely overrated, but the instrumentation and sentiment was never so potent as on "Yellow", so that has to be their best song.". "Favorite" is "It may not be that original and the lyrics may suck, but dangit, I enjoy "Swallowed in the Sea" more than any other Coldplay song."

I'm going to treat this as a 'best song' topic, hence objectivity:

I'd say it's a tie between three songs: "Clocks", "Trouble", and "White Shadows". "Clocks" is spacey and epic in a way that only a Coldplay ballad can be; everyone triumphs and the result is absolutely massive.

"White Shadows" also has that sort of critical mass, but it falls on the rockier side of it; everyone is working very, very hard to create something infectious and rythmic.

"Trouble" is another species entirely: Intimate and genuine. There's no so-called "overproduction" here(nor is there anywhere in Coldplay's catalogue, but that's anoter topic altogether), it's just a very simple,approach to song that stands very tall and proud, if self-consciously.

These are not my very favorites. If they were, you'd see "Swallowed in the Sea", "Everything's Not Lost", "A Rush of Blood to the Head", "A Message", "Don't Panic", and swarms of others, but it's bigger than what my favorite songs are: It's the track(s) that best prove to the public that Coldplay are a very pignant and talented band -- whether or not they like them, it's more an acknowledgement than anything else.

you're too technical---i dont know much about music---and cant really see the difference between "best" and "favorite" cause they are both personal opinions---anyways----i just like the songs that sound kool and i like---without noticing about the instruments and spacing and stuff

thats real talent what u have to be able to break a song apart and notice all that

anywho---i absolutely love AROBTTH, warning sign, Fix you, and Armstedam---------notice they are all slow, calm songs---I LOVE THEM :P

• 3 weeks later...

i dont really have favourites cos its really hard to pick, but the song that i would just die to hear sung live is AROBTTH, its the song that has been one of my favourites for the longest! the lyrics are just genious! especially this part, it kills me every time!

"so im gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something worth fighting for"

BRILLIANT