✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FIX YOU - No: 4 !!!!!!

MTF

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast ur honest Firthy! X&Y???-that's ok mate, no worries :). By the way, cant remember the name of who asked but no i wasnt who they thought i could be, this is the only message board i use. xoxox

PS- i was watching the video again today and noticed something, when Chris is walking down the street there are coloured lights behind him, on a building behind him there is a code on the building, i wonder what that one means? Doesnt appear to be 'x&y', 'sos' or 'fix you'. :confused: Any one know?

The charts should be home of real music, and while I`m not overly excited by X and Y I do consider it real music.

I believe that the stuff like Crazy Frog and any R & B should not be considered real music and should thus be banned from the charts.

What`s good about some fella talking fast over a shitty beat or 20 year old sample from a bubble gum pop track while they fill the video with lots of tarts because they know the song is shite?

I`d even let McFly in over tripe like that, at least they write thier own music, oh, and I`d let the Gorillaz in on the condition that they make more good songs like the one decent one they`ve done (Dare).

You can pretty much tell when the kids have had thier pocketmoney given this week when shit like the pussycat dolls get`s to No.1, and while I don`t agree that Fix You is No.1 material, I do believe that it`s better than that crap, and that Milo song.

Shoulda been

1) The Inportance Of Being Idle (can`t you tell I`m an Oasis fan)

2) Dare

3) Fix You

They are the only songs in the top ten, with the exception of David Gray and Maybe that Powter bloke that I consider real music.

The charts should be home of real music, and while I`m not overly excited by X and Y I do consider it real music.

I believe that the stuff like Crazy Frog and any R & B should not be considered real music and should thus be banned from the charts.

What`s good about some fella talking fast over a shitty beat or 20 year old sample from a bubble gum pop track while they fill the video with lots of tarts because they know the song is shite?

I`d even let McFly in over tripe like that, at least they write thier own music, oh, and I`d let the Gorillaz in on the condition that they make more good songs like the one decent one they`ve done (Dare).

You can pretty much tell when the kids have had thier pocketmoney given this week when shit like the pussycat dolls get`s to No.1, and while I don`t agree that Fix You is No.1 material, I do believe that it`s better than that crap, and that Milo song.

Shoulda been

2) Dare

3) Fix You

They are the only songs in the top ten, with the exception of David Gray and Maybe that Powter bloke that I consider real music.

sorry i disagree with you ...

you are being single minded in that you're view of music is just based around rock, there are other types of music, which appeals to people who go out and buy singles

singles are not bought by many people, unless they are young because they have their 'pocketmoney' and singles are cheaper than buying a whole album, when they might not like every song, so Fix You is not a song that appeals to many young teenagers in the UK

i do agree that the Pussycat Doll song is pretty poor but it appeals to some young people .... i also think that the singles chart is no longer a guideline of good music mainly because they are not enough people who buy singles and the people who do are of a similar age .... but i'm sure, one day Coldplay will have a number 1 single! ... Fix You deserved better than number 4

Shoulda been

2) Dare

3) Fix You

Ok i understand that as coldplay fans we are all annoyed that they didnt make it to the number one spot, but it doesnt mean that banning all other genres of music is the way to go.

The reason there are so many types of 'bubble-gum pop' and 'rap' 'RnB' ect is cause there is a large market for it...OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes: but just because you personally dont like it doesnt mean that everyone else is wrong.

And i know you will prob be childish and come back saying 'YES IT DOES' or bullshit like that...but you should get out more and see there is a whole world and there and it does revolve around you! :smug:

*little rant over* :D

Shoulda been

2) Dare

3) Fix You

Ok i understand that as coldplay fans we are all annoyed that they didnt make it to the number one spot, but it doesnt mean that banning all other genres of music is the way to go.

The reason there are so many types of 'bubble-gum pop' and 'rap' 'RnB' ect is cause there is a large market for it...OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes: but just because you personally dont like it doesnt mean that everyone else is wrong.

And i know you will prob be childish and come back saying 'YES IT DOES' or bullshit like that...but you should get out more and see there is a whole world and there and it does revolve around you! :smug:

I couldnt agree more with you Firthy. There's a lot of music i dont like but i'd never say that they should be banned from the charts, thats rediculous and selfish. The way we all love Coldplay and it makes us happy, someone may feel the same about a type of music that we despise, but if they like it they have the right to buy it and for it to be allowed in the charts. I love many different genres and i am very proud of my eclectic taste in music. People need to open their minds and stop being so narrow minded.

Shoulda been

2) Dare

3) Fix You

Seeing as how you seem to like to make offensive posts when someone states thier opinion, hows this one?

No mate, I`m actually tolerant of a wide range of music, hell, I like a wide range of music, but, there comes a point when you can`t call it music anymore, I mean, c`mon, Crazy Frog is nothing more than a marketing ploy, that`s not music from a real artist.

If your gonna enter something into the music charts at least make it music, not the kind of shit that is in there now.

Just because there is a market for it doesn`t make it real music, so your point is pretty much null, yes a large variety of people like it, doesn`t mean it`s real music, shit.....I like the theme to Star Wars, doesn`t mean I want some twat to come along, add a shit rap over the top and release it as chart music does it.

I wans`t attacking the popularity of it, I was questioning what we should consider as real music, and in my opinion stuff like that isn`t it.

So get out of your snobby shitty little mood, your right, the world doesn`t revolve around me, but it certainly doesn`t revolve around the fucking world of RnB and that whole culture which is dominating so much of the music channels and charts these days.

When you can discuss music withpout being a jumped up twat, then we`ll talk.

Now that`s my fucking little rant over.

lSeeing as how you seem to like to make offensive posts when someone states thier opinion, hows this one?

No mate, I`m actually tolerant of a wide range of music, hell, I like a wide range of music, but, there comes a point when you can`t call it music anymore, I mean, c`mon, Crazy Frog is nothing more than a marketing ploy, that`s not music from a real artist.

If your gonna enter something into the music charts at least make it music, not the kind of shit that is in there now.

Just because there is a market for it doesn`t make it real music, so your point is pretty much null, yes a large variety of people like it, doesn`t mean it`s real music, shit.....I like the theme to Star Wars, doesn`t mean I want some twat to come along, add a shit rap over the top and release it as chart music does it.

I wans`t attacking the popularity of it, I was questioning what we should consider as real music, and in my opinion stuff like that isn`t it.

So get out of your snobby shitty little mood, your right, the world doesn`t revolve around me, but it certainly doesn`t revolve around the fucking world of RnB and that whole culture which is dominating so much of the music channels and charts these days.

I would just like to say im sorry if it seemed i was being offensive to you. ANd yes i agree...when it come to things like crazy frog I dont like it and find i cant listen to it...but thats my view and taste. And it is still music, its NOT good music to me but obviously to alot of people they felt it was.

What i was trying to say from your first comment you were saying that because you dont like rap or rnb doesnt mean that its not music, again its not your taste, but from your first comments, its doesnt mean that it should be removed from the charts. I mean REAL music to me is 60's motown...but im not saying that everything else is bollocks and should be aloud on the air-waves.

Also i wasnt in a snobby shitty mood...correct me if im wrong this is a fourm were we come to discuss and voice our opinions which is what i was doing! I found your comments quite silly as your were basically saying that people that listened to different music to you were wrong because you dont like it.

Just think how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things. :huh:

Also as for calling me a jumped up twat and various other things in your post...surly that shows you and others how imature your are by not being able to talk to people that dont think the same as you...maybe you should go away an think about it.

Now thats being snobby!!!!

Haha, go Firthy! Indeed the world would be very boring if everyone liked the same things! x PS-60's motown....good taste girl!!! :)

X&Y???-There is no need to use the kind of language that you did, a person who can really debate/voice their opinions in a constructive way never has to talk like that to get their point across, and i think that insulting posts like that should be ignored.

lSeeing as how you seem to like to make offensive posts when someone states thier opinion, hows this one?

I would just like to say im sorry if it seemed i was being offensive to you. ANd yes i agree...when it come to things like crazy frog I dont like it and find i cant listen to it...but thats my view and taste. And it is still music, its NOT good music to me but obviously to alot of people they felt it was.

What i was trying to say from your first comment you were saying that because you dont like rap or rnb doesnt mean that its not music, again its not your taste, but from your first comments, its doesnt mean that it should be removed from the charts. I mean REAL music to me is 60's motown...but im not saying that everything else is bollocks and should be aloud on the air-waves.

Also i wasnt in a snobby shitty mood...correct me if im wrong this is a fourm were we come to discuss and voice our opinions which is what i was doing! I found your comments quite silly as your were basically saying that people that listened to different music to you were wrong because you dont like it.

Just think how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things. :huh:

Also as for calling me a jumped up twat and various other things in your post...surly that shows you and others how imature your are by not being able to talk to people that dont think the same as you...maybe you should go away an think about it.

Now thats being snobby!!!!

Nah mate, I was calling you that simply because you thought it appropriate to attack me on a personal level, so I was just returning the favour by talking to you in the same way, you know, trying to "think the same as you" these are the first time since joining the boards any of my posts have been personal attacks.

I get spoke to like a peice of shit, I speak back to you like your a piece of shit, simple eh? Telling me to get out more and the world doesn`t revolve around me, sorry mate, you know nothing about me.

I was stating my opinions when you thought it appropriate to launch an attack on my character, see? I was voicing my beliefs about music? same as you were doing to me, but it seems as though it`s okay in your eyes to do it but not for anyone else to state theirs? that`s slightly hypocritical don`t you think?

Maybe me saying that they should be removed from the charts was slightly over the top, but I was stating my opinion that music like Crazy Frog etc, should not be chart music just for the fact of promoting a ringtone, which, I`m sure, many people will agree with me, as for RnB, I just don`t like it, what the hell is wrong with that?

I don`t like it, that`s up to me, doesn`t mean I need to get out more, OR I think that the world should revolve around me in some selfish close minded way, I JUST DON`T LIKE IT, believe it or not, there`s just as many people don`t like it as do, but unfortunatly they can`t chart the number of people who don`t like certain songs can they?

Opinions are opinions, and at the end of the day, well, when it comes to music at least, people shouldn`t be attacked for what the believe about certain music, it`s up to them, it`s what they like and what they don`t.

The fact that you didn`t like what I was saying shows just how much sense your last comment makes, because that really is summing up your replies to me.

You don`t like my opinions so feel the need to give me grief about it, well mate, whatever, you launched the personal attacks which makes you far more immature than anything I put in my first post.

Nah mate, I was calling you that simply because you thought it appropriate to attack me on a personal level, so I was just returning the favour by talking to you in the same way, you know, trying to "think the same as you" these are the first time since joining the boards any of my posts have been personal attacks.

I get spoke to like a peice of shit, I speak back to you like your a piece of shit, simple eh? Telling me to get out more and the world doesn`t revolve around me, sorry mate, you know nothing about me.

I was stating my opinions when you thought it appropriate to launch an attack on my character, see? I was voicing my beliefs about music? same as you were doing to me, but it seems as though it`s okay in your eyes to do it but not for anyone else to state theirs? that`s slightly hypocritical don`t you think?

Maybe me saying that they should be removed from the charts was slightly over the top, but I was stating my opinion that music like Crazy Frog etc, should not be chart music just for the fact of promoting a ringtone, which, I`m sure, many people will agree with me, as for RnB, I just don`t like it, what the hell is wrong with that?

I don`t like it, that`s up to me, doesn`t mean I need to get out more, OR I think that the world should revolve around me in some selfish close minded way, I JUST DON`T LIKE IT, believe it or not, there`s just as many people don`t like it as do, but unfortunatly they can`t chart the number of people who don`t like certain songs can they?

Opinions are opinions, and at the end of the day, well, when it comes to music at least, people shouldn`t be attacked for what the believe about certain music, it`s up to them, it`s what they like and what they don`t.

The fact that you didn`t like what I was saying shows just how much sense your last comment makes, because that really is summing up your replies to me.

You don`t like my opinions so feel the need to give me grief about it, well mate, whatever, you launched the personal attacks which makes you far more immature than anything I put in my first post.

I would just like to say IM SORRY if you felt i was attacking you on a personal level...that wasnt my aim...and my aim is also not to get you to think the same as me...i dont want that...i appreshiate your opionions..but i was just trying to create a disccution, not try to tell you your wrong, or give you grief. :embarrased:

Your right i dont know you or what your character is like, thats not what i was trying to comment on...i just felt that YOU were trying to say that everyone that listens to the music that you dont like is wrong and we are Sheep. This is not the case. I agree with you about things like crazy frog and mr blobbly, i have no time for them and sometimes i wounder why people like it so much...but i dont try to say that people shouldnt listen to it...cause we are all aloud to listen to what we want. Wether someone else likes it or not!

Also...as for your statement of removing what you feel is rubbish from the charts, so that coldplay/oasis/gorillazs is left, is what i ment about the world not revolving around you, which i know can be a harsh comment but was provocted from me by your comment, saying that it SHOULD be this way and no-other because 'youve' said so. Thats what i was retaliating against.

But again im sorry if i spoke to you in a nasty way...i will be more careful in future with what i type. And im sure you wont, but please dont judge the rest of the people on this fourm with our disscution. :) :cool:

Coldplay will have a number one single when they dress up like girls,

show off their midriff's and their ass's!, when no one can understand

what they're singing about, and when they have mice as backup singers

(like on Akon's - lonely *Blah!)

:lol: As THAT'S what people "like" hearing

and seeing now-a-days :rolleyes: Sad but true!

It's the classic albums that matter :cool: