✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands like Coldplay

sjarvis

Im looking for bands like Coldplay...small or big.

Some bands that have a same kinda of sound are bands such as

Embrace, Aqualung, Matt Good(soft), U2, the arcade fire, but im looking for some more bands...preferably ones that are from the UK..

Thirteen Senses are quite a good one

Keane have no guitars but are still quite feasable

I'm going to suggest some early Radiohead, although be aware that Coldplay are like Radiohead rather than the other way round (my disclaimer)

that's all for now

and even muse. personally i don't think they're similar at all, but many people seem to think so, and also many like both cp and muse.

I think the two are both derivations of different aspects of Radiohead, hence why there are many common fans. (I'm not one of the "Everyone copies Radiohead" people BTW, I prefer both Coldplay & Muse)

I dont get it myself. Early muse sound similer to early Radiohead. Big Deal. And Coldplay souund like a cross between Radiohead Ok computer era and Radiohead The Bends era. But bands evolve and anyone that says any of these 2 bands sound like Radiohead are stupid nutters. Because they have evolved and made their own type of sound.

try some pink floyd. True' date=' theyre not LIKE coldplay, but coldplay did kinda evolve from theyre kinda music. You can definatly here some floyd-esque stuff in coldplay, and visa versa.[/quote']

Totally agreed. Saying that a lot of bands have aspects of Pinkfloyd in them. Pink Floyd are after all rock-Jazz. That is why their sound was so uniqe. Thats why DSOTM sold billions.

• 2 weeks later...

The Autumns have a similar sound. I highly recommend their self-titled album. Try out a bunch of sample clips here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002VEQDE/ref=m_art_li_1/104-0599658-8579135?v=glance&s=music

Not quite sure why this band isn't more well-known. Give em a try anyway :)

oh and Engineers, sound a bit like Coldplay in parts. I couldn't find any sample clips for these guys, but here's an amazon link anyway

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007YMVEW/qid=1128717315/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0599658-8579135?v=glance&s=music&n=507846