✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where is the Birmingham, AL rescheduled date they promised?

DavidW

Guest LiquidSky
From coldplay.com:

"Unfortunately, Friday night's Coldplay concert at Verizon Wireless Pavillion, Birmingham AL, has been CANCELLED due to illness. The band has attempted to reschedule the performance, but sadly the venue and tour itinerary don't correlate. Fans are asked to return their tickets for a refund."

They did not promise a return date. ;)

Now, am I a non-helping tool?

Holy hell ... you have set yourself up for complete and total OWNAGE ... Read Coldplay's MAIN SITE (http://www.coldplay.com). News item DATED 9.16.2005. I'll quote it for you to save you the trouble .... This was the "Message from Will".

Now, to go along with your non-helping tag, you're stupid as well.

"To all our fans in the Birmingham, AL and Tampa, FL areas. It is with great regret that we have had to cancel our shows in your towns this week. Chris is suffering from some issues with his throat and it was felt by his doctor that if he didn't give his voice a rest he might not be able to sing for the rest of the US dates.

Please be assured that we are planmning on returning to the US in the spring of 2006 and when we do we will definitely reschedule both of these shows. Lastly, I and the band apologize for any inconveniece we may have caused due to the cancellation of these shows.

Love,

Coldplay"

PWN3D! They did promise a make-up date moron ...

To be honest... We haven't received any information on whether there is going to be a reschedule date or not. Will did promise a reschedule date, but it's really not up to the band, but the promoter.

My advice is just return those tickets so you can get your money back and buy new Florida tickets. Tickets go on sale on Dec. 3 and you can sign up here http://www.talkthetour.com/ and maybe you'll win one of the grand prizes.. Which one of them is receive a call from Chris :idea2: .. (Hey, you might be that lucky winner... that way you can tell him all about this and let the promoter know about it as well) Keep in mind that some venues couldn't have them again.. Maybe that's one of the reasons they haven't said anything yet.

Anyway, sorry we can't help you out..

Jo makes an excellent point...the band really have no say in where they play, they just get told that they're going to x, y and x and then they go. I'm sure they never wanted any of this to happen and it's their management and the promoters who have handled it so badly.

Maybe you could use the Q&A on the official site and see if Debs can tell you why :idea2: