🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

School systems

Ondes Martenot

i've already lived and studied in 3 different country and every has it's own education system... :surprised: it's normal of course,but interesting as well...i mean you learn in different ways but in the end you will have same knowledges(approximately,and i'm talking only about the basic education)

i'm curious...could you tell , what kind of education system do you have in your country?

we learn too many pointless things in school in my opinion. it's a waste of the government's money and the government's money is tax money. We need to learn important things like how to use computers and fix cars. but they don't teach us that... they teach us english and history which are important, but we don't need to be professionals at english and know nothing about cars. Health is very important and we learn about that well... I think we are required to take the right amount of science and math. but too much english and not enough of other things... like computers and cars...

Personally I don't like my country's school system - particularly because of two matters:

First is germany's educational system based upon federalism (just like many things here) - that means that every federal state of germany can define it's own rules in some factors (like the payment of teachers, the content of teaching, ...). The problem is now, that the quality of the teachers and also the quality of the graduations pretty much depends on how intensive the particular federal state cares about education and how rich it is and so on...

The second problem is, that we mainly have three types of secondary school. Each is different in intellectual requirments to the pupils and the resulting graduation, nothing bad inherently. But many german people (big buisiness bosses, students and teachers and many more different kinds among) have prejudices expecially about the "lowest" type of that schools resulting in loss of self-confidence among many of the graduates of these "lower" schools, probably ending in unemployment.

Well it's pretty hard to explain those coherences to a world full of endless different school-system, I hope some of you understood what I wanted to say.

I think our government should change the educational system as soon as possible (like centralising the whole system), because the education of our kids is very important. But no politician listens to the voice of a young and irrelevant man - they just listen to money nowadays ;) :rolleyes:

Finnish school system is rather good in my opinion, but this kind of system only works in a small country... We have a lot of special education for children who have problems learning things in a normal classes, for example... Finnish children usually start their education at the age of seven. Comprehensive school is nine years and that is compulsory for everyone. After comprehensive school young people can go to Upper secondary school (a bit similar to high school) or some vocational school, but they wouldn't have to go to school at all anymore if they didn't want to... Then after Upper secondary school (or sometimes after vocational school) people can go to universities...

In schools we study some useless things (I guess this is the same in every country :P), but most of the things taught are actually usefull...

Personally I don't like my country's school system - particularly because of two matters:

First is germany's educational system based upon federalism (just like many things here) - that means that every federal state of germany can define it's own rules in some factors (like the payment of teachers, the content of teaching, ...). The problem is now, that the quality of the teachers and also the quality of the graduations pretty much depends on how intensive the particular federal state cares about education and how rich it is and so on...

The second problem is, that we mainly have three types of secondary school. Each is different in intellectual requirments to the pupils and the resulting graduation, nothing bad inherently. But many german people (big buisiness bosses, students and teachers and many more different kinds among) have prejudices expecially about the "lowest" type of that schools resulting in loss of self-confidence among many of the graduates of these "lower" schools, probably ending in unemployment.

Well it's pretty hard to explain those coherences to a world full of endless different school-system, I hope some of you understood what I wanted to say.

I think our government should change the educational system as soon as possible (like centralising the whole system), because the education of our kids is very important. But no politician listens to the voice of a young and irrelevant man - they just listen to money nowadays ;) :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't write it better, Felix! :)

But there are also a few things why I like the German school system... Not wearing any ugly school uniforms and school regularly finished at 1pm! You got a few homeworks, but you had so many free time after school. :)

i'm living in Switzerland and here's an example from Kanton Aargau ( every Kanton has it's own system,so maybe in another Kanton it's different,dunno).

- the lunch break (which i never had before):

we have a lunch break for 1 hour 45 minutes...it means : you go to home at 12 (the road takes with bus and everything 20-25 minutes)you eat at home,rest some minutes and go to school again because afternoon you have lessons as well (2 or 3 ussually)...for me it's strange a bit

i never had breaks between the lessons before...but anyway it's not that bad for my stomach at least :tongue:

and

it's a Swiss speciality i think...like a lot of things...

I don't like the chilean education.. because the differences between the rich people and the poor people are huge... I mean.. if you're poor you can't go to a good school and it's like a big endless circle... I mean.. the rich people pays for the best education and that's so unfair...

I'm in university right now.. I was in a good public school.. one of the best public schools from the country.. but all the people are not so luky.. and most of public schools are terrible...

even in the university I don't like chilean education.. you have to pay a lot for education and some really smart people can't go to universities because they have not money to pay for it..

Hello everyone. Loretitus, I also am chilean, and i coincide. I study in a public school and the differences are huge. I am advanced because my parents reinforce the knowdelge. I learn english, and I know more things because I have two excellents tutors. I love the european education, because it´s so cultured and doctrine. In the future, I wish to live in England or any place to Europe. Atenea_Brit

P.D.: Again.. Ohh Radioactive Coldplayer, jajajajaj. Your experience it´s so exciting, really.

mexican education has two systems, the public and the private, they are similar but I think the private gives you more oportunites because of the huge amount of options they gave you to study, so you can study the traditional system + almost everything you want. I study the private system, and I personally enjoy it because I really have a lot of oportunites, tons of them.

I'm not a rich russian girl,so I study in ordinary pay-free school,where we have 6 or 7 lessons each day,each lesson is 45 minutes.We also have 5 or 6 breaks between all lessons,each break is 15 minutes...Its uber boring and all teachers are old fools.But If you choose private school,its not so bad,you could choose subjects you want to study more and then school would be more useful.