🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Temporary internet files with Firefox

Denise

A question to all the technology geniuses here...I've just installed Firefox on my laptop following a lot of people telling me it's better than Explorer...but when I try to find the temporary internet files in their proper folder I can't find any, is this normal, and if it's normal where does it save all the files of the internet pages I visit? :thinking:

They take some looking for:

My Computer -> Local Drive -> Documents and Settings -> Your Username -> Local Settings -> Application Data -> Mozilla -> Firefox -> Profiles -> blah.default -> Cache.

That's where the temporany internet files are held (But don't kill me if it is different to your computer)

I trust you have already done this little trick: http://forevergeek.com/open_source/make_firefox_faster.php :)

Ok I tried but it seems that only a strange kind of file (with no file extension) is there...what about images and all the other things composing webpages?

Sorry for this maybe stupid questions but I'm just trying to understand and locate something I was used to with Explorer :)

Hey Denise, I use firefox too and your temp folder directory shouldn't change after switching to IE. I usually use firefox, but even if I use IE, all temp files go to this location:

My Computer > C:/ (or whatever your main drive is called) > Documents and Settings > Owner > Local Settings (Hidden Folder) > Temporary Internet Files

Since the Local Settings folder is hidden and a pain to get to if you don't like to have your hidden folders visible, you could just make a short cut of the Temp Internet Files folder for quick access.

Hope that helps! btw, Firefox > IE!!! :thumbsup: If you ever want some recommendations for firefox extensions just ask :)...I've got quite a few handy ones that will make your internet experience even greater. *flash cheesy smile here* No, really, I am being serious. :P

Ok I tried but it seems that only a strange kind of file (with no file extension) is there...what about images and all the other things composing webpages?

Sorry for this maybe stupid questions but I'm just trying to understand and locate something I was used to with Explorer :)

Yep, that's the temporany internet files (images, videos audio etc), they just get stored in a funny way.