✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I DID GO CRAZY!!!

meladori

Hi guys! Well, it is over..not one hour has yet passed since the boys left the stage in Edmonton. The show (as predicted) was absolutely awesome. I was squished up to the person in front of me the ENTIRE time, but managed to be no more than 10 feet from the stage at all times.

The highlights of the show were Jonny playing the harmonica, Chris singing sk8er boi by Avril Lavigne, the fact that they played "One I Love" and me...staring at Guy. HE WAS WEARING THAT TIGHT BROWN BUTTON DOWN SHIRT!!! OMG!!! I couldn't believe it. I'd insist that he looked my way a couple of times, but, nah you wouldn't believe me (but he did!)

Even my fiance laughed at my pre-teen stupidity :)

After the show, they handed out a bunch of backstage passes, which I didn't get, but I didn't hesitate to notice that a slew of hoochie mamas got them :-x Oh well, I wasn't able to stay any longer, but my friend Liz hung around the tour bus, so maybe she got some autographs...Attached is a picture of my Coldplayed bosom the way it is right now, right after the concert, right before I am about to shower.

I waited a long 2.5 years for this concert. It was amazing. I am sure those of you who were there will agree, and the rest of you who are about to see them on this leg of the tour have TONS to look forward to.

I can't sleep. Here's the story I posted on the official mb. Hope everyone had a blast!!!! :D

I got to the venue around 2 pm. There was already a lineup except it was outside which is different from the concerts that I normally go to at The Shaw. I could go on about how security were absolutely fucking useless and c.unted up everything by allowing people from the back of the line to bud. Whatever, I’m not bitter. *grits teeth*

So my friend and I wandered around the Shaw. We ate our lunch outside away from the lineup and saw the tour buses. I had my eye out for The Music and Coldplay. No such luck. So we went back to the lineup. My friend and I were sitting on the stairs when I saw Adam from The Music walking up the stairs towards me with his security guard. I had to seize this opportunity. I looked at him and said ‘Excuse me. Hi, I’m such a big fan of yours. I’m so glad you were able to come to Edmonton. I love your music. I was wondering if you could sign my CD?’ to which he smiled and replied yes. He asked if I had a Sharpie. I gave him my CD and my Super Sharpie. He took one look at it and went ‘whoa! Look at the size of this thing!’. He handed back my CD and I said ‘Thank you so much. Enjoy the show.’ I was such a nerd around him but he was so nice and gracious. It was weird how he kept bowing to me when I gave him the compliments. How cute! After that, tons of girls rushed up to me and asked me what happened and who that was. :roll: Then later I met Robert and Phil from The Music out on the terrace. They were doing an interview so I waited until they were done. I was once again my nerdy self. I said ‘Hi, I’m Jessica. It’s so nice to meet you. You guys rock!’ and they introduced themselves which was really cute and proper of them to do. Then I said ‘I already met Adam earlier and basically babbled in front of him so really, I don’t know what to say. Thank you for coming here! Um, could you please sign my CD please?’ They giggled and said 'yes'. I gave Robert my Super Sharpie and his eyes widened. I said ‘It’s a Super Sharpie. Yeah, it’s pretty big, eh?’ then he sniffed it and said ‘Yeah, super strong too!’ I also got a picture with them which was great. I went back to the lineup and ate the second half my lunch on terrace and saw them again except they were down below so I waved. They waved back. It was cool. Yeah, I know... I’m a nerd. :p

EDIT: I think I may have said something about their music being 'mindblowing' to Adam. I should never be allowed around famous people. :p

So because security was totally useless, I ended up at the far left of the stage. I basically had to watch the show with my neck at a 90 degree angle to the left. I think I managed to get some decent pics. I’ll develop them tomorrow and share them with you all.

Eisley really impressed me. They’re so young! I love the lead singer’s voice.

The Music blew my socks off! I had heard Rob was really into his set but this far surpassed my expectations. They were so good live. Too bad I never met Stuart. :( They played (not in this order because I can't remember the order for the life of me):

The Dance

Getaway

The People

The Truth Is No Words

Take The Long Road And Walk It

The Walls Gets Smaller (no lyrics, just a nice rock out piece of music)

Now onto Coldplay. I was a Coldplay virgin (as Mel put it :P) up until this moment. When they came on, it just felt so surreal. Finally! After 3 years of liking this band, they finally make an appearance in my hometown. I still can’t believe that I finally got to see them live. Anyways, I can’t remember the exact order of the songs but here is a list.

Politik

God Put A Smile Upon My Face

One I Love

Poor Me

A Rush of Blood To The Head

Daylight

Amsterdam

Everything’s Not Lost with an Avril cover (Skater Boy) and Sigur Ros cover

The Scientist

Yellow

Don’t Panic

Spies

Encore:

Trouble

Clocks

In My Place

EDIT: I just remembered they ended ENL with the Sigur Ros cover and launched into another song. I can't remember which song though. And I couldn't tell which Sigur Ros song it was.

Note how Shiver still isn't on the setlist. I took a sense of pride in being the only person to know the words to Poor Me. :D I was right by the speaker so the sound was pretty strong. Hmmm... what else? Oh yeah, I may or may not have shed a tear during Amsterdam. :oops: Everything just hit me during that song. Yes, I was here finally seeing Coldplay live. What a special moment. Yes, I am going to have dinner with them in 20 days. What a special moment that will be. No one has any idea what this band means to me. Not even my closest friends and they have some idea but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I think my journey with them is almost complete. What better way to end it than on a high note. It’s late. I don’t know what I’m talking about anymore. I think I’ll edit tomorrow. :P Goodnight! :)

After the show, they handed out a bunch of backstage passes, which I didn't get, but I didn't hesitate to notice that a slew of hoochie mamas got them :-x Oh well, I wasn't able to stay any longer, but my friend Liz hung around the tour bus, so maybe she got some autographs...Attached is a picture of my Coldplayed bosom the way it is right now, right after the concert, right before I am about to shower.

I waited a long 2.5 years for this concert. It was amazing. I am sure those of you who were there will agree, and the rest of you who are about to see them on this leg of the tour have TONS to look forward to.

Backstage passes??!!?? To whores? Gah!!! Oh well, I'll get mine in 19 days when I have dinner with the boys! :D :D So, so sleep deprived..... :p I got the exact same shirt! It was the prettiest one they had. I also got a tour book. It's really cool. :)

Thx so much for these invigorating posts....they mean a lot ...and I can imagine ....cos Coldplay just rock my world .......... I didnt know the gig would be online either.... I am so happy for everyone :D :D

Jess: I knew the words to "Poor Me" also, and to "one i love"

I was looking around grumbling! :)

Yay! I'm glad someone else was singing along. :D I'm glad they played Poor Me. One I Love was great! It was so weird though. As soon as the concert started, I just magically forgot all the lyrics and just stood there and listened in awe. What a night! :D

Yes, it was a great time!

I kept staring at Guy...hee heee!!! I made sure to stand more on the right for obvious reasons!

Now it is over, and I must move on...but you get to have dinner with them, so enjoy!

Yes, it was a great time!

I kept staring at Guy...hee heee!!! I made sure to stand more on the right for obvious reasons!

Now it is over, and I must move on...but you get to have dinner with them, so enjoy!

I could hardly even see Guy from where I was. I could see a lot of Jonny though. ;) :lol: I'll post my pictures later.

the concert was AMAZING

i've been so in awe ever since it started.

I got to the shaw around eleven. i didn't want to take any chances and man, was it worth the wait. I ended up being in the front row, not completely center but more to the left by jonny. I was wondering before the guys came on if they would look any different in real life. sometimes people do. i'll tell you this, they are all so much more gorgeous then in pics and videos. Guy and Will looked really really good. Chris, who looked at me a few times with the most beautiful blue eyes i've ever seen, he looked even better to but for some odd reason, from all the guys, part of him looked different to me then in pics and things. and i can't quite figure out what it was. i mean. he looked like himself, i'd recognize him anywhere, but i think it might have been his body. he wasn't as skinny and bony as i thought. lol. he was a real nice work of man. lol. ok. but jonny. omg jonny. when he came out the light shined at him and i saw him for the first time he made me stop singing and just go "WOW". and just the way he plays is amazing. he kept closing his eyes to and really getting into the music. he threw the harmonica into the crowd pretty close to me during don't panic.

the guys were on top form. they were just absolutely brilliant. it's amazing how much energy they have. chris especially. one time, he was jumping up and down, really high to actually for like a minute and then he was just back to singing again. i loved it when during yellow he bumped into things on the stage and he started laughing a bit and forgot to sing a bit in that part. actually he bumped into something twice during yellow. lol. and i loved the line he said before trouble. him promoting safe sex. lol. that was great.

it was just such a great night and i can't believe i got to go through that. so much happened and the guys were really just amazing. The Music by the way were fantastic as well. the singer robert also had great energy and i loved the way he danced.

i wish i was in calgary tonight. but hopefully soon again i'll see them somehow. i really wanted to meet the guys but also didn't get any of those aftershow tickets.

COLDPLAY IS THE BEST

o yeah. haha i also thought i was the only one who knew the words to poor me. i love that song. but did you notice chris sang it in a lower tune. it was really great.

and jess, just curious, how are you gonna have dinner with them in 19 days? did you win a contest or something? you'll have a great time.

I'm so glad you had a great time Moses. Too bad we weren't all together to sing Poor Me. That would've been something. You said you were there around 11? So I guess you got to witness the incompetent security guards. It was the most disorganized concert I've ever been to. Meh, whatever. At least we all had fun and I'm glad because of that.

Well, I won the contest through MuchMusic and they're flying me to Toronto to have dinner with the boys. :D I'm so excited!