🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Fifa fury at Berlin match fracas

Jenjie

_41834464_argietrouble203.jpg

Furious Fifa president Sepp Blatter confirmed it will investigate the ugly scenes which marred Germany's quarter-final victory over Argentina.

Punches and kicks were thrown between both sides following Germany's penalty shoot-out success in Berlin.

Blatter told Five Live Sport: "I am furious about that and our disciplinary committee will monitor this incident.

"We will take some steps towards those who are identified as being the 'provocateurs' of this incident."

Blatter added: "There was really no need. After 120 minutes football is a drama, and then you have to go to penalty kicks and then football becomes a tragedy, but one is the winner and one is the loser.

"What I always say is in football you learn to win, but you also have to learn to lose."

Germany's Torsten Frings said of the incident: "They (Argentina) are bad losers. They lost their minds."

Argentina's unused substitute Leandro Cufre was shown a red card for kicking Germany's Per Mertesacker in the melee. The German defender said: "They are no choirboys.

"One of their players attacked me even though I did not do anything. I have three or four red marks on my thigh and then he kicked me again in the groin."

Germany's Frings said they tried to calm the Argentina players down, but added: "It just shows they are bad sports and are badly behaved. I hope their players get suspended."

Argentina coach Jose Pekerman, who was criticised for taking off playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme when they were 1-0 up with 18 minutes to go, resigned after the quarter-final defeat.

Germany will now face Italy in the semi-finals after the Azzurri saw off Ukraine 3-0 on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.....ugly scenes.....these are things that are not necessary...

On germany TV...people from the geman team said the guys from Argentina felt provocated when Tim Borowski smiled or grinned at a player from Argentina...but then there is no need to kick Mertesacker...

Guest Grace

god, i saw that argentian player attacking mertesacker ...

a kick right into his crown jewels ... :sick:

Guest Grace
The only solution is to kick Argentina out of the South Africa 2010 World Cup

yeah and turkey as well

that was just very unsportsmanlike and i didn't know that celebrating during the penalty shoots is forbidden :rolleyes:

Oh well........now italian(!) TV published pictures of Thorsten Frings beating an argentinian player in the face....

of course the italians want to see consequences now....

there are already consequences published for two argentinia players...

I don't know what to think about this now....I mean the argentinians started all this....but Frings also became violent....and now itlian TV thinks they also have to say somethnig because of the game on tuesday...

^ As far as I heard, the Italian SAY it was Frings, but you can't recognise the player on the video. You can actually only recognise Maxi Rodriguez who attacked a German really badly..

I don't think that any German should be suspended now. It was the Argentina players who were bad losers and who provocated and attacked the Germans. It would be really unfair if the Germans would have to suffer under the fact that the players from Argentina were bad losers..

@ Ian: Bierhoff said in a statement that he wanted to get his players out of the fight..

Yeah,...and now I watched the news...and they said the FIFA wants to see those pcitures of Frings beating this argentinian player...

Maybe he won't be allowed to play on tuesday....

probably this was just a reaction of Frings...because the argentinian player beat Schweinsteiger on his head first...

the thing that pisses me about all this is that Italy who actually have nothing to do with it........started with all this...

Thanks!

Guest Grace

haha ... the italians try it with all their dirty tricks ...

but we'll beat em ... with our skills :D

i've just read that cruz himself said that he didn't get punched in the face ... :dozey:

Yeah,...and now I watched the news...and they said the FIFA wants to see those pcitures of Frings beating this argentinian player...

Maybe he won't be allowed to play on tuesday....

probably this was just a reaction of Frings...because the argentinian player beat Schweinsteiger on his head first...

the thing that pisses me about all this is that Italy who actually have nothing to do with it........started with all this...

Thanks!

dirty dirty dirty tactics of the italians.

diving, rolling on the floor, theatrics, trying to get players suspended before the matches, :dozey:

they don't know what genuine, fair football is.

please, do australia a favour and seek revenge for us. :mellow: kick their assssssssssssessss :whip: i'm cheering for you guyssss :nice:

hehe i was going for germany in the 2002 world cup, also because i had a thing for michael ballack.... :laugh1: but still. hahaha

beattttt them, beatttt the italians :mellow:

:rolleyes: oohhhh I see fear

I wonder how came that German TV obviously blame it on Italians...and I wonder why on Italian TV no one showed this video...maybe cause FIFA will decide by itself, and if Frings is not guilty he will play, I don't see why you're worrying about this if you're sure he didn't do anything.

And if he did don't blame it on Argentinians too, if one person is not able to hold himself (even if someone else started the "fight") he deserves to be punished

have a good game

oh and Bild (or whatever that newspaper is called) should stop saying stupid things just for a while cause no one from our Federation asked for Fring's disqualification

:rolleyes: oohhhh I see fear

I wonder how came that German TV obviously blame it on Italians...and I wonder why on Italian TV no one showed this video...maybe cause FIFA will decide by itself, and if Frings is not guilty he will play, I don't see why you're worrying about this if you're sure he didn't do anything.

And if he did don't blame it on Argentinians too, if one person is not able to hold himself (even if someone else started the "fight") he deserves to be punished

have a good game

oh and Bild (or whatever that newspaper is called) should stop saying stupid things just for a while cause no one from our Federation asked for Fring's disqualification

Well...they showed this scene on german TV.,..and it was obvious that frings beat this guy in his face...

but that's not my point...

my point is that the italians seem to be scared of us and so have to come up with a thing like that so that one of our best players will be suspended in the game tomorrow....

if the argentinians would have done this...I wouldn't have a problem with it...

all in all I think Frings did this to defense the team...because this guy beat Schweinsteiger on the head...

Nevertheless......I think Germany is not only one player...

so I think NOW we are going to win anyways..:p

The fact is that what the hell Italians have to do with this?!?

I repeat..no one of the Italian Federation ever asked to consider those images, it was FIFA who asked to see them.

If the stupid (cause that's the case when they keep making fun of us and blame everthing on us) German newspapers like Der Bild write a lot of bullshit just to make the pressure raise then sorry but it's not Italy's fault ;)

All I wish is to have a very passionate and real match :)

Argentina were the ones who started' date=' so why do the Germans have to suffer because of it not??[/quote']

Well, if Frings was involved I don't think this will make a difference. He might be banned for less matches but that wouldn't help Germany right now.

Just remember what happened after Switzerland's match against Turkey. Huggel definitely did not start to attack anyone but he was involved therefore he was banned. And he also deserved to be banned for what he did.