✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

this kind of peed me off about our man

meladori

"What's Up with Guy?? Edmonton Last Night

What's Up With Guy??!!

I ran into him after the Edmonton concert last night. I waited around outside and had met the Music (the opening act) and found them to be nice. I got pics and an autograph from them. Later, as my sis and I were waiting for a cab in front of the venue, we saw Guy and Stu (drummer of The Music) walking by us with a bunch of roadies. A couple roadies asked us if we knew where the Likwid Lounge was (where they were going to hang out) and we didn't know. A cab pulled up and we asked the driver. He gave me directions and I told the the roadie and asked Guy for a pic (as I had already met Stu). He flat out said "No" and thinking he was kidding I asked "really?" and he again said "No"-- major attitude! Then he walked off and the roadies followed. One roadie said "Aw, I think it's too late now girls" (I guess in an attempt to smooth over the situation). I said "thanks, anyways" and got a cab.

I'm a big fan of Coldplay. I've liked them for more than two years now and I'd think that they would be kinder to their fans (well at least Guy). I was surprised-- we were trying to help them find the pub by asking the cab driver directions for them and he gave quite a snooty reaction to me asking for a photo. He could have said- oh we're in a rush, or sorry not right now-- rather than a straight out No. It was like he was insulted!

Like I've said everyone else (being The Music) I met seemed great. And even when I met the Vines in Vancouver they were especially polite. They stayed and talked to everyone of their fans.

So I was wondering about Guy. Does he have issues with the public or something? I remember he seemed anxious at a Much Music Intimate and Interactive sit down back in September. Does he not like people approaching him? "

This was on the main messageboard -- I can imagine how I would have felt if he would have been so rude to me since i was at that show! I'm kind of not impressed/

And is he always this snooty with fans?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I've never read this myself...but I don't think it's very good publicity for starters, and second, we've all paid a lot of money to see this band live, and it's the first show on this leg of the tour...come on now!

He should at least have a nicer way of responding to people...we're the ones that make them the money, you know.. :)

Sorry to put a damper on guy fun, but this is off-putting.

I totally agree with you two! But I feel that a person should know when they have screwed up, and he won't know if no one reads this post and makes a big stink about it. After all, why would he care unless the masses say anything? :shrug: You know what I mean??!!

I agree with the both of you!

We make the band...why be rude to people. If you don't want to be in pictures or something, just say I'm sorry, but no or even No thank you or something!

God, don't be an ass! What a total and absolute turn off.

Like I said, I just think if that would have been me. How horrid.

EW THATS SOOO RUDE!!! BAHHH

p.s lol my new interest is Phil Begg...AHE LOOKS REALLY DIFFERENT ON WEB CAM THAN HIS PICS!!! :o :o:o haha...so l broke up with Guy....lol Dania...hes ALL YOURS !! :D :P

p.s lol my new interest is Phil Begg...AHE LOOKS REALLY DIFFERENT ON WEB CAM THAN HIS PICS!!! haha...so l broke up with Guy....lol Dania...hes ALL YOURS !!

id havenever thought u would some day say that!! :o

LOL!! I KNOW!! its insane...now Guy is JUST AN EX ;) ...hmm he'll always be cute :P

oh thanks for lettin me have him although him bein so rude to fans I don't know if want him :(

bahh l think he only makes OK eyecandy :? but thats it...hes a bastard otherwise...WTF??? if l was him...NO MATTER how tired l was IF IT WAS ONLY 2 PEOPLE i'd take pics..hes rude...it comes with the business..l dunno :roll: :shrug: my opinion

LOL!! I KNOW!! its insane...now Guy is JUST AN EX ;) ...hmm he'll always be cute :P

oh thanks for lettin me have him although him bein so rude to fans I don't know if want him :(

sorry julie was first ..well he deserves a second chance and she gave him that second chance.. hope they are happy together hehe :lol:

hey

ummm i fink guy needs 2 chill out a bit,and hanging out with groupies THIS MAN HAS SUM SERIOUS ISSUES guy u need 2 sort it out b4 all us girls go else were love lol.

I still luv him loads but he needs 2 learn sum maners becoz that isn`t a nice way of saying piss off.He still should have given u and autograph for being a hardcore fan.

sozies guy plz sort it our hun

luv kirsten

xxx

x

http://www.maketradefair.com

i'm going back to my old faithful ed o'brien.

ta ta guy:)

ed o'brien the soccer player for ajax? well hes amercan but im not sure if your talking about the same one as i am..

me is going back to orlando bloom :)

ed o'brien from radiohead :) My original high school celebrity crush :)

Yah, orlando is probably nice to his fans.

Maybe it was just a bad day, Ginger..but that's no reason to be rude to someone asking a question! It's not like she went up and took his piccy..at least she asked him..Who knows! :)

that's what i am thinking..

i would have loved to have seen the band live during their early parachutes time...unfortunately, my physical situation on the globe did not allow for this.

I had a friend who met them at that time..they had done 2 shows in chicago, and he had gone both nights. He met Guy on the second night and Guy said "hey, weren't you here last night?"

I think it must be harder to be nice when people swarm you like that...oh well, doesn't give him permission to be a poop-head to his fans.

i'm going back to my old faithful ed o'brien.

ta ta guy:)

ed o'brien the soccer player for ajax? well hes amercan but im not sure if your talking about the same one as i am..

me is going back to orlando bloom :)

ed o'brien from radiohead :) My original high school celebrity crush :)

Yah, orlando is probably nice to his fans.

Maybe it was just a bad day, Ginger..but that's no reason to be rude to someone asking a question! It's not like she went up and took his piccy..at least she asked him..Who knows! :)

hehe yeah how stupid of me! im bad with the names i always mix them up in radiohead and travis lol but there are officially 2 ed o'briens now hehe the soccer one isnt too bad ;)

and yes he shouldnt have reacted it on his fans if he had a bad day!