✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do You Use Google?

The Scientist - Yes. Just surf and search like you always do (but via Isara). That's all it takes. We just want people to visit and use the site. Once we get enough steady traffic, we'll be able to find sponsors to advertise on Isara and then ALL that money will go to create bigger projects. Right now we're doing small projects because of our small budget.

I'm glad you liked the photo. I did a few different versions, as a way to say thank you to all the people who have helped (one was for my Mom because it's mother's day here in Thailand). Another one was for a forum that has also helped a lot. I just didn't know how to thank everyone so I let the kids say it for me. :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

We will have the #1 essay translated and posted in the next day or so. It was really good. We're going to have her read the essay tomorrow at the award ceremony. A lot of people will be there, including the tv news. I'm kind of nervous. My Thai isn't that good. :(

We'll also be asking audience members questions about motorcycle stastics and then giving away free helmet. Should be fun. :)

Should have some more photos up tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone.

pk

Just a quick photo that was taken yesterday. It's of the student who won the contest and me (look how dirty my shoes are). We are giving more than 150 helmets to the schools who participated in the contest. The winning essay will be giving 50 helmets to her school. :) Her essay was incredible and spoke about the importance of life and protecting it so that your family and your country can be strong. She is a smart kid.

ceremony.jpg

Hope you all had a good weekend,

pk

That is so cute :nice:. (And that isn't something I would normally say).

Keep up the great work, if only there were more people like you......

May I ask where you are based, as in, where do you live?

Sam - Thanks. I am located in Nong Khai, Thailand. It's on the border of Laos.

Gitta - Tell your Dad you have important things to do on the computer. Like changing the world!!! :)

busybeeburns - Thank you for the article. I appreciate it. Coldplaying has been very supportive. I can't thank you enough.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not hanging out here lately. Been busy upgrading our site and planning some new projects. Will announce a BIG event in a few days.

But, for now, I need some help with something. In a few weeks Isara will be celebrating its one year anniversary. For the occassion we are putting together a video and would like to collect photos of your monitors (home and work) with the Isara homepage (maximized) on it. Feel free to place things around your monitor to make it more personalized.

Please send the photos to webmaster (at) isara.com . Deadline is Oct. 22nd.

Thanks for helping us celebrate.

pk

Sorry for not hanging out here lately. Been busy upgrading our site and planning some new projects. Will announce a BIG event in a few days.

But, for now, I need some help with something. In a few weeks Isara will be celebrating its one year anniversary. For the occassion we are putting together a video and would like to collect photos of your monitors (home and work) with the Isara homepage (maximized) on it. Feel free to place things around your monitor to make it more personalized.

Please send the photos to webmaster (at) isara.com . Deadline is Oct. 22nd.

Thanks for helping us celebrate.

pk

So just take a picture of my dell monitor with Isara up on the screen. OK I might do it.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't forget about this.. :nice:

Helmets for Life

HfL.jpg

This November, Isara will begin a 2,500 km (1,550 mile) trek around Thailand, promoting motorcycle safety and the benefits of wearing a helmet. Isara Founder, Patrick Kirk Gillock, will do the entire journey on a small motorcycle (moped), similar to those used by 80% of the Thai population. Nothing like this has ever been done before so the two week event will receive national news coverage and be promoted heavily within the provinces he'll visit. Those interested can track PK's progress via Isara's homepage starting November 6th.

The "Helmets for Life" campaign will not only help raise awareness but also help raise money for future projects. Isara doesn't normally ask for donations but, if you're interested, here's how you or your office can help make a BIG difference (and receive a special reward) by sponsoring each kilometer:

.01 cent/km = $25

.02 cents/km = $50

.03 cents/km = $75

.04 cents/km = $100

.05 cents/km = $125

.10 cents/km = $250

Each person or group that donates will have their name on a light blue ribbon and it will be tied on a village sign along the 2,500 km heart-shaped path. As always, 100% of every donation will go directly to helping the less fortunate.

Donations can be made via PayPal.

isara_ad2.gif