🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

We never change do we?

Matter-Eater Lad

I agree with you both.

I think we can change but it's quite limited.

We've got a basic personnality, a base we can't change, cos otherwise we wouldn't be who we are...

But changing some parts of our personnality is possible. Well, I think so...

I was thinking about this the other day' date=' someone said, its almost impossible for any body to truly change. The core of a person will never change, i was wondering if thats true. Im not saying we cant change some things or small things but the core of who we are, is that unchangable?[/quote']

I think we can, but not often. If you really want to change yourself and you work hard, you can.

or another example: someone had a great accident and loose his/her brain ;-)

I think that some experiences can make somebody change totally. I mean bad experiences that have been done in front of him or to him. I think the view on the world may change and with that his character or way of acting.

Edit: But I don't think you can make yourself change. You can surpress some parts of yourself but you can't delete them.

I was thinking about this the other day' date=' someone said, its almost impossible for any body to truly change. The core of a person will never change, i was wondering if thats true. Im not saying we cant change some things or small things but the core of who we are, is that unchangable?[/quote']

i wouldn't completely agree with you, but i get what you mean. i believe people can change A LOT and turn into a different person, not completely though. i also believe the core can change

you don't born as a hetero or as a gay for example. as Nic mentioned, experiences may change a person

on the other hand, if you'll get a global amnesia you may change completely, or? :wtf:

on the other hand' date=' if you'll get a global amnesia you may change completely, or? :wtf:[/quote']

I don't know. Global amnesia means your memory is gone but you can still speak and you know general things like how to eat and what you like and stuff like that. So I think you actually didn't change. You just forgot your entire life.

I think that some experiences can make somebody change totally. I mean bad experiences that have been done in front of him or to him. I think the view on the world may change and with that his character or way of acting.

Edit: But I don't think you can make yourself change. You can surpress some parts of yourself but you can't delete them.

I see what you mean, it takes something other then ourselves to change.

I don't know. Global amnesia means your memory is gone but you can still speak and you know general things like how to eat and what you like and stuff like that. So I think you actually didn't change. You just forgot your entire life.

i meant, you forget your past experiences, you don't even know what's your name. you probably start a new life, so it won't matter what you actually did in the past

although, if your memory comes back with time then i don't know...lol

i've never met a person who had amnesia, only in films, but they are not really reliable sources you know

i meant, you forget your past experiences, you don't even know what's your name. you probably start a new life, so it won't matter what you actually did in the past

although, if your memory comes back with time then i don't know...lol

i've never met a person who had amnesia, only in films, but they are not really reliable sources you know

Yeah, I've never met one either so I don't think I can tell exactly the way it is. I guess we'll never know unless somebody close to me will get global amnesia soon :wacky:

Maturity?

Like, there's a lot of people who are school bullies in their teens but when they're 30 or so they're the nicest people you could ever meet.

I agreed with the first post till I thought about that.

I believe people can change. Nothing is impossible, you know. You can change your "core" or whatever too, you just need to want it very much and ta-daa... No, really, people can change in global meaning of this word and become the whole new persons.

we are all changing over the time

even when we said we don't want to

i believe i was changed ..i'm not who i am 3 years ago

or even a year ago

but sure, there's some part inside me that's never change and i don't know which :thinking: