✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Demi, Keira & Kylie top list of names given by celeb-crazy Brit parents

busybeeburns

Washington, Nov 19: Choosing a new born’s name is always a difficult task for parents, but a growing number of British celebrity worshipers are paying homage to their heroes by naming their children after pop, sport and film stars.

Washington, Nov 18(ANI): Choosing a new born’s name is always a difficult task for parents, but a growing number of British celebrity worshipers are paying homage to their heroes by naming their children after pop, sport and film stars.A recent survey of British birth certificates registered since 1984 has revealed that after watching Sir Ian McKellen in Lord of the Rings, six sets of parents chose to call their sons Gandalf.

Somewhere in the country is a little boy whose parents were so enamoured of the works of JK Rowling that they named him Harry Potter, family history website findmypast.com reveals.

Some unfortunate kids might grow up to wonder why they were named after violent gangsta rappers - Dre, Tupac, Jay-Z and Snoop.

Other people who might soon be looking to change their name include two boys who answer to Superman.

Some famous names are more established than others with the UK now boasting 7261 Kylies born in the past 22 years. But beating them all is the 6074 Keiras, most born in just the past five years since the rise in stardom of actress Keira Knightly.

Meanwhile 1191 boys have been named Tiger after golf icon Woods and at least three sets of parents have given their son the first names David Beckham. While the parents of Reebok and Adidas clearly preferred the clothes to the stars.

There are around 265 Beyonces, 288 Madonnas, 2,614 Shakiras 16,123 Demis, and 1,611 Britneys in Britain. There are two names registered as Apple, the name actress Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay singer Chris Martin chose for their daughter.

“It seems many of us are happy to take hero worship to a whole new level, naming our children after the stars we admire. The famous British sense of humour is alive and well — with six parents naming their son Gandalf, along with the Harry Potter and two Supermans,” the Sun quoted the spokeswoman for findmypast.com, Sarah Malone as saying.

10 wacky girls' names

1. Demi 16,123

2. Keira 8,716

3. Kylie 7,261

4. Shakira 2,614

5. Britney 1,611

6. Peaches 472

7. Madonna 288

8. Beyonce 265

9. Dido 48

10. Apple 2

10 wacky boys' names

1. Tiger 1,191

2. Keanu 1,120

3. Dre 426

4. Gazza 39

5. Brooklyn 28

6. Tupac 27

7. Jay-Z 7

. Gandalf 6

. Snoop 3

0. David Beckham 3

http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=336570&ssid=1&sid=ENT

Guest LiquidSky
Any particular reason??:confused:

Because it has "Red" as a name? :shifty::laugh3:

Nope, no particula reason. I just like it........ like Ryan.. I love that name too :nice:

Because it has "Red" as a name? :shifty::laugh3:

In which case, you should like "Ethelred" as well!!:P

Nope' date=' no particula reason. I just like it........ like Ryan.. I love that name too :nice:[/quote']

Because it rhymes with "Cyan"??:rolleyes:

Guest LiquidSky
In which case' date=' you should like "[i']Ethel[/i]red" as well!!:P

Because it rhymes with "Cyan"??:rolleyes:

No, I just like the "Ry":P