January 15, 200719 yr Here goes: There's this girl that I've know since I was about 7 (I'm 17 now). We used to kinda like each other when we were about that age. But after a few years we became REALLY good friends, and we have been ever since. I mean, we tell each other everything! I give her advice about dealing with guys, and she gives me advice about girls. It's kinda nice! But recently, the story has changed. (without intention) I've started thinking to myself, "Why are you just friends with her? You think she's the most awesome person in the whole world!" But this worries me. I know she just wants to be friends. But wait, there's more. Today, her mom (who doesn't want her to date anyone at this point, or become involved with a boy in any way) informed me that her daughter wants to attend this upcoming dance! And her mom wants me to escort her because (quote): "There will be no risk romantic feelings or anything like that. She feels comfortable with you and you are good friends." :shocked2: oh god:shocked2:
January 15, 200719 yr well, you seem to be in a very bad position right now, because of the moms words. but i guess thats not the case. because of mom having enough confidence in you for her doughter to go out with you to the dance, then you don't need to worry. just try figuring out if she still likes you, and if she does kiss her, because friends don't kiss :P, and let her know that you still love her. i don't really have anything else to say, just be youself, no matter what.
January 15, 200719 yr There will be no risk romantic feelings or anything like that. Well that may just be the feelings of the mother. You're never gonna know unless you ask, so it's you're move.
January 15, 200719 yr Author thanks for the suggestions everyone everyone else I've asked just gave me a bunch of perverted nonsense. I knew I could count on the Coldplay fans!
January 16, 200719 yr Right ...well the mom is obiviously an idiot. Your daughter's 17 for crap's sake!!!! Anyway... well don't rush things along too quickly because then you could lose all your chances...but If you're sure she loves you too.... let her know.
January 16, 200719 yr Author Well, the mom has been through a lot (recent divorce from an idiot-man, so....) She tells me really sweet things all the time! Seriously! But I can never tell if she's just saying them as a friend or not!
January 16, 200719 yr i somehow can relate to this story but on totally different circumstances if that makes sense. anyway, go to the dance with her as a friend. see how that goes. don't do anything as far as kissing her, just be the best friend that you are. if you are both very close having known each other for all those years, i'm sure that she would have an idea of how you feel, especially considering you have exchanged similar emotions before. if you really feel she has no idea then kindly hint to her that you hope for more than friendship, and in time she will pick up, if she hasn't already, and confront your feelings and share hers. hope that helps you!
January 16, 200719 yr in that story the only thing that I can do it is to queto Coldplay with the phrase: " You'll never know, if you never try " :\
January 16, 200719 yr Author Starskay, don't worry. I have no intention of going and kissing her:) And thanks for the advice. I'll work on that! vampir3, you're absolutely right! thanx!
January 16, 200719 yr Kaos, don't panic! :D Well, I think for now is better you don't say anything to her about your feelings as her mother kinda ''cut you out''...I think you should wait a bit after this upcoming date thing and then talk to her, exposing all you feel about her...Then she'll have time to think about it, to do some sort of reflexion...As the others said, if you never try, you'll never know...And the worst thing that can happen is just you both still being friends... :)
January 16, 200719 yr Author why do you think us being friends is the worst thing? not that I'm disagreeing, I'm just wondering.
January 17, 200719 yr why do you think us being friends is the worst thing? could be. but i actually think she means the worst that can happen is that everything stays the same. but i guess i have to disagree with her. i get the impression that she sees you as a friend tbh. especially when i read her comment referring to you as a brother. i'm not sure what to recommend you. the best thing would be to talk about your feeling but then again i know how difficult it actually is to tell your friend. i was in a similar situation about two years ago. i had a friend with whom i could talk about anything, we got on very well. however i fell in love with him and i was pretty sure he was at least attracted to me but i didnt know if he felt the same. when he asked for more i somehow felt it was wrong because it could affect our friendship which i told him. but we were both single and we were attracted to each other so it was a matter of time that we couldnt resist. it was a big mistake and i really shouldnt have been involved with him. i already got feelings for him before and it only made everything worse. i cant blame him because i never told him what i actually felt for him. he realised that i was sad but i pretended i was sad for other reasons. i just couldnt tell him because i knew he didnt feel the same, he really liked me a lot but only as a friend. it got even worse when he fell in love with another girl. i realised that the best for me was not to see him often anymore. he didnt realise this at first because he spent a lot of time with his girlfriend but he did call me later and asked me, if we cant spend more time together. thankfully it took him some time and i didnt feel the same anymore. still our friendship will never be the same. well the best you could do is talk to her and to find out how she feels. but its definitely not a good idea to try to get involved with your friend!
January 17, 200719 yr i guess so. so try not to let it happen. try to talk to her and tell her how you feel. thats the only way to find out if she wants you to be more than just a friend!
Create an account or sign in to comment