✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Duke Special anyone?

Lamposts

He's getting pretty big in the UK and selling out tours in Europe so go on the DUKE. I strongly suggest you check this man out. Amazing!

Using cheese graters, wardrobe doors, pianos, harps, brass, strings and an old gramophone to record the twelve-track debut, Adventures in Gramophone is truly a musical spectacular. Duke Special is one of a kind, a unique and talented young Belfast man whose bruised romanticism and soft Northern tinged vocals are at sharp juxtaposition with his wild dreadlocks, smudged eyeliner and unfeasibly wide trousers.

On stage, Duke Special explodes into musical mayhem the battered old trademark gramophone wheezes, huge cymbals clash, egg whisks and cheese graters break free from the kitchen, a stumpf fiddle screeches and the crushed velvet covered piano thumps and tinks in unison but its the very core of the songs, his heartfelt, passionate poems, that will remain in your head long after the lights have gone down.

http://www.myspace.com/dukespecial

• 8 years later...

Oh wow, there's a Duke Special thread! I just entered it into the search and didn't expect anything to come up...

Well, time to revive it after almost nine years. Anybody else here still a fan? I'm loving 'Look Out Machines!'. Saw Peter debuting it in a tiny London pub at the end of 2014. Unfortunately, he cancelled some of his German support dates, so I couldn't catch him in 2015.