March 17, 200818 yr I'm sure that at the beginning of this afternoon there were a lot of people drunk . . . :dozey: So Saturday or Monday . . . Ambulance crews have always a lot of work ! Anyway for the easter weekend I'm going to Tramore in the South of Ireland. So my plans are : eat a lot of chocolate eggs on the beach ! :smug:
March 17, 200818 yr I do not have plans,maybe I would be working and playing Rock Band with my friends
March 18, 200818 yr definitely won't be eating any candy. and no eggs either. i'll probably spend all weekend in front of the tv. "House Of Wax" will be broadcast.
March 18, 200818 yr Author I'm sure that at the beginning of this afternoon there were a lot of people drunk . . . :dozey: So Saturday or Monday . . . Ambulance crews have always a lot of work ! Anyway for the easter weekend I'm going to Tramore in the South of Ireland. So my plans are : eat a lot of chocolate eggs on the beach ! :smug: Depends what country your in, and whenever it gets classed as a public holiday. My brother had a quiet night in Salisbury Ambulance Station, only 2 calls.
March 19, 200818 yr Author The great Easter getaway has started already. The A303 at Stonehedge is such a traffic bottleneck, dropping from 2 lanes down to 1 lane
March 19, 200818 yr new time The great Easter getaway has started already. The A303 at Stonehedge is such a traffic bottleneck, dropping from 2 lanes down to 1 lane So, David, does this mean that Stonhedge can be used to mark time in a different way??:laugh3: This may seem like an odd question, but I've often wondered - why is the road so close to it? I mean, I would have left a little more space, unless it's just an ancient Roman route that keeps getting enlarged..? Oh, what would the ancients think of us now??;)
March 20, 200818 yr Author The old road sits in a valley, so when they were building it they went for the cheap option and stuck it in the valley. When the a303 was originally built it was mainly single carriageway, going though villages and towns, until about 30 odd years ago they upgraded it in some parts (M3 junction to Stonehedge) as a dual carriageway, making a new road in many cases as by-passes for the villages and towns. The old parts of the road were re-numbered. It's the one of the main gateways to the south west (the other major gateway being the M5), so it gets a bit cogged up at holiday time as people go down to devon and cornwall. Although looking at Traffic England, looks like the holdups are gone for the time being. Mark my words, if you visit: http://www.trafficengland.com/map/browse.cgi?client=tcc&X=400000&Y=150000&width=500&height=300&client=tcc&gride=&gridn=&coordsys=gb&scale=1000000&in.x=0&out.x=1&up.x=0&down.x=0&left.x=0&right.x=0&upleft.x=0&downleft.x=0&upright.x=0&downright.x=0¤tChk=checked¤tRdwksChk=checked&plannedChk=&plannedRdwksChk=&vmsChk=&trafficChk=checked&weatherChk=&overviewmap=GB_small&trafficBox=on¤t=on¤tRdwks=on&chkAutoRefresh=checked tomorrow lunchtime the road will be yellow
Create an account or sign in to comment