✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tokyo Police Club

Napoleon

Finally, another Tokyo Police Club fan! I have a feeling it could just be us chatting in here, but it's alright. The new album is by far my favorite of 2008, and I'd say my favorite track is Nature Of The Experiment. They played it when I saw them live, I was so fucking happy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive not yet heard their latest, but I loved A Lesson in Crime. I just love "Cheer It On". I was going to be seeing them again, but unfortunately they cancelled their dates (due to touring with weezer). that will be way cool for them. Although Im sure the exposure touring with Bloc Party helped a bit also.

Im just glad I caught them when I did early in their career when I could still see them in tiny clubs. Now theyre hitting the much bigger venues :( sad for me, but great for them!

• 1 year later...

Tokyo Police Club announces Sophomore LP

http://pitchfork.com/news/38313-tokyo-police-club-announce-sophomore-lp/

After bringing emo refugees and indie kids together with their first album, 2008's Elephant Shell, Toronto four-piece Tokyo Police Club are back with album number two. Champ is out June 8 courtesy of new label Mom + Pop-- listen to first single "Breakneck Speed" at their website right now.

To support the record, the boys are touring the hell out of this summer, including stops at Coachella, Bonnaroo, along with a full set of U.S. dates with Passion Pit starting in June. Click on for the full itinerary:

Tokyo Police Club:

04-06 Waterloo, Ontario - Starlight

04-07 St. Catharines, Ontario - Isaacs Bar and Grill

04-08 Hamilton, Ontario - Rokbar

04-09 Peterborough, Ontario - The Red Dog

04-17 Indio, CA - Coachella Music Festival 2010

04-27 Millvale, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre

05-29 Neustrelitz, Germany - Immergut Festival

05-30 Hamurg, Germany - Uebel and Gafaehrlich

05-31 Berlin, Germany - Lido

06-01 Koln, Germany - Luxor

06-02 Munich, Germany - 59:1

06-04 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Paradiso

06-05 Brussels, Belgium - Botanique/Witloof Bar

06-07 Manchester, England - The Ruby Lounge

06-08 London, England - Scala

06-09 Atlanta, GA - The Taberlacle *

06-11 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

06-12 Orlando, FL - Club at Firestone *

06-13 Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore *

06-14 Tampa, FL - The Ritz Ybor *

06-16 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues *

06-17 Houston, TX - Warehouse Live *

06-18 Austin, TX - Stubb's *

06-19 Austin, TX - Stubb's *

06-21 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom *

06-23 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant *

06-25 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre *

06-27 Philadelphia, PA - Mann Center *

06-29 Brooklyn, NY - Prospect Park Bandshell *

06-30 Manhattan, NY - Governor's Island *

* with Passion Pit

• 1 month later...

I'm sure many of you have never heard of Tokyo Police Club, and I say you don't know what you've been missing! So give them a listen!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93sf6H-POzs]Tessellate Music Video[/ame]

Amazing song to get those who haven't heard TPC started.

TPC actually came up to my little town in april to play a small tent show.. and it was flippin' amazing. since people in my town are stupid and not used to seeing bands, i was able to easily keep front row for the entire show.. about two feet away from dave, and three feet away from graham. :heart: the set was very well done, and the energy was great the entire time.

after the show, i leaned forward right away and ripped graham's HANDWRIITEN setlist off the stage. my friend next to me was like, "BITCH" and ran off to try and get another, but all were already taken. i told her i saw a pick onstage, but she was too embarassed to try and get it. i, on the other had, am not easily embarassed, so i gave her the chance to go get it.. but then i crawled onstage and got it myself. :cheesy: and it turned out to be an official coachella 2010 pick! :stunned:

after that, my two friends and i went outside and wandered around, trying to see if we could find the band in the parking lot.. we walked to the end of the lot, turned around, and there was graham and josh! they were very, very nice, and signed my setlist and other things for my friends. a few minutes later, dave came out and did the same thing. they were very gracious and made conversation with some of the fans that gathered round after us.

all in all, great night. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybLGN4jB_ag]YouTube- Tokyo Police Club - "Juno" - Live, Fairbanks AK.[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...

Woooooot! Just saw them last friday where they opened for Passion Pit. Holy smokes dudes, it was the best $20 I've ever spent. Excellent all around. TPC and PP kept the crowd on fire the whole time.

I also got to chat with both bands after the gig. Good looking musicians who are super cool.

Highly recommend going to see them both!

35879_1503979483117_1343136303_1-1.jpg

35795_1503978443091_1343136303_1365.jpg

37320_1503978843101_1343136303_1365.jpg

• 3 weeks later...