✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Finally!

Manders

7/8/03, 4 p.m. ET) -- Britney Spears is featured in a provocative photo spread in the August issue of W magazine, which hits newsstands on July 11. The 21-year-old singer, who also appears on the cover, talks about her ex-boyfriend Justin Timberlake, her relationship with actor Colin Farrell, and about her virginity, among other topics. Spears told the magazine, "I've only slept with one person in my whole life. It was two years into my relationship with Justin and I thought he was the one. But I was wrong! I didn't think he was going to go on Barbara Walters and sell me out."

Interestingly, W senior editor Rob Haskell told Entertainment Tonight that Spears offered the information about her virginity, despite the fact that he never really directly asked her about it. "I didn't actually ask her about her virginity," Haskell explained. "I asked her whether she was still religious and she said yes. She said that her religious experiences take place at concerts where she hears music that she loves and sort of breaks down and cries."

Haskell told Entertainment Tonight that Spears continued to answer his question about religion and spoke very candidly about her sex life and her ex-boyfriend. He explained: "Then she also told me that sex is a 'spiritual' experience for her--that's the word she used," Haskell said. "And I said, 'Well, what about all that old talk about no sex before marriage?' And she paused and said, 'You know what? I've only had sex with one person in my life. It was two years into my relationship with Justin. I thought it was forever. I was in love.' I don't think she has any regrets about it."

Spears told the magazine of her relationship with Farrell, "Yes, I kissed him! Of course I did! He's the cutest, hottest thing in the world--woo! He's such a bad boy. But it was nothing serious."

Spears also revealed to W that her next album will be "sensually done," but it will not be "tacky."