✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's up w/ the U.S. politics VH video?

exist2inspire

Worrying like that is the fastest way for a band to lose any credibility or originality they ever had. I really don't think they care so much about sales anymore anyway.

And it's a political(-ish) video that's funny. That never happens.

But there's already a thread for it. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44990 Search is your friend.

Believe it or not, the majority of America disagrees with the current White House affairs. This doesn't kill Coldplay's credibility, it actually gives Americans something to relate to...and not just Americans, but anyone from a country with a corrupt political system.

Takes guts to put videos like this together and release them to the world.

I know it was for good fun, but that could affect their U.S. sales because people here take things way wrong 99% of the time, and they can't afford people turning that into something wrong.

your opinions?

I saw the video for the first time last night and didn't know what to make of it. At first I felt somewhat insulted, hurt and embarrassed even. Despite the fact that I don't agree with our President or some of our policies, I don't like it.

I think the main thing was, although I find polictics interesting, I don't want it shoved down my throat. During these times especially, many people (including myself) are looking for a form of escapism...for me that's music...political messages in music is ok but I don't expect to see a video poking fun at George Bush and other leaders on Coldplays website...no matter how much they may deserve it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Believe it or not, the majority of America disagrees with the current White House affairs. This doesn't kill Coldplay's credibility, it actually gives Americans something to relate to...and not just Americans, but anyone from a country with a corrupt political system.

Takes guts to put videos like this together and release them to the world.

Absolutely. Making sweeping generalizations about any group is just plain irresponsible. The claim is that our nation was founded on a basis of freedom, including freedom of speech. This is not the case. Any little public suggestion or implication that our president is a dumbass (and he is) results in a huge uproar. The best example of this; The Dixie Chicks comment a few years ago. FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!! The video is great. It is IN NO WAY inappropriate or undeserved by American politicians.