✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Storms coming....

Manders

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont use the phone, and makes sure u have surge protectors so your comp doesnt go BOOM...my comp went boom last year as a lightning bolt hit a phone line near me, sent a charge up the phone line...fried my modem, and then blew up my power supply unit :(

Acts of God arent covered on insurance...d'oh...

hey i love tornadoes! used to be freaked out by them because in good ole mis-ippi they were common....i was in a hail storm once.....golf ball size :shock: i was wishing for a tornado just now....just good ole rain and thunder :roll: tell me about ur tornado experience :)

my tornado experience was scary...was in Florida on an island called Pine island...10 miles long, 2 miles wide...just west of Fort Myers..anyway...we get told at about 8pm theres a tropical storm heading our way and to keep a look out for warnings on TV....so along came the rain, the thunder...the sheet and forked lightning....house shaking like mad cos it was on stilts with a cylindrical store room on the ground floor centrally and the other rooms up top....when we get told that 2 twisters have been spotted on the south side of the island heading north at the rate of 2 miles per hour...we were on the north side....so they told everyone to get into the cenral room on the lowest floor...all we had was a cylindrical store room and wooden poles to hang on to :?

So we went outside, down the stairs to go in this room...but outside was pitch black and eerily quiet....no sound whatsoever...the twisters coulda been down the end of the road for all we knew...so we went into the store room, held onto a pole and turn the radio on and sat there....luckily 10 minutes later we get told the twisters veered off east towards the mainland and we were ok...but that was the scariest 10 minutes of my life...got goosebump re telling that story.