✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Thread of Self-Pity

thescientist06

I think this is an excellent idea. A place to bitch and moan about all life's harsh cruelties.

Here's mine for the day:

My best friend Jason whom I work with put in his notice last Tuesday, and tomorrow (Thursday) was going to be his last day, because he's starting a new job. The job I'm at currently is my first one, and he was my first shift partner, and pretty much my most constant one for the last 13 months. I have an intense history with this guy. We used to be closer but drama and complications got in the way (and his girlfriend), so we're not as close anymore... But still, I have an indescribable bond to him.

Today I talked to my manager and he told me that Jason wouldn't be in tomorrow, and I haven't really stopped crying since then. I saw him yesterday after our shift and said bye like normal, but I didn't know it would actually be the real "goodbye".

So now I'm feeling sorry for myself, that Jason didn't call me to tell me himself, that probably nobody understands what this feels like, etc.....

Life sucks sometimes, yeah?

Go for it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty sad though. i definitely know how it feels having to say goodbye to someone you care about deeply. *sigh* life's hard.

I dunno what to bitch about.... I want to get out some more. I HATE MY LIFE! *shrugs* the best I could do.

everything is so stupid. like, i was watching Violet Hill On Demand and like, the sound on the video kept going up and down and it was so stupid. it got on my freakin nerves because if i turned it up so i could hear it a little more, the sound would go up and i'd have to turn it down.... GRR....

Hmm...here goes. I knows its really superficial but I hate my nose, my eyebrows, i wish i had better legs and i wish my eyes weren't so boring.

But the good news is I can 3 out of 4 of those things without surgery...

And plus my best guy friend wont talk to me cus his girlfriend is online...what a JERK!

i'd join this thread but i'm trying to be more positive as of late:)

Smart man. Positivity makes for happy outcomes.

Another thing that annoys me is how everyone expects me to know exactly what I'm doing with my life now that I've graduated. I'm not interested in getting a job making $35,000 a year working for "the man". That's not as respectable as starting a business, in my view.

So whenever someone asks what career path I'm taking, I just respond, "rapper". That shuts them up fast.

I put the spoiler tag on for those who don't want to read my bitching. :P

One of my best friends is in Europe and I have no one to talk to/be silly with. :(

This one boy makes me feel unattractive because he flirts with me...and then ignores me when others are around. :dozey: Asshole.

My school forgot to give me a special award for my academic achievement. I'll get in the mail, but I wanted everyone to see me get it. :bigcry: And that just goes to show how unremarkable I am, no one remembers me. My best friend [the one in europe] didn't even remember me after we first met [but she remembers me now...muahaha.]

Ok, enough self-pity. But it feels good to get it all out there.

Aww Jenika. At least someone's flirting with you.. :disappointed:

I, on the other hand, fall for every guy who even bothers to talk to me bohoo (not to even mention guys who simply look at me

:uhoh:)

And 2 days later i'm like "uhm, it wasn't such a big deal..."

Well, i'm pretty much over those times nowadays

hmm let's see... one of my (ex) best friends and i have pretty much stopped talking to each other. she's going off to an amazing school (which she got into bc she's native american :/) and has a this perfect, perfect life and i think she realized that i didn't really fit into it so she just kind of stopped calling or hanging out with me. she's pretty much a mege uber snotty bitch and i'm kind of relieved to not be as close to her as i once was. but her graduation party is tmorrow and i'm expected to go. ugh.

also, i'm piss scared of going to orientation for college (or university, w/e) at the end of the month.

hmm let's see... one of my (ex) best friends and i have pretty much stopped talking to each other. she's going off to an amazing school (which she got into bc she's native american :/) and has a this perfect, perfect life and i think she realized that i didn't really fit into it so she just kind of stopped calling or hanging out with me. she's pretty much a mege uber snotty bitch and i'm kind of relieved to not be as close to her as i once was. but her graduation party is tmorrow and i'm expected to go. ugh.

also, i'm piss scared of going to orientation for college (or university, w/e) at the end of the month.

Ahh I sense a bit of jealousy! ;)

Thankfully there's a way to deal with this - just go to her party and smile and congratulate her, etc. and keep in mind that no matter how many times you hear it, what school you go to really doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the end. These big-name schools are just businesses, set on increasing their brand-name recognition.

Ahh I sense a bit of jealousy! ;)

Thankfully there's a way to deal with this - just go to her party and smile and congratulate her, etc. and keep in mind that no matter how many times you hear it, what school you go to really doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the end. These big-name schools are just businesses, set on increasing their brand-name recognition.

well it might be a little bit of jealously but the root of the problem is that she's just been a shitty friend to me the past year. or 4. but whatever, i probably wont see her after tomorrow.

and i'm going to a pretty damn school too ;)

oh, another quip- our AC broke for 3 days in 100+ degree, full humidity Houston.

The only thing I am sad about is not being able to see Coldplay. I am upset they couldn't do one show in western NY. So i figure, go to Toronto right! But when the tickets go on sale i have no money, now they're sold out. It's bad enough I keep having dreams where Chris Martin comes and he tries to get tickets for me and can't :(

I wish gas wasn't so expensive, and that my job would give me more hours, and that I could find a job elsewhere. I hate summer this year because it really doesn't feel like summer. Hm.... That's basically all I could keep complaining about. Someday I will have money?

The only good thing, Coldplay's new CD. AHh well, such is life, shit happens, and things here in the states are only going to get worse before they get better. At least it's not a flood in my back yard like other places. It could always be worse... *sigh*

^ mr. smarty pants.

It's true! Ivy league schools get to be the most selective about who they let in because of their brand-name; Harvard, Yale, Stanford, whatever. The quality of the education is good, to be sure, but you probably don't learn anything there you wouldn't learn at another lesser-known school (or your public library / Google / Wikipedia). Let's face it, this is the 21st century. Information is free, so why shell out 60K a year to get a diploma?

Also, you hear a lot about the celebrities/politicians/scientists/businessmen who went to Harvard. But do you hear much about the Harvard grads who never amounted to anything? Or who murdered people, or went insane? Of course not. Harvard is only willing to take credit for the successes. ;)

Lol^

I've felt crap most of this week, because I've had no appetite whatsoever. I don't know WHAT is going on but my stomach growls for food, then once I start eating I can't. :cry:

I've never felt like this before....I love my food!!!

Anyone else had the same problem before? perhaps I ought to just go to the doc.

Plus. I just burnt the top of my mouth attempting to eat some boiling hot mashed potato. :(

Lol^

I've felt crap most of this week, because I've had no appetite whatsoever. I don't know WHAT is going on but my stomach growls for food, then once I start eating I can't. :cry:

I've never felt like this before....I love my food!!!

Maybe it was the double helping of Coldplay that did it!!:thinking: