✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 or Coldplay

iPlay181

I love both Coldplay and U2, but I think that Coldplay just out right trumps U2. I see much more creativity in Coldplay than U2. U2 did have some very nice songs though (eg. Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Elevation, & With or Without You), but Coldplay's Clocks, Viva la Vida, Yellow, Speed of Sound, Square One, Talk, and many, many more just beat the sh*t out of U2 for me. So what do you think, U2 or Coldplay?

This one is much harder for me than the Radiohead deal... A side from a couple of their songs, I could take or leave Radiohead behind and never look back.

U2 on the other hand was with me loooooong before Coldplay. Rememeber guys IM OLD! lol. (go easy on the geezer) .

Having said all of that! When I look back at U2's first 4 albums and compare them to Coldplay's first 4.... I have to say Coldplay wins in a landslide...

I love both Coldplay and U2, but I think that Coldplay just out right trumps U2. I see much more creativity in Coldplay than U2. U2 did have some very nice songs though (eg. Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Elevation, & With or Without You), but Coldplay's Clocks, Viva la Vida, Yellow, Speed of Sound, Square One, Talk, and many, many more just beat the sh*t out of U2 for me. So what do you think, U2 or Coldplay?

Are you on crack?

Have you ever listened to Achtung Baby?

Are you on crack?

Have you ever listened to Achtung Baby?

haha, not exactly, i was kinda mad when i wrote the thread, but i still think coldplay wins :)

but your opinion is your opinion, a lot of people like U2, but they just didnt really click for me

I'm not sure...I much prefer Chris's voice to Bono's, but...U2 was there first...and I think that had U2 not existed then Coldplay would have been a very different band. My mum claims that Coldplay is a rip-off of U2; I say they're more of an emulation. :P

So yeah. I can't decide. I love them both.

Achtung Baby is horrible. U2 is a great band, but I think Coldplay is more enjoyable to listen to.

oh my!!!!:o

Achtung Baby 'horrible'?? Im sorry, but thats just wrong!! Achtung Baby is one of the best albums ever written, Coldplay would be embarrased if you suggested they were half as good as U2!!

I love Coldplay, theyre a brilliant band!! But they aint half as good as U2 (yet...) and especially live, theyre streets ahead!!! And as for Chris Martin having a better voice than Bono....?? please go and have a lie down!

U2 are the best band on the planet, by a long way!!

oh my!!!!:o

Achtung Baby 'horrible'?? Im sorry, but thats just wrong!! Achtung Baby is one of the best albums ever written, Coldplay would be embarrased if you suggested they were half as good as U2!!

I love Coldplay, theyre a brilliant band!! But they aint half as good as U2 (yet...) and especially live, theyre streets ahead!!! And as for Chris Martin having a better voice than Bono....?? please go and have a lie down!

U2 are the best band on the planet, by a long way!!

Uh, no, it's not. That's my personal opinion. If you don't like it, I don't care. To me, U2 went south music-wise in the 1990's. Everything from After Joshua Tree, Best of 80-90, etc. Just wasn't the same. 99 percent of it was garbage.

If your going to include a U2 album into some of the best albums ever written, Joshua Tree would be the contender.