May 21, 200917 yr you guys have me sooo freakin excited...I seriously cannot wait!! I'm driving about two and a half hours and jamming to my brothers from other mothers the whole time. Does anyone know if they are having any monitors at these shows? I'm so far back...my friend has the tix and I don't even know what section we're in...I just know we're in nosebleed land... BUT I WILL BE THERE!!!!! Try to hunt down a staffer doing the seat upgrades:thinking:
May 21, 200917 yr guys.................................... ............................ .......................... .................... ................ ............. .......... ....... ....... ..... ... .. . 3 days !!!!
May 21, 200917 yr ill be at the venue at around 1230 then ill be there at like 530 the earlier for tracking the guys down.
May 21, 200917 yr I am trying to get tickets for sundays show!!!!! What do you guys think is the best way to go about that being so close to the show?>
May 21, 200917 yr Section D List: 1) my star is fading (Helen) 2) coldplay_is_louve. 3) SlaskWroclaw18 (Patrick) 4) Sleep 5) Pallavi (Pallavi)
May 21, 200917 yr Section D List: 1) my star is fading (Helen) 2) coldplay_is_louve. 3) SlaskWroclaw18 (Patrick) 4) Sleep 5) Pallavi (Pallavi) :D! my name's christina, by the way. :nice:!!!! THREE. DAYS. OH. MY. GOD. :dead:!!!!!!!!!!!! oh, and i'm going to be spending my life savings at the merch shop. :wacko::D!
May 21, 200917 yr Guy Berryman: New album unlikely in 2009 due to touring (Hershey preview) The New York Times music critic Jon Pareles has called them "the most insufferable band of the decade." And indeed Coldplay has its detractors, who stand right alongside its legions of dedicated fans. But they don't really matter -- the band has always beaten them to the punch in the self-critical department. Bassist Guy Berryman once told Rolling Stone, "Most of the time, we just feel like losers." And as the band was accepting one of its most recent Grammys, singer Chris Martin wryly dubbed their music "limestone rock." Feeling insecure, Berryman says, isn't paralyzing but is instead motivational. "That's the feeling which makes us keep on trying to go into the studio and trying to be better than we have been before," Berryman said. "And when we're play live, that's why we always try and be better than we have been before. I think it's a healthy way to feel. I just think it's insecurities, and I'm sure within the group we all have them to varying degrees. I'd love to be a big, confident rock star, but that just doesn't seem to be in any of our nature," he said. Berryman gave us 15 minutes of his rest time in a phone interview from London before the next leg of the band's ginormous tour was to begin anew. On Sunday, they're making their first visit ever to Hershey, playing the Stadium with opener Pete Yorn. He spoke more about what's currently up with the band: You're giving away a live CD to fans who come to your shows this summer -- tell us more about it... "It was recorded all over the world. It's a cross-section of old songs and new songs. The idea behind it is to just give something back to our fans who have supported us for the last 10 years. We just thought it would be cooler to do this this way rather than just churning out a money-making live CD. We thought we'll spend a bit of money on this and take the hit and just give it away to people." So now it's Yusuf Islam (formerly known as Cat Stevens) saying "Viva La Vida" sounds like one of his songs (first it was Joe Satriani) -- what's going on here? "There was another band -- I can't remember their name -- but they were the first one to say that. It's just getting ridiculous now. I can just categorically say I remember when that song was written and how it was recorded. It's kind of flattering. (But) it's just kind of sad. I don't want there to be any ill feeling between us or any other musician. But we'll fight our corner. I'm just hoping it's all going to go away, to be honest -- it's a distraction. You're wearing your "Sgt. Pepper's"/French revolution-type jackets on tour -- do you see them as in keeping with the cover art theme of "Viva La Vida"? "Yeah, that's exactly it. When we made this record, we wanted (it) to be a very tight visual package with a real identity. We don't want to walk on stage wearing jeans and T-shirts again; we want to make it a bit more theatrical or eventful. We just got a bunch of clothes made up and we got some people down to help us make these clothes. It was actually a lot of fun -- we were sitting there with spray paint and bits of cloth and badges and sewing all these things together." The songs on "Viva La Vida" are so closely linked thematically and sonically -- are you continuing that trend for the next one, which you're working on now? "We have some songs and ideas we're working on. But how we approach this next record, I think, will be totally different. We can concentrate on the music side of things for a little while -- we'll figure out how everything's going to work visually towards the end of it. But I'm pretty sure once this tour is over, the French Revolutionary costumes will be safely hung up in the closet somewhere!" Are you still shooting for a release this year? "We did think it would be nice to release something before the end of the year, because that would have meant we would have released five records within a decade. But this tour just kept growing. Saying that, we have achieved quite a lot in the studio and we'll probably continue working when we get back in September. I'm pretty sure nothing's going to happen this year." Do you think you'll also continue to experiment with those weird time signatures that made songs like "Death and All His Friends" so incredibly hard to catch on to? "You should try playing them! It's terrible because if you drop the beat in your head, then you're just screwed. Trying to pick that back up again is a nightmare. We've been working on a 5/4 signature in the studio recently. We also had one in 7. These are really odd things; they're not very intuitive, but I think they're quite rewarding once you get used to them. It's about time we start busting out the obscure jazz rhythms." You're working with Brian Eno again -- how is that partnership different now? "We've done two sessions without Chris -- (that) was at Brian's request. Chris is a very dominant figure in the studio and I think Brian wanted to approach things from a slightly different perspective. Of course, he's been writing songs like a madman as usual. But I think Brian really wanted to experiment with music from a textural, rhythmic point of view as opposed to a songwriter's point of view. Which is a typical Brian Eno thing to say, but which is (also) why we love him and want to work with him." What's it like playing a place for the first time, as you are here -- do you approach it any differently? "We just approach every show in the same way -- we get very excited about going on stage and then when we're up there, we give it 110 percent. We'll be trying to have as much fun with everyone as possible." http://www.pennlive.com
May 21, 200917 yr Section D List: 1) my star is fading (Helen) 2) coldplay_is_louve. (Christina) 3) SlaskWroclaw18 (Patrick) 4) Sleep 5) Pallavi (Pallavi)
May 21, 200917 yr awh, so much touring. poor boys. oh well, i can't go to another concert this year anyways. :P!!!
May 21, 200917 yr Try to hunt down a staffer doing the seat upgrades:thinking: When/where does this happen? My friend and I will probably be there close to two or three to tailgate...do you think it'll be after then? And where do I find a staffer?
May 21, 200917 yr ill be at the venue at around 1230 then ill be there at like 530 the earlier for tracking the guys down. I think we should all meet up around this time to try to track the guys down. I'm wearing a home-made T shirt with splatter paint all over I think...don't know...haven't made them yet, but it will be VLV inspired. :)
May 22, 200917 yr We gotta get through one more day guys, THEN THE WEEKEND IS HERE and it it'll feel reallly close :D
May 22, 200917 yr I think we should all meet up around this time to try to track the guys down. I'm wearing a home-made T shirt with splatter paint all over I think...don't know...haven't made them yet, but it will be VLV inspired. :) yes yes guys exchange numbers mine is 347 757 2999
May 22, 200917 yr What is the setlist in this leg of the tour? Can somebody post it please? Setlist: Life In Technicolor Violet Hill Clocks In My Place Yellow Glass Of Water Cemeteries Of London 42 Fix You Strawberry Swing God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version) Talk (techno version) The Hardest Part (Chris piano, Will) Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental) Viva La Vida Lost! Green Eyes (acoustic) Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals) I'm A Believer (Neil Diamond Cover - acoustic) Viva La Vida (remix interlude) ------ Politik Lovers In Japan Death And All His Friends ------- The Scientist Life in Technicolor ii The Escapist (outro)
May 22, 200917 yr You need to count me, i am there in Section D row 45 seats 23,24 same as Helen's and i am going to see her and The Joker definitely. And my name is Pallavi and i will be there along with my husband too.And we both are Indians. YEAAHH!! :D oh, and i'm going to be spending my life savings at the merch shop. :wacko::D! :laugh3: I second that! Totally up for tracking down the boys :) I'll be at the venue by probably 2 and I'll be wearing a homemade t-shirt and jeans :D Do you guys think that they'll add a few songs into our show because its a stadium show? I hope I get to hear AROBTTH or Amsterdam live!
May 22, 200917 yr Setlist: Life In Technicolor Violet Hill Clocks In My Place Yellow Glass Of Water Cemeteries Of London 42 Fix You Strawberry Swing God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version) Talk (techno version) The Hardest Part (Chris piano, Will) Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental) Viva La Vida Lost! Green Eyes (acoustic) Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals) I'm A Believer (Neil Diamond Cover - acoustic) Viva La Vida (remix interlude) ------ Politik Lovers In Japan Death And All His Friends ------- The Scientist Life in Technicolor ii The Escapist (outro) B-Stage C-Stage? What's b and c-stage?
May 22, 200917 yr c stage Green Eyes (acoustic) Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will vocals) I'm A Believer (Neil Diamond Cover - acoustic)
May 22, 200917 yr Weather Outlook for Hershey on Sunday: High: 83 Low: 61 Partly Cloudy :cool: http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USPA0710?from=search_10day
May 22, 200917 yr Weather Outlook for Hershey on Sunday: High: 83 Low: 61 Partly Cloudy :cool: http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/USPA0710?from=search_10day :cool::cool::drummer::guitarist::guitarist::dance:
May 22, 200917 yr I pray to god that there shouldn't be any rain or thunder or what ever...:dozey:I can't stand it like those UAE people...:laugh3:
May 22, 200917 yr the weather looks wonderful!!! oh my god i'm SO. FREAKING. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWO. FREAKING. DAYS!!!!!!!!!! ohhhhmygodi'mgoingtofaint. can't wait to see ya'll in section D!!!! :D
Create an account or sign in to comment