Jump to content

Technical Guitar Question...


Recommended Posts

I just got into modern fingerstyle techniques (two handed slaps) and I wanted to buy a cheap guitar that I could beat up while I learn how to play. I found a 40 dollar pawn shop Lark (supposedly an old sub-manufacturer of Kay). The tailpiece is adjustable as is the neck. Now the string height is way high, and if I set it any lower, I get an undesirable buzz on the open D and G strings to the point where it is unplayable. The neck's got a bit of back bow which I think causes the buzzing, so I figured if I loosened the truss rod a bit, I could lower the tailpiece. And THEN I could make this cheap guitar be decent for its money. One problem I ran into though. The truss rod nut seems to be stripped. I used a variety of allen wrenches, tried several different tips, but I can't seem to adjust the d**n thing! Its getting so frustrating. My question is this: Is it possible to remove the truss rod nut somehow and replace it? I've looked into the truss rod restoration kit, but its a whopping $240 for just a few pieces of metal and a spiffy drill bit. Arghhh if anyone knows anything, please lend me some of your wisdom!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...