✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2||CUZ WE IZ COOL

iPsy

Yellow

Chapter 2

"Where did you get this?" Jonny asked, gesturing to the beautiful sleek black SUV that Chris arrived in.

"Do you like it?" Chris asked, "I rented it for our trip."

"It's nice," Jonny said, looking the car up and down.

"Throw your bag in the back and hop in," Chris told him.

Jonny slid into the passenger seat.

"Wow," he said, running his hands over the seat, "Leather."

Chris looked at him and winked.

"Yep," he said, smiling.

"And heated seats too," Jonny said, checking out the control panels.

"And tinted windows," Chris told him.

"You could almost live in this car," Jonny added.

Chris was driving carefully down the city streets.

Once he accelerated onto the high way, he reached over and rested his hand on Jonny's leg.

"Put on some music, luv," he said.

"What do you want to hear?" Jonny asked.

Chris smiled at him.

"You pick, Jon. I'm sure I'll like it."

"You're in a good mood," Jonny said.

"Yes," Chris said, "I feel very relaxed today for some strange reason."

"I could get used to that," Jonny said, resting his hand on the back of Chris' neck and running his fingers through the edge of his curls.

"That tickles," Chris said.

Jonny looked at him intently.

He took off his seat belt and slid across the car.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked.

Jonny leaned in and started to nibble on Chris' neck.

"Jon......" Chris said, "I'm trying to drive. This isn't very safe."

"Then stop the car," Jonny said, still kissing on Chris' neck.

"What?" Chris asked.

"Stop the car," Jonny said, sliding one hand down Chris' chest and starting to unbutton his shirt.

"It's the middle of the freeway," Chris told him, "I'll have to find an exit."

"You better find one quick," Jonny said.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow

Chapter 3

Chris stopped the vehicle with a jolt.

Jonny slid the gearshift into 'Park' for him.

Chris found the lever on the steering wheel and flipped it up, out of the way.

Then he reached down and found the button on his seat that automatically laid the seat down.

Jonny was all over him.

They were kissing deeply, tongues intertwined and dancing with one another.

Chris's searching hands found the snaps on Jonny's shirt and he ripped them all open at once.

"You smell magnificent," Jonny told him.

"It's new," Chris said, "I got it just for today."

"Thank you, "Jonny growled, running his hands up and down Chris' chest.

Chris yanked Jonny's cap off and threw it in the back.

Then he ran his hands through Jonny's hair.

"Shit, you are incredible," he said, softly.

Jonny looked at him with burning eyes.

"You make me lose my mind," he said.

Chris slid his fingers down Jonny's chest.

Jonny closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

Chris' fingers found the buttons on Jonny's jeans.

"Oh yes," Jonny said,resting his head on Chris' shoulder, "Yes."

"This must be the place," Chris said, turning into a long driveway.

"It's beautiful," Jonny said, looking around.

They drove up to the main house.

"I'll check us in," Chris told him.

"We're staying in one of these little bungalows?" Jonny asked.

"Yeah," Chris nodded.

Just then the door of the main house opened.

Several people came walking out.

Two were carrying tennis rackets and two were carrying large beach towels.

"Ah, Chris...." Jonny said.

"Hmmm?"

"None of these people have clothes on," Jonny said, staring at them wide-eyed.

Chris smiled devilishly.

"No," he told Jonny, "This is a weekend getaway for nudists."

Stuck Here

Part 5

"I love you. More than anything," Jonny said, staring intently at Chris. "Wow... you're not even awake and that was difficult. I can't imagine what it would be like if you were conscious."

"More difficult."

"Yeah." Jonny looked around the room, searching for nothing in particular. He was just thinking about what it would be like to really tell Chris he loved him. It would certainly be a challenge, and Jonny was afraid that maybe it would change their friendship if Chris didn't feel the same.

Suddenly, Jonny widened his eyes, hit by a shocking realization. "Oh my God!"

"I was wondering when you'd catch on," Chris laughed. "It took you a bit."

"You're awake."

"Yes, that's what it looks like."

"You're OK."

"I think so, yeah. I feel great," Chris smiled.

"I should go get a nurse or something," Jonny said, standing up. "I'll be right back."

He walked over the door and reached for the handle, but he froze before opening it. "Oh no..."

"What is it?"

"Please tell me... you didn't... hear..."

"I did. But it's-" Chris started, but Jonny had already swung the door open and fled the room. "-not a bad thing, 'cause I love you, too."

A bit later, the nurse who Jonny called in and the doctor were finished examining Chris. He appeared to be completely back to normal. They exited the room, leaving Chris by himself. Jonny hadn't come back since he went to fetch the nurse.

Chris laid in silence. He was quite upset, seeing as how he'd left the loneliness of his mind to return to the man who basically abandoned him as soon as he woke up. To make it worse, he knew that Jonny only left because he was scared, but there was nothing Chris could do to reassure him. He didn't know where Jonny went, and he couldn't leave the bed, let alone the room.

As he thought about where Jonny could have gone, the door opened and two men walked in.

"Chris," Guy said, walking over to the bed. "Jonny called us and told us you were awake."

"We're so glad to have you back, man," Will said.

"Thanks... uh, where is he?"

"Who, Jonny?"

"Yeah."

"Well, he called from here," Guy said. "So, isn't he, you know, here?"

"He left the room to get a nurse, and he didn't come back."

"When did he leave, exactly?"

"Just after I woke up."

"Why would he not come back?" Will asked.

"I don't know," Chris lied. "Do you think he's here somewhere?"

"I guess it's possible. I could go look, if you want."

"If you don't mind, that would be nice. I really need to talk to him."

"I don't mind. Guy, you should stay here and keep Chris company."

"OK," Guy agreed, and Will left to find Jonny. Guy sat down in the chair beside Chris' bed. "Tell me why he left."

"I told you before, I don't know."

"Yes, you do. Tell me why."

"Before I woke up... well, before he knew I was conscious, he told me something. And I guess he didn't really want me to hear it."

"He finally told you?" Guy asked.

"You knew?"

"He talks about it with Will and me all the time."

"We are talking about the same thing, aren't we?" Chris asked.

"He loves you," Guy replied. "But you love him, too, right? I assume he doesn't know that, though."

"Yeah. I tried to tell him, but he left before I could."

"I'm sure Will'll find Jonny, bring him back here. You can tell him then."

Okay, so I dont know if any of you remmeber my FanFic (besides Brooke and Kyra :dozey: )

But anyways i felt bad that I didnt finish, so now I am. I am sorry lol i just kept forgetting because I am more interested in your fanfics than mine. Incase you forgot what happened here is the previous chapters AND my new installment.

Some Kind Of Ghost

Chapter 1

Guy’s PoV

I woke with a start. I sat up gasping for breath and I could feel cold sweat run down my neck. Oh no, not again! I thought. I fall back on my pillow with a groan, and roll onto my side. Damn these dreams, why does this keep happening? I thought I was over this, over him! I felt like crying, in a way. The dreams weren’t sad, far from it, but the way the dreams made me feel, complete, happy and wanted. That made me sad. Because I knew the feelings that I had for Chris would never be returned.

All I wanted was sleep, and dreams free from Chris. I worked very hard to keep my feelings for him a secret, and I kept them buried deep down inside me for a very long time. I honestly do not remember when feelings for Chris emerged. I just remember that one day he grabbed my face and kissed me on the forehead, like he does with Jonny and Will and my heart thumped hard in my chest and I wished he would never let go. I now try to shy away from his touch, but sometimes I catch myself smiling or laughing when he invades my space. I watch the way it is when he hugs and kisses Jonny and sometimes Will and my heart aches with jealousy. It seems so easy, effortless. There are no signs of a struggle to hide emotions. Just my band mates joking and laughing. Happy. I lay there pitying myself when I am startled by my phone ringing. I check the caller ID: Chris. Great, just what I need. I thought. I answered

“Hello?” I said, my voice heavy with lack of sleep.

“Guy? Where are you? Get the fuck down here, we need to set up and practice for tonight.”

“Yeah, yeah. Okay I am coming! Shit.” My voice cracked at the last word.

Chris chuckled. “Hurry.” He said and hung up. I set down my phone and quickly got dressed. I paused confused. Shit, I don’t remember where I am supposed to meet them. God Dammit.

Chapter 2

Chris’s PoV

“I just got off the phone with Guy, he’s coming. Did ya talk to Jon?” I said looking up at Will.

“Yeah, he is on the way. The lazy fuck wasn’t even awake when I called.” Will rolled his eyes and laughed.

“Neither was Guy. Do you think something is wrong with him? He is never late.” I said a little worried. I started to fidget and I was getting impatient.

“ I am sure he is fine. Will you stop that?!” Will walked over to me and grabbed the drumstick I was banging against a speaker. “You need to calm yourself. When you are this hyper you usually end up hurting yourself or someone else.” He gestured to my eyebrow, which was still slightly swollen. I smiled and punched him lightly on the shoulder.

“When have I hurt anyone else?”

“You haven’t yet, But that doesn’t mean you won’t.” He smiled and punched me back, I winced. It was harder than I punched.

“Hey guys.” Guy was walking toward us, he looked dead on his feet.

“Jesus Guy, you look like hell.” I said walking up to him. He backed away slightly. Maybe I am too hyper.

He yawned. “Thanks. Am I the last to arrive?”

“Nope, still waiting on Jonny-boy. But he is always late.” Guy sat down, and I sat beside him and put my hand on his shoulder. “You okay?”

He looked at my hand then at me “Yeah, I am fine, just tired” He plastered a huge Guy-like grin on his face. It seemed like he was trying too hard to convince me. I was about to say something else when I was interrupted.

“You guys done with this love-fest? Jonny is here.” I stuck my tongue out at Will, but out of the corner of my eye I saw Guy blush. I got up to welcome Jonny.

“Finally Jon. Are you ready to get to work?”

“Yep. Lets’ make like a rock and roll.” Jonny said smiling. All four of us laughed. Making Jonny grin wider.

“Great Jonny-boy.” I put my arm around his shoulders and walked toward the stage. I glanced at Guy. He was no longer smiling.

Chapter 3

Guy’s PoV

“Great show tonight, right guys?” Said Will who was still laughing hysterically. “I told you Chris, I told you!” Toward the end of the show, Chris was doing what he always does; jumping and dancing spastically. While doing that; he tripped and fell backwards, taking me down with him. He hit the back of his head, which he was now icing. I only got my elbow bruised. But that didn’t make any difference to Chris, he was still apologizing every five seconds.

“Guy, I-“

“Chris, shut it. I know you are sorry. I am not mad, I’m barely hurt! You are probably the one with a concussion. You really need to be more careful, you are going to kill yourself one of these days!” After I was done with my little rant, I realized I probably said more than I should have.

“Sorry Mum!” He said and kissed me on the cheek and laid his head on my shoulder. “I’ll try to be more careful!” Jonny and Will both started cracking up. I couldn’t help but to laugh too. I looked down at him and wanted nothing more than to pull my fingers through his curly hair and kiss his lips. What the hell is wrong with me? I should think those kinds of things! I feel like I am preying on one on my best friends! I quickly pushed every dirty thought I had about Chris out of my mind. I shifted uncomfortably.

“ So, Uh…How is your head? I asked. Chris sat up and felt the back of his head.

He winced “Fuck, it hurts like hell.” I sat up to look and touched it hesitantly.

“Shit Chris, you have a big bump and its bleeding. Maybe you should see a doctor.”

“Is it really that bad?” He asked me. I nodded and he looked at Jonny. “Will you call the doctor Jon?” Jonny nodded and he and Will left the room. “God, I have a headache.” A few minutes later Will and Jonny came back.

“The doctor will be here soon.” Jonny said. Chris nodded. Will stepped closer and looked at Chris.

“Sorry I laughed man.” He said looking down at his feet. Chris laughed, then winced.

“Its fine Will, It was funny. I am going to be okay.”He said patting his friend on his hand. There was a knock on the door, and we all jumped. Jonny got up to answer. “Hi, uh he is over there.”

“Hello, I’m Dr. Chase, What seems to be the problem?” He said with a thick Australian accent.

“Hit…My head”

“Alright, let me take a look.” He felt Chris’s head for what seemed like an eternity. “Well, It looks like you will need stitches. But luckily not many. I can give you a local anesthetic, but you might feel slight pain and pulling. After I am done you should be fine.” Dr. Chase looked at Chris with a warm smile and waited for him to respond.

“Uh, alright.” Chris grabbed my hand and held on tight. He looked scared. I put my other hand on top of his.

“It’ll be okay, It won’t take long.” I said reassuringly. He nodded and looked at me. My heart skipped a beat. He stared at me with his big blue eyes and all I could do was stare back.

“I am going to inject you with the anesthetic now, you will feel a slight pinch.” Chris squeezed my hand and closed his eyes. He licked his lips slightly. This made them so much more tempting. It was only minutes when Dr. Chase announced he was done. “There, you should be fine. Take aspirin if you need to. And someone should stay with him tonight, just in case.” He patted Chris on the shoulder and said his goodbyes. Will showed him out.

“So which one of you luck guys would like to stay with me tonight?” He said looking at each of us.

“Not it!” Will said and Jonny quickly followed. Oh God, I guess its me. Can I handle this?

“Okay, fine. I’ll do it!” I said with mock anger.

“That’s the spirit Guy!” Said Chris smiling. He hugged me tightly and whispered. ”Thank you.”

Chapter 4

Part 1

Guys’ PoV

We sat around for a little longer. Just talking. Chris seemed fine and although the doctor recommended aspirin for Chris’s head, Will had something stronger for him. He tossed Chris a small bottle.

“ Its Vicodin, it will help much more than aspirin will. Just don’t become addicted.” Will said smiling. Chris opened the bottle and took a pill out, while Will handed him a glass of water.

“Thanks .” he said after swallowing. “Ah, I am hungry. Wanna get something to eat?”

“Are you sure you are up for that?” Jonny asked, concern in his voice. Chris looked up at him with a sneaky look on his face.

“Well I don’t know Jonny-boy, I think I might faint! You should probably carry me!” He laid down, his head in my lap and put his hand on his head like he was a damsel in distress. He looked up at me and winked. I could now feel butterflies in my stomach. “Oh Jon hurry! I need you!” Will and I both laughed as Chris made kissy faces at Jonny. But I couldn’t help but feel a slight jolt of jealousy. It was completely irrational, he was kidding around with Jonny, but I couldn’t help it.

“Shut up Chris!” Yelled Jonny. He grabbed a book and threw it at Chris. It missed.

“ Aw, c’mon Jonny! Are you trying to beat me up? I’m handicapped!” All of us were now laughing hysterically.

“Not being able to dance, then falling and hitting your head does not count as being handicapped!” Said Jonny through his laughter.

“ I am hurt Jon! Hurt! I dance very nicely! The ladies love it!” countered Chris with a shocked expression on his face.

“Oh, Chris be quiet now, you are embarrassing yourself! Lets go eat!”

Part 2

Guys PoV

We were all in the car, driving to a restaurant I cannot remember. I was too distracted by Chris. The Vicodin kicked in and he was being even more funny than usual. Jonny was driving and Will was in the passenger seat. So that left me in back with Chris. Of course

“Maybe the Vicodin wasn’t the best idea” said Will looking at Chris who was dancing to a song nobody else could hear.

“Nah, its fine” I said. “At least he isn’t in pain.” As soon as I said that, Chris looked at me, grinned, grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me right on the mouth. Both Jonny and Will chuckled

“ Chris leave poor Guy alone, he has been through enough tonight.” Said Jonny. Still snickering. Of course everyone laughed it off, that was something Chris always did. Mostly to Jon and a couple times to Will, but never me. Not once! My face was flushed, my heart thumped painfully in my chest, I couldn’t breathe. Nobody seem to noticed, thank God. We arrived at whatever place we were going. Everything else that happened seemed like it was happening in a daze. I was no longer hungry but I ordered anyway. We were all crowded in a booth, Chris sat next to me, our thighs, arms, shoulders were touching. It took all my restraint to not break down right there.

“Guy, GUY!” I awoke from my daze, All three of my friends were staring at me. “Are you okay?” Chris asked me, staring at me with his beautiful eyes.

“No, I feel sick. I need to leave. Chris maybe you should stay with Jon tonight.” I turned and almost ran out the door, I couldn’t look back. I got outside and waved down a taxi, I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

Chapter 5

Chris’s PoV

“Is he still not answering?” Will asked me as I hung up the phone. I shook my head and looked down. What the hell is going on? Guy was fine all night, then all of a sudden he became so detached. And abruptly left.

“ Should we go and see if he is home?” I asked Will.

“No, If he is not answering his phone, then he won’t answer the door. Besides, he will call us back when he feels better.” Will said tiredly. How can he be so calm about this?

“Will! Our friend left last night, with no explanation, no warning! And we haven’t seen or heard from him since!” I was practically yelling at him, but I didn’t care. “Don’t you care? He didn’t look sick, he just looked upset. Something is wrong.”

That made him angry. “Of course I care! But pestering him isn’t going to help! He wants to be alone.” By the end of his sentence he calmed himself slightly. “Look, I am worried too. Lets give him a little time, and if he still isnt making any contact we will go to him. Okay?” He put his hand on my shoulder. “I know you like to fix things right away Chris, but some things take time.” I know his speech was meant to make me feel better, but it didn’t. I didn’t want to give Guy time. I wanted to be around him more than I ever have before. When I kissed him last night, at first it was just me being silly but during the kiss I felt something more than friendship. Was it my feelings or his? I felt so confused, I had no idea what to do. One thing I was sure of was that I needed to talk to Guy, I need to figure this out before I go mental.

“ I am going to go take a walk.” I got up, looked at Will and smiled. He was reading and wasn’t really paying attention.

“Okay, see you later.” He didn’t bother glancing up. I technically didn’t lie to Will. I was going for a walk. I just had a certain destination in mind. I didn’t care that Guy wanted to be alone. I need to talk to him now, I can’t wait any longer. I want to know if he feels for me the way I think I feel for him.

Chapter 6

Part 1

Guy’s PoV

I felt as if I was being haunted. Like some kind of ghost was with me, constantly hanging over my head. Some moments were worst than others. Sometimes I would just feel lost and hopeless, but in the worst moments I couldn’t breathe, I clutched my chest because I felt like my heart was going to explode. I still haven’t slept. I felt exhausted and drained; I wanted to die. I have laid in the dark for hours with only my thoughts, which were slowly driving me insane. I finally made some resolve, a decision that would hurt only me.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

“Guy! Let me in, NOW!” Chris was yelling on the other side of the door. Oh no! I stayed silent. “Guy! I know you are in there! If you don’t open the door, I will kick it down!” I smiled bitterly, no he wouldn’t. Three more bangs, this time slower and harder. Holy shit!

“Chris! Stop it!”

“Not until you let me in!” Another kick.

“Fuck Chris! Fine, I’m coming!” I stumbled off my couch, weak from not sleeping. I opened the door, there Chris stood, panting. He was as perfect as I remember, he was everything I wanted but couldn’t have. He cared too much, but not enough. He stared down at me with those wide blue eyes, his face twisted in concern and another emotion I couldn’t place. “What do you want Chris?” I avoided eye contact. I couldn’t look at him, it hurt too much.

“Look at me.”

“No.”

“Why?” He took a step closer, sounding hurt.

I stepped back. “Because.”

“Because why?” He stepped even closer, closing the door behind him. We were almost touching.

“Because I can’t! It’s too hard to look at you! He grabbed my face and I jerked away.

“Stop that! Look at me!” I did. He held my face in his hands and pressed himself to me. I looked at him confused. What was he doing? He leaned his head down and pressed his lips to mine. Softly at first, then more forcefully. I kissed him back with all I had left. We stumbled toward the couch, he was on top of me now, I couldn’t breathe. He started to lift my shirt when I stopped him.

“Chris, stop. I can’t do this.”

Part 2

Chris’s PoV

“What? Why?” We were both standing now, feet apart. “I thought…”

“Chris, Its not like I don’t want to, I…Just can’t.” He had a tortured look on his face.

“That doesn’t make sense Guy.” I could feel tears run down my face. I wiped them away self-consciously. He sat back down on the couch and put his head in his hands. I looked at him for a long moment, then sat down on the other end of the couch, keeping my distance.

“Chris, this,” he pointed to himself than at me. “ won’t work out.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Yes, I do. You have a wife! Chris, and kids!” He jumped off the couch and look down at me.

“We can-“

“ What? Figure it out?” He said angrily. “Will you leave Gwyn?”

“I…I don’t know.” I said defeated. Every argument I could come up with, was shot down. I felt hopeless.

“I think I should leave for awhile, give us some time apart.” I was about to protest when he cut me off. “I wont be gone too long. And when I come back, I guess we will pretend this never happened.”

“I don’t want to pretend this never happened!” I stood up and walked toward him, he didn’t move. “Guy, I… I love you!” He looked up at me, shocked. His eyes were wide.

“No, you don’t.”

“Yes, Guy, I do!” I said helplessly.

“Chris, don’t make this harder than It has to be.” He backed away from me and went to the door. “Just lock the door when you leave.”

“Fuck off Guy! Just fuck off!” He closed the door and I was left alone completely rejected. I fell to my knees and sobbed quietly into my hands.

Chapter 7

Chris’s POV

It’s been two weeks and Guy still won’t take my calls. When he left, he apparently told Will and Jonny that he needed time to think and he will be gone for awhile. Luckily he told them nothing else.

“Chris! CHRIS!” Will yelled. “Wake the fuck up, and pay attention.”

“Sorry! I, uh sorry.” I said stumbling over my words. I tried to snap out of my daze. It was hard, all I could think about was how foolish I was and how its my fault Guy wasn’t here.

“What’s the matter?” Jonny asked putting his hand on my shoulder. He looked concerned. Of course he is, he is always concerned.

“Nothing, I guess I am just distracted today.”

“No, not today. Everyday. Everyday for the past two weeks.” Will said. His arms were crossed. There was silence for a several minutes. I felt the pressure to break it but I didn’t want to say anything stupid.

“I guess its Guy.” I blurted out. Great, that was something stupid. “I mean, I wish he would come back. I don’t want the band to be done, that’s all. It-it’s not like we could continue on, you know without him. I mean we could but I mean we don’t want too. Right? He is the only bass player I want. For the band! I mean he is the only bass player I want for the band.

“I am not really sure what you just said. But I think you want Guy to come back. Am I right?” Asked Jonny, confused by my slur of words. I just nodded.

“You know Chris, things would move a lot quicker and smoother if you would speak so humans could understand.” Will said laughing slightly, along with Jonny. “Look Chris I know its harder for you since you are so sensitive and all.” He continued. “But Jonny and I both miss Guy too. He is just being dramatic right now. I have no doubt that he will return and everything will be back to normal.” Will finished confidently. Jonny was now laughing hysterically. I couldn’t help but laugh too. I grabbed a drumstick and threw it at Will.

“ I am not that sensitive!” He dodged my feeble throw and stuck his tongue out at me.

“Of course not! Now please Chris, don’t cry!” I got off the couch I was sitting on, grabbed a pillow and started attacking Will with it. “Calm down! Would you like a teddy bear to hold? Would that make you feel better?” I sat back down, my sides hurt from laughing. Will and Jonny always made me feel better no matter how bad I fucked things up. That’s when I decided that I had to fix things with Guy. Jon and Will deserve that. My stupidity will not be the reason the band breaks up. Not because of me.

Okay...here is the ahem unusual chapter.

It does not affect the story so if you skip it you won't have lost anything.

Kyra...and anyone else with a delicate constitution might want to skip it.

Oh...and I did research it.

Yellow

Chapter 4

"That's not too tight is it?" Chris asked, examining his knot.

Jonny pulled on the silken bands.

"No," he said, "It's just right."

Chris smiled at him and opened a little box that sat by the bed.

"What's in there?" Jonny asked, leaning over to look.

"Just you never mind," Chris said, pushing him back down.

"Close your eyes," Chris told him.

Jonny laid back and did as Chris asked.

"Now open them," Chris said.

"What are you going to do with that?" Jonny asked.

Chris was holding a long paper thin silver blade in an ivory holder.

"It won't hurt," Chris said, "Kind of like a paper cut."

Chris ran the blade along his own hand.

"See, nothing to it."

"What's this all about?" Jonny asked.

"It's an ancient tradition among many tribes. A person cuts another one that he wants to have an everlasting bond with

and then seals the cut with his own saliva. Haven't you ever heard of 'blood brothers?' Well, that's where the term

originated."

"Won't it leave a scar or a mark?" Jonny asked.

"No," Chris said, " the cut isn't deep enough to leave a scar and if the bond is sealed for eternity, there won't even be a mark tomorrow."

Jonny smiled.

"This is a nudist camp. I'd hate to be all marked up tomorrow when we go to the pool."

"You won't be," Chris said, "No one will know anything about this but you, me and the ancient gods."

"I'm ready," Jonny said.

Chris bit his lip and slid the long blade across Jonny's chest.

A little trickle of blood appeared along the line.

"Did that hurt?" Chris asked.

"No," Jonny said, as he watched Chris slide the blade across his own chest in the same location.

The line slowly turned dark red.

Jonny surprised himself by feeling slightly aroused.

Chris leaned forward and slowly, deliberately licked the seeping blood from Jonny's chest.

Then he moved close to Jonny so that he could lick the blood from Chris.

"That's incredible," Jonny said.

Chris brought his mouth to Jonny's and they intermingled the blood still on their tongues.

"Now," Chris said, "We are blood brothers. Always a part of each other."

Jonny looked at his chest.

"No more bleeding," he said, feeling surprised.

Chris shook his head.

"I told you. Our bond is sealed for eternity."

THE YOUNG AND THE SMILEY

because i'm bored :dozey:

:guy::daisy:

:will: "what'cha got there guy?"

:guy::daisy: "some girl from twitter's been sending me flowers...its starting to creep me out."

:will: "is there a note?"

"yeah" :guy::daisy: "it says look out your window"

:will: "have you looked out the window?"

"yes. twice" :guy::daisy:

"and?" :will:

:guy::daisy: "and i didn't see anything."

:will: walks to the window. "uh...guy?"

"yeah?" :guy: moves next to :will:. outside was an odd looking :bow: holding a big sign that said "I LOVE GUY BERRYMAN 4EVA"

:guy: "uh......"

:will: shook his head. "guy has a stalker! guy has a stalker!"

"what do i do?!" :guy: ran around nervously.

:will: "maybe if you stay away from twitter for awhile, she'll forget about you. then, you'll have more time to practice, too!"

:guy: nodded. "less twitter. got it." he cautiously :escaping:

:jonny: and :chris: came in laughing, :chris: dressed up like a girl.

"do you think he'll practice more now?" :chris: tossed the sign onto a table.

:will: chuckled. "for sure."

Some Kind Of Ghost

Chapter 8

Part 1

Chris’s PoV

I finally got Guy to answer my call. I had to threaten his, mine and Will and Jonny’s life to do so but at least he answered.

“Guy, you need to come back.” I said simply.

“I cant .”

“Listen, nothing has to happen between us. We can go back to normal. As far as anyone knows nothing has happened between us. We need you, there is no Coldplay without you.” I pleaded. “Please, come back? Things might be awkward at first but we can get past it! I know we can.”

“Not now.”

I groaned. “I am going to keep bothering you. I will keep calling!” I threatened.

“I know you will.”

“You will breakdown eventually!” I hoped that was true.

“Probably.”

“Then what the fuck Guy, why not just make things easier and come back now?”

“Because I need more time.” I was getting really frustrated with his one sentence answers. He was being a real ass.

“More time? Why? I told nothing has to happen between us! I am not going to force myself on you, don’t you believe me?” Did he not trust me at all?

“ I do believe you, I do! I just need to think.”

“You can think here.” There was a long silence. I wondered if I just made things worse, I usually do. Eventually he sighed and said:

“Fine! I’ll come back. But don’t tell Will or Jon yet, we need to talk face to face first. We have to sort this whole mess out. I don’t want to act suspicious around them.”

“Yeah, okay. When will you get back?” I swallowed hard. I can handle this right?

“Today, just be home.” Then he hung up. I sunk to the floor and put my head in my hands.

“This, this is going to be difficult.” I said allowed to myself. “Very difficult.”

Part 2

Guy’s Pov

For the two weeks I had been gone, I was completely miserable. I wasn’t too far away; I was staying in a Hotel just in the next town. I couldn’t really leave. All I could think about was what I could do to fix this whole mess.

It’s Chris’s fault, he kissed me! I thought to myself.

But I wanted him too! I felt horrible.

He told me that he loved me, and I just left like it didn’t matter. I laid across the bed. Tears were forming in my eyes. He didn’t mean it.

And what if he did?

I don’t deserve him anyway.

I decided to wait a couple hours before I went to Chris’s place. I needed time to prepare. What was I going to say? What if the temptation is too much? I started to pace the room. Being just friends is the right thing for us. Anything else would just be too complicated. I said that over and over in my head to try and convince myself of that. But the prospect of Chris being with me being mine; had my heart racing. I smiled slightly. I do love him, I really do. my smile faded as soon as it came. It doesn’t matter, he is not yours and never will be.

Yellow

Chapter 5

"What is that?" Chris asked, pointing at the towel Jonny had wrapped around his waist.

"It's a towel," Jonny said, "We are going to the pool right?"

Chris was carrying his towel and suntan lotion.

He was wearing sunglasses and nothing else.

"You have to carry the towel," Chris told him., “You can’t wear it.”

"What's the difference?" Jonny asked.

"A big one," Chris said, giggling.

Jonny blushed.

"Okay, okay, sorry about that," Chris said, "But it is a difference. Do you want to get us kicked out of here for wearing too much?"

Jonny frowned and shook his head.

"That's a difficult concept to process," Jonny said, "Getting in trouble for too much clothing."

Chris reached over and unwrapped the towel.

Then he handed it to Jonny.

"Besides," he said, "I think you look adorable."

"I'm very embarrassed," Jonny said, pulling his cap down lower on his face.

"Little shy Jonny....you weren't so shy in the car," Chris teased.

"That was different," Jonny said.

"Oh really? You almost caused a massive pile-up on the freeway just because you wanted to..."

Jonny put his hand over Chris' mouth.

"Somebody might hear you," he said.

Chris kissed Jonny on the cheek.

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about," he said, pulling down his sunglasses and winking at Jonny.

"Stop that," Jonny said.

"Let's go," Chris said, opening the door.

"Can I wear my cap?" Jonny asked.

"I suppose so," Chris said, "As long as you don't use it to cover anything important."

"I'm looking forward to this swim," Jonny said.

"I read that this place has everything. Even football and hiking," Chris told him.

"Hiking?" Jonny asked, "I hope there are no thorny plants along those trails."

Chris burst out laughing.

"What about football?" Chris asked.

They both looked at each other.

"I don't think so," Jonny said, "That just sounds dangerous."

"Maybe we will stick to the pool and some tennis or some volleyball," Chris said.

Violent Waters

Chapter 13

This chapter is a bit difficult to read, due to all the single lines (dialogue), so I apologize. You'll see what I mean. :uhoh2:

Slowly, I lay back until the hot water of the bath covered my entire body in heat. I let my head sink into it so that all sound from the outside world was blocked out. Some of the water slid into my eyes, but I blinked it away. I stared at the white ceiling of the bathroom until my eyes began to hurt, and then I closed them and sunk farther into the bath. It felt so good; like I had my own warm, private hiding place. There was no sound...nothing to see. Eventually, the only part of me above the water was my nose.

Finally, I raised my head and rubbed the excess liquid from my face. If I didn’t start getting ready soon, I would end up at the Bakery an hour late.

It was a freezing night, and the wind was chilling me to the bone. I pulled my key out of my pocket and opened the door to the Bakery, shivering as I stepped in and closed it behind me. I could hear the sounds of the TV coming from upstairs, along with laughter. I hesitated, not knowing if I should go up or wait for someone to notice my arrival. Finally I decided to just go up. I locked the door and made my way to the stairs.

“Hey, Guy’s here!” said Will, waving his PlayStation controller. “Jon, pause the game.”

“No way, I’m about to...”

“Pause the game.”

Jonny sighed and hit a button on his controller, then tossed it down on the couch. “Want a beer?” Will asked, leaning towards the cooler he’d apparently brought along. I shrugged and walked up to him, holding out my hand. He grinned and passed me a bottle of Guinness.

“So, um...I thought we were watching a movie,” I muttered. I really had no interest in any of the games they played.

“Oh, yeah. We were waiting for you. Will, what did you bring?”

“I brought a few. Um...The Savages, High Anxiety, Blazing Saddles, The Exorcist, Mystic River, The Breakfast Club...”

The Breakfast Club?” echoed Jonny.

“Oh, bugger off. Here, there are a few more in there,” he said, tossing a bag full of movies into my lap.

“Jonny, did you invite Chris?” I asked, suddenly noticing how he was the only one of the band not there.

“Um...well, he’s still upset.”

“Don’t you think he’ll be even more upset when he finds out about this?” I pressed. “It’s very easy to make him feel left out...”

“I know,” muttered Jonny. “This’ll probably come back to bite me in the arse.”

“Come on, man...did you pick something?”

I pulled High Anxiety out of the bag. A Mel Brooks comedy would surely do me some good. I showed it to Will, and he nodded in approval, as did Jonny. “Alright, then! I love this movie...” said Will as he picked it from my hands and went up to the TV.

Halfway through the film, I was sprawled out on the armchair, and Jonny and Will were both lying on the couch. To my surprise, they were both drunk. Usually Jonny or Will was the sensible one who told me to stop drinking.

“Mate...mate...”

“What?”

“Want another beer?” asked Will.

“No thanks,” I said, absent-minded. For the first time in a few days, I had a true grin on my face. This movie was quite funny.

“So,” said Will, leaning against the arm of the couch. “What’s been going on lately?” I turned to frown at him. Was this the true reason I’d been asked here?

“Oh, no...” slurred Jonny. “Don’t ask him that, Will.”

“But...he’s been so depressed, Jon...look at him!”

“I’m looking at him. His hair looks very good today...”

I shrunk down in my chair, unable to concentrate on the movie again. “Okay, you’re both looking at me,” I snapped. “Now can you look at the screen?”

“But...I wanna know what your secret is!” insisted Will.

“Don’t worry, man. You don’t....you don’t have to tell him that you used Ecstasy.”

I sat up abruptly and turned my glare on Jonny, my mouth dropping open in horror. You’ve got to be kidding me.

“Whoops,” he squeaked, covering his mouth.

“Ecsta...what?” Will choked out. His eyes widened and he looked at Jonny, then at me. “You mean, like...the drug?”

“No, mate. The condom,” I said. Maybe he would actually believe me.

“Oh. Oh, the condom. Wait...no! Jonny said that he thought you were on something. Didn’t you, Jonny?”

“No...”

“Yes you did! A couple of months ago! He was right?” Will asked me, grabbing a handful of my sleeve. I pried his fingers off and stood up.

“I’m sorry...I’ve got to go,” I said shakily. I knew Jonny hadn’t meant to let slip about the drugs, but that didn’t stop me from being furious at him.

“I’m sorry!” Jonny moaned.

“Wait...Guy, wait,” called Will. “At least let me call you a cab...”

I grabbed my jacket and shook my head. “No. I walked here; I’ll walk back.” Will stood up, but he nearly toppled into the chair I’d just vacated. Jonny had just collapsed back on the couch, resting a hand over his eyes and groaning. “Stop,” I hissed. “Just...give me your keys.” I held out my hand expectantly. Even though I was too distressed to think straight, I still knew my friends were far too drunk to drive home. Will frowned at me for a moment, wrinkling his nose. But eventually he dug into his pocket and tossed me his ring of keys. I yanked the ones for his house off the ring and handed them back. “You’ll need those.”

“Jon, give him...yours.”

Jonny removed his hand from his face, revealing his tightly shut eyes. He pulled out his set and held them out. I grimaced and went up to him, grabbing the keys quickly before he had the chance to do something else. He returned his hand to his forehead without a word.

“Guy, we’re gonna talk ‘bout this...I wanna talk...”

“There’s nothing to talk about Will, it’s over,” I said bitterly.

“But then...why did he...?”

“He’s fucking hammered,” I spat, chucking an empty beer can at Jonny. He thrashed around and sat up, trying to focus his vision. I turned back to Will. “Make sure he gets home.” I had barely gotten the sentence out when the beer can flew back and hit me in the shoulder. “Fucking bastard!” I kicked the can across the floor, and it skidded to a halt under the couch somewhere.

“I said I was sorry!” Jonny cried, his words slurred.

I shook my head and moved to the top of the stairs. “Not good enough.”

Some Kind Of Ghost

Its short...What a surprise. lol

Chapter 9

Guy's PoV

I had made my way to Chris's place. I had been standing at his door for at least 10 minutes. I tried to summon up some courage to knock; knowing this will be the hardest conversation I will ever have. I felt like running agian and never turning back and I knew that as soon as I see Chris, that woould be impossible. Don't be stupid, knock! I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Almost immediately he opened the door. As soon as I looked at him, I was out of breath. Everything about him screamed beautiful and I was giving him up. He welcomed me with his warm smile.

"Hey Guy, long time no see. Come in."

"Thanks." He closed the door behind us. Both of us stood there looking at the floor, neither of us moved or spoke.

"This is awkward, what now?" he asked.

"I...I don't know."

"Do you want to sit down?"

"No."

"Okay..." We continued t stand there is silence. "Well fuck Guy. I'm sorry." He blurted.

"For what?"

"For kissing you. For ruining everything." He sat on the couch and put his head in his hands. I sat next to him.

"Aw, Chris don't cry. You didn't ruin anything!"

"Yes I did! i made you leave. I made you unhappy. I should have never kissed you!" Ouch, that hurt. He looked up and wiped his eyes. "We can pretend that nothing has happened, go back to normal, never speak of this whole mess ever again!" He looked at me expectantly.

"If that is what you want." He looked at me surprised.

"Isn't that what you want?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah thats what I want. Is that what you want?"

"Does it matter? i just want you to be happy and everything to be okay again." I couldn't take it anymore. Not only was I causing myself pain, I was causing Chris pain. I don't want to hurt him anymore.

"Chris, I love you." I blurted out. Before he could so much as speak; I grabbed his face and crushed his lips to mine.

Stuck Here

Part 6

"Wait a minute," Guy said. "Will's got his phone. You could call him and have him tell Jonny that it's all OK or whatever."

"Um... you can do that," Chris replied.

"Look, you can use my phone," Guy said, pulling his cellphone out of his pocket. "Just ask him if he's found Jonny yet, and then... I don't know. Go from there."

Elsewhere in the hospital, Jonny was sitting with Will on a bench. It hadn't taken Will long to find him, but they stayed and chatted for a while. Jonny was afraid to face Chris after revealing his love, but he didn't have it in him to actually leave the hospital. Will was trying to convince Jonny that everything would be fine, and that Chris was a nice guy and wouldn't be angry or upset about it if he didn't feel the same way.

"And anyway, you don't know that he doesn't feel the same. You haven't let him tell you how he feels yet."

"I know, but the thought of him not... It's just too much to handle."

"So you're not even gonna give him a chance?" Will asked. Before Jonny could respond, however, his pants began to ring. Will reached into his pocket and answered his phone. "Yeah... yes... no, but you can."

Jonny stared at Will, trying to figure out who he was talking to. After a few more cryptic sentences, Will handed the phone to him.

"Hello?"

"I love you, too," Chris said. "So you didn't have to leave."

"Please tell me you're not joking."

"I'm not joking. Why would I joke about this? I mean, I know I'm not always to most serious person in the world, but give me a little credit."

"Sorry... Do you hate me now? For leaving?" Jonny asked.

"No, I just told you that I love you. That kinda means I don't hate you. And why the fuck would I hate you for that? You're really silly, you know that?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of an idiot."

"No, you're not," Chris said reassuringly. "Will you please come back now? I came out of this coma to see you."

"What?"

"Listen, it's a long story. Just come back, please?"

"All right. I'll be there in a few minutes." Jonny closed the phone and gave it back to Will.

"So?" Will asked.

"We're going back to the room."

"Attaboy!" Will exclaimed, slapping Jonny on the back. They stood up and began to walk back to Chris' room.

"Chris said he came out of the coma to see me. What do you think that's supposed to mean?" Jonny asked as they made their way through the hallway.

"It's supposed to mean... that he came out of the coma to see you?"

"Is that even possible?"

"Do I look like a doctor to you? And it doesn't matter anyway, right, 'cause he doesn't hate you."

"Nope," Jonny smiled. "He loves me."

For You (Part 1)

*Nicole's PoV*

We were watching National Treasure again. Didn't we watch this last time we went over my cousin's house for movies? Maybe Chris chose the sequal this time. Oh well, as long as I got to spend with him and the other 4 boys, I was fine with whatever we were watching.

"Don't you think Justin Bartha is hot?" Chris teased me during the movie credits. He grabbed two beers out of the fridege; one for Jonny and one for him.

I laughed as I leaned over the counter, "Chris, that was years ago, many years ago. I have other hot celebrities I can think about."

"Are you referring to Guy, Nicole?" Chris teased again as he passed a beer to Jonny who started to laugh.

"Now I've never said that," I looked back at Guy and paused, "but I'm not going to say he's not hot." I could see Guy blushing in the corner of my eye. Phil, Jonny, Will, and Chris started to laugh.

"Oh please," he said as he placed his hands on my hips. "Your not bad looking, yourself." He kissed me on the cheek and I started to blush and laugh as I tore his hands off my waist. I didn't mind, but I couldn't flirt with Guy in front of his boys, or Chris.

"Guy," Chris laughed, "Stop flirting with my cousin!"

"Oh, things never change, do they?" Phil broke into laughter again.

I sat down on the couch next to Phil. "Phil, you shouldn't be talking."

"That was months ago, it doesn't count." He crossed his arms.

"It all counts," Will started to say as he sat down on the other side of me and took a sip of his beer. "To women, anyways."

Yellow

Chapter 6

Chris and Jonny found the pool area to be very busy.

But there were still two free lounge chairs together.

They smeared suntan lotion all over their bodies, helping each other do the parts they couldn't reach.

There were people of all ages at the pool.

There was a young couple with a baby that was learning to swim.

There were two elderly ladies.

There were of course beautiful young girls and handsome men.

Jonny found it strange that none of them appeared to be flirting with each other.

They were just going about having a good time as if everything was normal.

"Well, they aren't freaks," Chris said, “No one comes here to get a date. Look around, they are all with someone.”

Jonny looked around and realized that Chris was right.

A young lady walked up to Jonny.

He took off his cap and quickly laid it across his lap.

She smiled slightly.

"First time here, I would guess," she said.

"Yes," he said.

"I just wanted to ask if I could use your suntan lotion. I just ran out and my son needs some on his ears."

"Sure," Jonny said, handing her the bottle.

"Thanks," she said, "And try to relax."

Jonny nodded.

"Let's hit the pool," Chris told him.

Jonny walked over and slid off the side of the pool into the water.

"Watch this, Jon!" Chris yelled to him, as he climbed the ladder to the diving board.

Chris did several flips in the air before he landed with a big splash right beside Jonny.

"Awesome," Jonny said.

They played around in the pool,splashing each other with water for awhile before someone called to them.

"Hey, guys, come here," a muscular young man called.

"What?" Chris said, suspiciously.

"We are going to play volleyball. Come with us. The court is just right there," he said, pointing.

Chris looked at Jonny.

Jonny shrugged.

"Why not?" he said.

They all got out of the pool and walked to the court.

"We saw you guys earlier and you both are tall, perfect for volleyball," the guy told him.

"I'm Chris and this is Jonny," Chris said.

"I'm Patrick and this is my brother, Adam," the muscular one said.

"Let's play," Jonny said.

Yellow

Chapter 7

That night as they dressed for dinner, Jonny told Chris, "I think it would be just too weird to come here with your brother."

Chris laughed and slapped him on the rear with a towel.

"You didn't really think that was his brother, did you?"

Jonny stopped brushing his teeth.

"It wasn't?" he asked.

"Yeah," Chris said, sarcastically, "About like you are my brother."

"Oh," Jonny said.

"Why lie to us?" Jonny asked, "It's not like we hide anything."

Chris was buttoning his shirt.

"I suppose because some people still aren't that comfortable with their own skin," he said.

"Don't you think it is weird that we have to dress up for dinner?" Jonny asked, putting on his dinner jacket.

"I don't know about weird," Chris said, "But you certainly look stunning."

"Yeah?' Jonny said, with a little smile, "Thanks."

He was fiddling with his tie.

Chris watched him for a moment.

"Here let me help you," he said.

Chris was almost finished with the tie when Jonny took hold of his hands.

"I'm having a great time," he said.

Chris winked at him.

"Good, I was afraid you wouldn't."

"It was a different idea and I would never have done it on my own," he said, "But it's okay."

"Jonny boy, that is why I do love you so. You have an open mind and are ready for anything."

"I love you too," Jonny said, kissing Chris on the lips.

"I'm starved," Chris said," Let's go eat."

"I hope they have something I recognize on the menu," Jonny said.

"Like what?" Chris asked.

"I don't know, something besides sprouts and weeds," Jonny said.

Chris shook his head.

"How typical," he said.

"Food I am not so open-minded about. I need something with substance,"Jonny told him, “Like steak.”

Chris looked at him in horror.

“I hope you don’t think you are going to kiss me with that carnivorous mouth.”

“Oh come on” Jonny teased him, “I’ve kissed you after having worse than that in my mouth.”

This time, Chris actually blushed.

Last two of this pointless story.

Off to write one that has been gnawing at me for days.

Yellow

Chapter 8

After dinner they took a stroll down by the little lake.

It seemed to be a popular idea as the place was full of guests enjoying the sunset.

After dark, they slowly wandered away until Chris and Jonny were sitting alone in the gazebo.

"Let's dance," Jonny told him, standing up and offering his hand to Chris.

They danced close together quietly until Jonny started to hum.

"You sound terrible,"Chris joked.

"It was me or the croaking frogs," Jonny told him.

"I see why you don't like to sing in the shower," Chris teased.

"I've been thinking about those other two," Jonny said, "Patrick and Adam."

"What about them?"

"Maybe we should invite them over to watch a movie or something,"Jonny said.

"Why?" Chris asked.

"I feel kind of sorry for them," Jonny said, "Maybe if they see us together, openly, it will give them some courage."

"That's very thoughtful and sweet," Chris told him.

"Not really," Jonny said, stopping and looking at Chris, "I can't imagine what it would be like if I couldn't show how I feel about you."

Chris smiled at him.

"Let's go call them," he said.

Jonny and Adam were picking out a movie to watch.

Chris and Patrick were making popcorn.

"It was very nice of you to invite my brother and me over,"Patrick said.

Chris looked at him.

Patrick looked down.

"I guess you know he isn't my brother," Patrick said, looking embarrassed.

"I kind of figured that," Chris said.

"How long have you two been together?" Patrick asked.

"I've been in love with Jonny since the day we met," Chris said, "What about you?"

"Almost a year,"Patrick said.

"Wow...a year and you still hide it..even in a private place like this?" Chris asked.

"I know...it's me really," Patrick said, "Adam is more willing to show affection."

"Well, I can understand that you might be more discreet in daily life...but here..no one knows or cares..so why?"

"I guess I am still ashamed," Patrick said.

Chris stopped what he was doing and looked at Patrick.

"Do you love him?" he asked.

Patrick nodded.

"Then how can you be ashamed of that? Love is love. It is a gift. Something to be celebrated. Not hidden in the dark."

"You are right," Patrick told him, "That changes right now."

He walked into the other room and sat down beside Adam, sliding his hand along his thigh.

Adam stared at him in pleasant surprise.

"I love you,"Patrick said to him.

Adam leaned over and kissed him.

Jonny walked into the kitchen, smiling at Chris.

"What did you say to him?" he asked.

"I'm not sure what I said that got through to him, but something did," Chris answered.

"Thank you," Jonny said, sliding his arms around Chris' neck and kissing him.

Yellow

Chapter 9

Chris and Jonny were putting their bags in the car late the next afternoon.

"Hey," Patrick and Adam came hurrying across the grass, holding hands.

"We wanted to catch you before you left," Patrick said, "And thank you."

"It was a pleasure," Chris said.

"Here's my business card," Patrick said, handing the card to Jonny.

"Maybe we could get together for drinks or dinner back in London," Adam said.

"Thanks man," Jonny said, "That would be great."

"And we will be coming back here too,"Patrick told them.

Chris looked at Jonny.

"I'm not sure if we will," Chris said.

Jonny smiled at him.

"Sure," he said, "I don't see why not. I kind of like the not wearing clothes thing."

"I've created a monster," Chris said.

They all laughed.

"Yeah," Jonny said, "I just have to remember not to go out and get the paper like that at home."

"We better get going," Chris told them.

Out on the freeway Jonny told Chris, "You are very sexy when you drive."

"Keep your hands to yourself, this time, mister," Chris said.

"Oh, I will," Jonny said, "I was just telling you."

"I love you, Jonny." Chris said.

"I hope those two have a long and happy relationship," Jonny said, "They sort of remind me of us."

"Yeah," Chris said,"I could see that too."

"I'm glad you got over your shyness," Jonny joked.

"I'm proud of you for how you handled this weekend," Chris told him.

"I trust you," Jonny said, "You would never put me in a situation that I couldn't handle on purpose."

"You are right," Chris said, "I wouldn't. Because you mean the world to me."

Jonny looked at him and smiled.

"Shut up and drive," he said.

The End

Here's one I just found on my computer while writing.

The board isn't busy so I posted it for you guys.

Sailing

Chapter 1

"A whole day off...this is great," Jonny said.

"Yeah," Will added,"You and I can finally finish that epic match we started on the Playstation."

"What are you going to do, Chris?" Jonny asked.

"Hmmm, I got some stuff to go over and some calls to make," he said, writing himself yet another list.

Will rolled his eyes.

"What about you, Guy?" he asked.

"I don't know," Guy said, "I was thinking about doing a little sailing."

"By yourself....I don't know if that is a good idea," Jonny said.

"I heard there are supposed to be squalls today," Will said.

"I know how to sail a boat," Guy said, "I'm not taking out the Titanic. Just a wee little sailboat."

Several hours later Guy was stretched out on the deck of the sailboat he had rented.

He was wearing sunglasses and sunscreen and nothing else.

It was a beautiful summer day on the coast of Australia.

The water was crystal blue.

The breeze was gentle.

An occasional cloud drifted across the sun causing a shadow to form on the deck.

Guy was listening to the songs that the Strokes had recorded for their new album on his IPOD.

He made a mental note to send an e-mail to Julian, Albert and the others and tell them how great he thought the new material was.

He sat up, reached for another beer from the cooler and thought, "This is the life."

Guy woke up when little drops of rain began to splatter on the deck and on his face.

He took off his sunglasses and looked around.

The sky was almost pitch black.

There was no land in sight.

The wind was picking up fast.

The little sailboat was starting to sway in the heavy waves.

Just then a forked bolt of lightning flashed across the sky.

"Shit," he said, jumping up and heading into the tiny cabin.

He quickly pulled on shorts and a t-shirt.

Then he checked the helm.

The boat had drifted way off course.

Guy had no idea where he was.

"I had the anchor down," he thought, "How did that happen?"

He turned to the radio.

But he could tell as soon as he picked up the transmitter that the radio was dead.

"What now?" he asked.

Sailing

Chapter 2

Guy quickly crossed the deck and brought down the sails carefully.

He couldn't fold them properly and store them in the locker with so much wind blowing.

He just bunched them together as neatly as possible and took them into the little cabin.

Those sails might be all that got him back to the port once the storm was over.

He needed to keep them safe.

Guy looked out the tiny window.

The rain was falling in sheets now.

The sky had gone from black to a leaden grey.

"Damn," he thought, "I should have listened to Will about those squalls."

He wasn't particularly worried.

He had been caught out at sea like this before.

True, this was the first time he had been caught alone.

At least this time it was in the warm waters of the South Pacific and not the freezing waters of the North Sea.

He and his brother had almost froze to death on that little excursion.

Guy looked for the cooler of sandwiches that he had bought from the seaside deli.

He was starting to get hungry and now was as good a time as any to have a snack.

He checked through the labels on the sandwiches until he found one that said "Ham and cheese."

The ham was thick and salty.

"I will never understand how Chris doesn't eat meat," he mused as he stared out the window at the rain.

Just then he felt a large gust of wind rock the tiny boat.

He checked the anerometer.

It read 65 miles per hour.

"That can't be right," he thought, leaning across the instrument panel to check the barometer.

It read 27.90 inches.

Guy frowned and tapped the instrument but the mercury didn't move.

"That certainly isn't right," he told himself, "Category 5 hurricanes don't have pressure that low. Besides the pressure can't be that low unless the wind is much higher."

He decided that some of the instruments must be non-functioning.

He just didn't know which ones were right and which ones were wrong.

Guy finished his sandwich.

The rain and surf were still rocking the boat heavily.

"This should make it easy to sleep," he thought, stretching across the only chair in the tiny cabin, "When the sun comes up, I'll see where I am. Until then, I'll just nap."

He was asleep in minutes.

Here's one more for today.

Then I will leave the board for others to put up new chapters.

Hear that Kyra, Brooke, EverybodyLies(I don't know your name), etc.

Sailing

Chapter 3

The first thing Guy noticed when he woke up was the complete lack of noise.

Then as he sat up, he noticed the complete lack of movement of the boat.

He looked out the tiny window and saw a brilliant sunshine.

He made his way out of the cabin and onto the deck.

The little sailboat was lying on its side on a sandy beach.

Guy hopped down onto the sand and quickly examined the hull of the boat.

There was no damage, not even a scratch.

He breathed a deep sigh of relief at that.

Guy walked a few hundred yards in each direction.

The little island appeared to be deserted.

He noted a few coconut and banana trees that were full of fruit.

"At least I won't starve to death," he thought to himself.

Fresh water was another concern and he knew that he would have to look for a stream sooner or later.

Coconut milk could sustain him for awhile, but that didn't seemed particularly enticing to Guy.

He would much prefer water.

He walked back to the little boat and began scouring the area for some dry driftwood.

Guy knew that a fire would be the best way to attract attention if anyone was searching for him.

His only problem turned out to be that he had no matches.

This struck him as extremely funny since he was a smoker.

However, he couldn't find his lighter anywhere either.

He was bent over trying to rub two sticks together when a voice said, "Would this help?"

For a moment Guy thought he had become delusional.

But he turned to see a pretty young woman handing him his very own lighter.

"Where did you get this?" he asked.

"I found it down the beach," she told him.

"So, I'm not lost?" he asked, "This is a populated island?"

She shrugged.

"If you call one person a population," she answered.

He seemed confused.

"You are the only one here?" he asked.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Would you like something to eat?" she asked, "You must be starved."

"Yes," he told her, realizing that he was hungry.

"Come with me," she said, " I have a little place just over there beyond those trees."

Guy still thought he might be imagining her.

He gave himself a little pinch on the arm, but she didn't disappear.

As promised :nice:...

A Warning Sign

Chapter Twelve

May – London: April POV

It seemed the rain was following me on my journey east, first delaying my flight at LAX and then flooding the streets of Manhattan.

I stopped by my apartment to drop off my luggage, only needing to bring a small carry-on to London. My mailbox was jammed full with bills and useless catalogs. I made sure to tend to the bills immediately; I had an early plane to catch at JFK in the morning.

When I stepped into the cab after my flight landed at Heathrow, I still couldn’t escape the wet weather, the rain was coming down in droves and I still had to stop at the market before heading home to start dinner.

I had arrived a day earlier than planned due to a creative burst of enthusiasm in the writer’s room that had allowed us to tie up all the loose ends and finally finish the season.

I told Jonny to try to be home at 7pm but didn’t tell him any other details about my special dinner, wanting it to be a surprise.

After finally stocking up on everything I need to make dinner I cross the threshold of the cozy Camden flat for the first time in almost two months and it truly is a sight for sore eyes.

The place isn’t as tidy as it normally might have been but it feels like home and the driving rain makes it that much more pleasant and inviting inside.

I set down the groceries and place the strawberries in the refrigerator so that they won’t spoil, grinning slightly and shaking my head at the small pile of dirty plates accumulating in the sink when I know that the dishwasher is probably empty and waiting.

A laugh escapes when I open the drawer to find that I’m right. I place the dirty dishes inside and make my way to the bedroom to change, throwing on something comfortable after the long journey and head back to the kitchen to start dinner.

Rolling up my sleeves, I set out to make the sauce first, figuring I could let it slow simmer while I hand rolled the pasta.

I’ve finished setting the table and am uncorking the bottle of wine just as the clock reads 7:02pm.

It’s nearing 8:30 and I’m straightening out my outfit for what seems like the millionth time. I tell myself they must just be running late with their work, staring anxiously out the rain-spattered window panes for any sign of Jonny but there’s nothing.

By 10:30 I’d already called and left voicemails on Jonny, Guy and Will’s cell phones and that was after I had rang the Bakery with no answer. They certainly weren’t still there and I was really starting to worry.

My cell phone rings and I answer it immediately without even checking who is calling.

“April, it’s Guy. I just wanted to let you know that Jonny’s with me and not to worry. We’re getting on the train and should be home around 1am at the latest.”

Train? Jonny didn’t need to take a train to the Bakery. He had left his car in the driveway so that meant he had taken the bus to work…

Guy doesn’t give me time to ask any questions, “I’ve gotta go, we’re boarding now.” And with a click he was gone.

I spend the next two hours cleaning up dinner and pacing the carpet in front of the front door, the thunder pounding heavily as the storm shows no signs of letting up.

The power goes out and I nearly jump out of my skin when it happens, drowning in the sudden darkness. I feel around blindly for the drawer with the matches and go from room to room lighting candles. I’m almost thankful for the sheer fact that it gives me something to focus on for a few minutes instead of the constant pacing.

Finally I spot Guy’s headlights on the driveway and a sense of relief flows through me. I open the door and can see through the sheeting rain that Guy is supporting Jonny as he helps him from the car. Jonny stumbles up the path as Guy clutches the back of his shirt to steady him.

“What the hell happened?” I ask, quickly making my way onto the path to help Guy get Jonny inside.

Jonny places his arm around my shoulder, leaning his weight against me, nearly knocking me over.

“Easy there Jon, stand up straight.” Guy yells, jerking Jonny towards him so that he’s bearing most of his weight.

“He’s pissed, had too much drink but he’ll be fine. Just get him in bed” Guy says once we’re through the door, the three of us utterly soaked from the relentless rain.

“What happened, Guy?” I ask him again after Jonny is situated on the couch in the living room.

“He ran off in a huff during lunch and when he didn’t come back I went looking for him…” he pauses and glances over my shoulder at Jonny before lowering his voice and continuing.

“He was at a pub in Bristol and the barman was threatening to call the police if I didn’t go pick him up.”

I nearly gasp aloud at his statement. Bristol was almost a two-hour train ride from the center of London, what the hell was Jonny doing all the way out there?

“Shit….” I mutter, shaking my head, at a total loss for words.

“I’m really sorry about this, Guy, you really didn’t have to do what you did…” I don’t know what to say to him, I’m embarrassed by what the evening has become. Why the hell had Jonny started acting like such a child?

“Don’t mention it, he’s just going through a really hard time right now. I know he’d do the same for me.”

“Are you hungry or anything? Do you want to dry off and have something to eat?” I realize after asking that the food is definitely cold and I’d have no way to reheat it with the power out but he declines anyway.

“No, it’s okay, I think it’s best if I just head home.” He runs a hand through his sopping hair and nods towards the door.

He tells me goodnight and gives a quick wave before taking off.

When the door closes I stand there for a moment thinking; playing back the words that Guy had said before leaving.

"He’s just going through a really hard time right now".

What could have possibly happened in these past few weeks? More importantly why hadn’t Jonny thought he could tell me about it?

I stare down at my thoroughly soaked clothes, and decide that both Jonny and I are going to need to change into something dry.

When I get back to the living room he’s sitting up and staring blankly into the dark, the lowlight sends long, distorted shadows across the room making him look almost sinister.

“Jon,” I run a towel through his hair and down his face trying to dry off the rain.

“Come on, let’s get you dried off. Can you stand?” I hand him the towel and he groans as he takes it from me, muttering something about having to be sick.

With Jonny leaning on me most of the way we slowly but surely make it to the bathroom.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He’s slurring half the words and his face is wet again only this time not from the rain.

“What’s going on with you?” I ask faintly, not sure if I really want the truth.

I wrap the towel around his shoulders as he stands there shivering and damp and continuing to apologize.

“Please, April…” He places his hand on my chin and forces me to look him in the eye. His green eyes are red and glassy and shining with tears, I can smell the alcohol on his breath. A horrible feeling is growing in the pit of my stomach and my heart breaks from the sight of him.

He looks so vulnerable, so lost. He doesn't seem like himself.

I pull his hand away from my cheek and tell him to wait there so that I can get him a change of clothes.

In the bedroom I change into something dry and pull a pair of sweatpants and a clean t-shirt from his side of the closet.

When I get back to the bathroom he’s on his knees in front of the toilet, flushing its contents and wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

I hand him his clothes and he somehow manages to dress himself, only needing help when his arm gets tangled in the sleeve of his shirt.

“How the fuck did I let this happen?” he slurs and sinks down until he’s sitting on the floor and rests his back against the bathtub.

I sit next to him, our shoulders touching and he props his elbows on his bent knees, putting his head in his hands with a moan.

Suddenly he lifts his head to look at me and the faint light from the candles on the sink reflect in his glassy eyes.

We stare at each other for what seems like ages, his eyes squinting to focus on me through in his intoxicated state. I haven’t seen him in a few weeks but he looks thinner somehow…drained.

He rummages through the pocket of his wet jeans that are rumpled into a pile on the floor before finding what he’s looking for.

Leaning back against the tub he holds the object between his fingertips. Even in the muted light of the bathroom I can see it glistening. It’s the ring that I had found buried in his bag in the hotel room in Perth.

His fingers are warm when they brush mine and he slips the ring onto my left hand; it fits perfectly but I can’t help but feel sick to my stomach.

“Will you marry me?” he takes one of my hands in his own and holds it to his cheek before kissing my palm.

“Is this really the way you want to ask me?” I feel like adding something harsher but I don’t, his helplessness disarming me.

“Just promise that you’ll marry me. Spend forever with me” he brings his face close and touches our noses together, pausing. Then he brushes his lips against mine and I give in for a moment, kissing him before turning away.

He lets out a weary sigh and I can’t help but feel angry at him for choosing to ask me like this. He’s drunk off his ass and had been completely reckless tonight. Why did he have to choose now to ask me the question I had been waiting so long to hear?

“Jonny, I’m not going to answer you when we both know you’re drunk”

“So you’re saying no?” he pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“I can't say yes, not like this,” I breath. I never would have thought that I’d ever be saying those words to him.

“I can’t lose you and I feel like I’m losing you, it's absolutely terrifying.” He rambles as he lays his head down on my shoulder

“You’re not losing me,” I whisper and allow him to bury his face against the curve of my neck.

I stroke his cheek and then run a hand through his soft curls and along back of his neck, trying to comfort him. I feel my own tears falling quietly as I hug his body against me.

Things feel so uncertain, like standing on the edge of cliff with a vast canyon below, staring blindly into the seemingly bottomless pit and praying not to fall.

I curse myself silently for not listening to him when he said he didn’t want me to go to LA. It had only done to hurt our relationship.

“I think I’m going to be sick again.” I hear him say in a muffled voice and I help him lean against the toilet as his shoulders twitch uncontrollably. I wet a washcloth with cold water and place it on the back of his neck to cool him down before wiping his mouth with it.

“Forgive me” his voice is weak and I shush him, telling him whatever it is, not to worry about it now.

He closes the lid to the toilet and presses his cheek against it, pale and quivering. His face is long from apparent lack of sleep and the alcohol currently wreaking havoc on his system makes him look frail and childlike. It was strange to see him in this state. He had always been the strong one.

Emotionally Jonny was a rock, he never wavered and his optimism was infectious to everyone around him. He was the one thing in my life that had remained a constant in the past five years of knowing him even while he and the band skyrocketed to new heights Jonny's feet stayed firmly on ground.

Sometimes he seemed to be the only thing holding me together, but now, when he was the one falling to pieces, I felt completely useless.

“Do you want to try and lie down in our room?” I ask him

“I - I can’t get up,” he says softly.

“That’s okay love, we don’t have to move. Just lie down right here.” I pull a folded bath towel from the linen cabinet and sitting on the floor, place it in my lap to create a makeshift pillow.

“Here” I pat the towel and he moves closer to me until his head is resting in my lap.

He reaches his arm towards me grasping for something and I’m not sure what it is until I feel the warmth of his hand in mine. I weave my fingers with his and squeeze tightly and he gives a squeeze back.

He whispers what sounds like “I’m sorry” before he closes his eyes.

I rub my hand in slow, soothing circles on his chest trying to calm his shaky breathing. Soon his breathing shallows and I can tell he’s drifted into sleep.

Sleep doesn’t come as easily for me, my mind is on overdrive trying to interpret what the hell is going on. It feels like hours later when I finally lean my head against the linen cabinet and manage to nod off.

Violent Waters

Chapter 14

I know this chapter is rather short, but the next one would have been too long if they were together. :P

The next morning, I was awakened by the sound of the phone ringing. I reached out and blindly grabbed the receiver on my bedside table. “H-Hello?”

“Hey...it’s Will.”

“Oh. What's up?”

“I need my key back,” he said. His voice sounded pained; probably because of a hangover.

“Oh, yeah...um...you can’t really come and get it, can you?”

“No, not really. My car’s still parked by the Bakery.”

“Doesn’t your Trouble 'n Strife have an extra one?”

“My what...? Oh, my wife!" he paused to chuckle. "She lost it. Why don’t you bring them over?”

I groaned in frustration and hung up, then proceeded to rummage through my drawers to find clothes. I didn’t bother taking a shower, because I didn’t want to keep Will waiting.

The drive to his place was pretty short, and since it was still rather early, not many cars were around. I ended up parking in his spot, since he wasn’t using it anyway. Then I dragged myself to the elevator and pressed the button ten or eleven times. I could have just used the stairs, but I was too tired. Finally, I found myself outside his door. I rang the doorbell and took a step back, crossing my arms.

“Hi,” said Will quietly, opening the door and beckoning me in.

“Here you go,” I said bluntly, holding out his key. “I brought Jonny’s along too...d’you know where he is?”

“Thanks,” muttered Will. “Look, I’m sorry about last night.”

I shrugged uncomfortably. “You didn’t do anything.”

“Yeah, but...you weren’t planning on telling me, were you?”

“No, I wasn’t.”

“Jonny explained everything.”

“I’m sure he did.”

“He didn’t mean to tell me, you know. It just slipped out; he was drunk...”

“I know, alright? Please, drop it.” I must have raised my voice a bit, because Will winced and rubbed his head. “Sorry.”

“Man, I’m not going to lecture you...I’m sure you’ve already gotten that from Jon. And since you’re taking care of it, I don’t really have much to say. I just want you to know that I’m here if you want to talk. And that I’m really proud of you.” I frowned and narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

“You’re proud of me?” I asked skeptically.

“It takes a lot of strength to go through what you did. And it takes even more to get clean and get help. So yeah, I’m fuckin’ proud of you.”

I scratched at the bridge of my nose, using my hand to cover my face. “Oh. Well, um...okay.” My skin tingled with an odd mixture of shame and happiness.

“Jonny’s at home...if you want to give his key back.”

I nodded, tenderly refusing his offer to walk me downstairs. “See you.”

“See you,” he said, flashing a small smile.

Stuck Here

Part 7

"Listen, if you two can't keep your tongues to yourselves, then you can just get the hell out of my flat," Will shouted. He, Chris, Jonny, and Guy were sitting in the living room of Will's apartment. Chris was sitting in Jonny's lap, and they were intensely making out. Neither of them heard Will.

"This is our fault, you know," Guy said, shaking his head. "We just had to get them together. At least they're not complaining about their feelings now."

"I'd rather have to listen to Jonny bitch about it than sit here and watch them try to eat each other's faces. Here, hand me that," Will said, pointing to an object on the floor.

"The shoe?" Guy asked.

"No, the rug. Yes, the freaking shoe!" Guy did as Will told him, and Will took the shoe and chucked it at Chris. "OI, HAVE SOME DECENCY!"

The shoe collided with Chris' shoulder, causing him to pull away from Jonny and look over at Will.

"OW! What was that for?"

"What do you think it was for? Look at you two!"

"Yeah, Will and I are trying to have a conversation over here, and you two are sexing it up on the couch!"

"Oh, God, I hope they're not sexing it up on my couch," Will said, horrified. "That's where I eat dinner."

"Maybe you should get a kitchen table," Chris said.

"Maybe you should get a room," Will retorted. Chris turned to Jonny and wiggled his eyebrows. "One that is NOT in my flat, thank you," Will added.

"He's got a point you know," Jonny said. "It's kinda rude for us to be making out like that in front of them."

"They can handle it. Or, if they can't, they've obviously got shoes to throw," Chris said, rubbing his upper arm.

"Well, yeah, but... I mean," Jonny lowered his voice to a whisper, "there are plenty of empty rooms at my place."

"Jonny, that's dirty!! ... I love it," Chris smiled. He stood up off Jonny's lap and grabbed Jonny's hand. "Um... we're gonna go now. Bye!"

He and Jonny left, leaving Will and Guy to converse in peace. Unfortunately, they were both too disgusted to continue their earlier talk.

"Ugh, I'm gonna have nightmares now," Will said. "Why'd you have to say they were sexing it up??"

"I thought... well, I didn't mean for it to offend you or anything."

"I have no problem with them being together. If they're happy, it's all good. But that doesn't mean that I need to see them... 'be happy' together. Or think about it."

"Then don't think about it," Guy snapped.

"Do you want to make friends with the shoe, too?" Will threatened.

"Will... I think I finally understand why people think you're the mean one."

The next thing Guy knew, he and the shoe were very good friends indeed.

FIN.

As promised :nice:...

A Warning Sign

Chapter Twelve

May – London: April POV

It seemed the rain was following me on my journey east, first delaying my flight at LAX and then flooding the streets of Manhattan.

I stopped by my apartment to drop off my luggage, only needing to bring a small carry-on to London. My mailbox was jammed full with bills and useless catalogs. I made sure to tend to the bills immediately; I had an early plane to catch at JFK in the morning.

When I stepped into the cab after my flight landed at Heathrow, I still couldn’t escape the wet weather, the rain was coming down in droves and I still had to stop at the market before heading home to start dinner.

I had arrived a day earlier than planned due to a creative burst of enthusiasm in the writer’s room that had allowed us to tie up all the loose ends and finally finish the season.

I told Jonny to try to be home at 7pm but didn’t tell him any other details about my special dinner, wanting it to be a surprise.

After finally stocking up on everything I need to make dinner I cross the threshold of the cozy Camden flat for the first time in almost two months and it truly is a sight for sore eyes.

The place isn’t as tidy as it normally might have been but it feels like home and the driving rain makes it that much more pleasant and inviting inside.

I set down the groceries and place the strawberries in the refrigerator so that they won’t spoil, grinning slightly and shaking my head at the small pile of dirty plates accumulating in the sink when I know that the dishwasher is probably empty and waiting.

A laugh escapes when I open the drawer to find that I’m right. I place the dirty dishes inside and make my way to the bedroom to change, throwing on something comfortable after the long journey and head back to the kitchen to start dinner.

Rolling up my sleeves, I set out to make the sauce first, figuring I could let it slow simmer while I hand rolled the pasta.

I’ve finished setting the table and am uncorking the bottle of wine just as the clock reads 7:02pm.

It’s nearing 8:30 and I’m straightening out my outfit for what seems like the millionth time. I tell myself they must just be running late with their work, staring anxiously out the rain-spattered window panes for any sign of Jonny but there’s nothing.

By 10:30 I’d already called and left voicemails on Jonny, Guy and Will’s cell phones and that was after I had rang the Bakery with no answer. They certainly weren’t still there and I was really starting to worry.

My cell phone rings and I answer it immediately without even checking who is calling.

“April, it’s Guy. I just wanted to let you know that Jonny’s with me and not to worry. We’re getting on the train and should be home around 1am at the latest.”

Train? Jonny didn’t need to take a train to the Bakery. He had left his car in the driveway so that meant he had taken the bus to work…

Guy doesn’t give me time to ask any questions, “I’ve gotta go, we’re boarding now.” And with a click he was gone.

I spend the next two hours cleaning up dinner and pacing the carpet in front of the front door, the thunder pounding heavily as the storm shows no signs of letting up.

The power goes out and I nearly jump out of my skin when it happens, drowning in the sudden darkness. I feel around blindly for the drawer with the matches and go from room to room lighting candles. I’m almost thankful for the sheer fact that it gives me something to focus on for a few minutes instead of the constant pacing.

Finally I spot Guy’s headlights on the driveway and a sense of relief flows through me. I open the door and can see through the sheeting rain that Guy is supporting Jonny as he helps him from the car. Jonny stumbles up the path as Guy clutches the back of his shirt to steady him.

“What the hell happened?” I ask, quickly making my way onto the path to help Guy get Jonny inside.

Jonny places his arm around my shoulder, leaning his weight against me, nearly knocking me over.

“Easy there Jon, stand up straight.” Guy yells, jerking Jonny towards him so that he’s bearing most of his weight.

“He’s pissed, had too much drink but he’ll be fine. Just get him in bed” Guy says once we’re through the door, the three of us utterly soaked from the relentless rain.

“What happened, Guy?” I ask him again after Jonny is situated on the couch in the living room.

“He ran off in a huff during lunch and when he didn’t come back I went looking for him…” he pauses and glances over my shoulder at Jonny before lowering his voice and continuing.

“He was at a pub in Bristol and the barman was threatening to call the police if I didn’t go pick him up.”

I nearly gasp aloud at his statement. Bristol was almost a two-hour train ride from the center of London, what the hell was Jonny doing all the way out there?

“Shit….” I mutter, shaking my head, at a total loss for words.

“I’m really sorry about this, Guy, you really didn’t have to do what you did…” I don’t know what to say to him, I’m embarrassed by what the evening has become. Why the hell had Jonny started acting like such a child?

“Don’t mention it, he’s just going through a really hard time right now. I know he’d do the same for me.”

“Are you hungry or anything? Do you want to dry off and have something to eat?” I realize after asking that the food is definitely cold and I’d have no way to reheat it with the power out but he declines anyway.

“No, it’s okay, I think it’s best if I just head home.” He runs a hand through his sopping hair and nods towards the door.

He tells me goodnight and gives a quick wave before taking off.

When the door closes I stand there for a moment thinking; playing back the words that Guy had said before leaving.

"He’s just going through a really hard time right now".

What could have possibly happened in these past few weeks? More importantly why hadn’t Jonny thought he could tell me about it?

I stare down at my thoroughly soaked clothes, and decide that both Jonny and I are going to need to change into something dry.

When I get back to the living room he’s sitting up and staring blankly into the dark, the lowlight sends long, distorted shadows across the room making him look almost sinister.

“Jon,” I run a towel through his hair and down his face trying to dry off the rain.

“Come on, let’s get you dried off. Can you stand?” I hand him the towel and he groans as he takes it from me, muttering something about having to be sick.

With Jonny leaning on me most of the way we slowly but surely make it to the bathroom.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.” He’s slurring half the words and his face is wet again only this time not from the rain.

“What’s going on with you?” I ask faintly, not sure if I really want the truth.

I wrap the towel around his shoulders as he stands there shivering and damp and continuing to apologize.

“Please, April…” He places his hand on my chin and forces me to look him in the eye. His green eyes are red and glassy and shining with tears, I can smell the alcohol on his breath. A horrible feeling is growing in the pit of my stomach and my heart breaks from the sight of him.

He looks so vulnerable, so lost. He doesn't seem like himself.

I pull his hand away from my cheek and tell him to wait there so that I can get him a change of clothes.

In the bedroom I change into something dry and pull a pair of sweatpants and a clean t-shirt from his side of the closet.

When I get back to the bathroom he’s on his knees in front of the toilet, flushing its contents and wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

I hand him his clothes and he somehow manages to dress himself, only needing help when his arm gets tangled in the sleeve of his shirt.

“How the fuck did I let this happen?” he slurs and sinks down until he’s sitting on the floor and rests his back against the bathtub.

I sit next to him, our shoulders touching and he props his elbows on his bent knees, putting his head in his hands with a moan.

Suddenly he lifts his head to look at me and the faint light from the candles on the sink reflect in his glassy eyes.

We stare at each other for what seems like ages, his eyes squinting to focus on me through in his intoxicated state. I haven’t seen him in a few weeks but he looks thinner somehow…drained.

He rummages through the pocket of his wet jeans that are rumpled into a pile on the floor before finding what he’s looking for.

Leaning back against the tub he holds the object between his fingertips. Even in the muted light of the bathroom I can see it glistening. It’s the ring that I had found buried in his bag in the hotel room in Perth.

His fingers are warm when they brush mine and he slips the ring onto my left hand; it fits perfectly but I can’t help but feel sick to my stomach.

“Will you marry me?” he takes one of my hands in his own and holds it to his cheek before kissing my palm.

“Is this really the way you want to ask me?” I feel like adding something harsher but I don’t, his helplessness disarming me.

“Just promise that you’ll marry me. Spend forever with me” he brings his face close and touches our noses together, pausing. Then he brushes his lips against mine and I give in for a moment, kissing him before turning away.

He lets out a weary sigh and I can’t help but feel angry at him for choosing to ask me like this. He’s drunk off his ass and had been completely reckless tonight. Why did he have to choose now to ask me the question I had been waiting so long to hear?

“Jonny, I’m not going to answer you when we both know you’re drunk”

“So you’re saying no?” he pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“I can't say yes, not like this,” I breath. I never would have thought that I’d ever be saying those words to him.

“I can’t lose you and I feel like I’m losing you, it's absolutely terrifying.” He rambles as he lays his head down on my shoulder

“You’re not losing me,” I whisper and allow him to bury his face against the curve of my neck.

I stroke his cheek and then run a hand through his soft curls and along back of his neck, trying to comfort him. I feel my own tears falling quietly as I hug his body against me.

Things feel so uncertain, like standing on the edge of cliff with a vast canyon below, staring blindly into the seemingly bottomless pit and praying not to fall.

I curse myself silently for not listening to him when he said he didn’t want me to go to LA. It had only done to hurt our relationship.

“I think I’m going to be sick again.” I hear him say in a muffled voice and I help him lean against the toilet as his shoulders twitch uncontrollably. I wet a washcloth with cold water and place it on the back of his neck to cool him down before wiping his mouth with it.

“Forgive me” his voice is weak and I shush him, telling him whatever it is, not to worry about it now.

He closes the lid to the toilet and presses his cheek against it, pale and quivering. His face is long from apparent lack of sleep and the alcohol currently wreaking havoc on his system makes him look frail and childlike. It was strange to see him in this state. He had always been the strong one.

Emotionally Jonny was a rock, he never wavered and his optimism was infectious to everyone around him. He was the one thing in my life that had remained a constant in the past five years of knowing him even while he and the band skyrocketed to new heights Jonny's feet stayed firmly on ground.

Sometimes he seemed to be the only thing holding me together, but now, when he was the one falling to pieces, I felt completely useless.

“Do you want to try and lie down in our room?” I ask him

“I - I can’t get up,” he says softly.

“That’s okay love, we don’t have to move. Just lie down right here.” I pull a folded bath towel from the linen cabinet and sitting on the floor, place it in my lap to create a makeshift pillow.

“Here” I pat the towel and he moves closer to me until his head is resting in my lap.

He reaches his arm towards me grasping for something and I’m not sure what it is until I feel the warmth of his hand in mine. I weave my fingers with his and squeeze tightly and he gives a squeeze back.

He whispers what sounds like “I’m sorry” before he closes his eyes.

I rub my hand in slow, soothing circles on his chest trying to calm his shaky breathing. Soon his breathing shallows and I can tell he’s drifted into sleep.

Sleep doesn’t come as easily for me, my mind is on overdrive trying to interpret what the hell is going on. It feels like hours later when I finally lean my head against the linen cabinet and manage to nod off.

Absolutely adored it! But is he ever going to tell her that he had cheated?

Some Kind Of Ghost

Chapter 10

Guy's PoV

Almost as soon as my lips touched Chris's he pulled away. He looked at me in utter disbelief and anger. He got off the couch and backed away, suddenly a sense of total dread filled my body, I felt sick and heartbroken. I missed my chance. Or maybe I never had one.

"You really need to make up your mind Guy." Said Chris bitterly.

"I know I'm sorry."

"I don't like being jerked around. Its not fair." I looked down at my hands, I couldn't look him in the eyes. My cheeks were red with shame. and embarrassment.

"I'm sorry Chris. I don't want to jerk you around." I apologized lamely.

"Then why did you kiss me and tell me you love me? Was it out of pity?" He growled.

"No, no!" I struggled with my words. "I meant it. I love you. I really, honestly do. I fought with my feelings for a long time and I am tired of fighting them." I continued to look at my hands.

"Then why did you run away from me?"

"Because I am an idiot. Haven't you noticed?" Chris sat back down on the couch, next to me and took my hands in his.

"You are not an idiot. I am just confused, you say you love me. But do you want me?" My head snapped up, and looked in his eyes. He looked so sad and lost.

“Of course I want you!” I paused, feeling insecure again. “I would understand if you didn’t want me. I caused you too much pain already.” I looked down again.

“Listen Guy.” He grabbed my face and made me look at him. “I love you and want you more than anything. That fact will never change!” He slowly brought my face closer to his, are lips started to move in sync. He kissed me so passionately I could die of happiness right here. My hands made their way up his neck and curled in his hair. After several moments, he finally pulled away.

“You know, you shouldn’t be so self-loathing. You are much too handsome.” He said smiling. I chuckled lightly.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Chris moved off the couch, stood up and held out his hand.

“Shall we?” I took his hand and let him lead me to the bedroom. I had butterflies in the very pit of my stomach and I could feel my heart beat in my ears. He turned around and stripped down to his boxers. “Are you okay?” My heart was beating impossibly fast. I reached out and put my hand on his chest and looked into his eyes.

“Never been better.” He bent down to kiss me while helping me out of my clothes.

I think there will just be an epilogue after this.

Sorry its short. But you should be use to that by now. :P

For You(Part 2)

*Nicoles PoV*

The next thing I knew, we were watching Cloverfield. It creeped me out a little, it didn't really scare me however.

Before we knew it, Guy and Will were drunk, Phil, Jonny, and Chris hadn't drank that much though. It made it a little more awkward to be sitting on the couch between them. The fact that Guy's arm was around made me feel more comfortable than I wished to be with him. I wanted to be with him, but I had a feeling there was someone else for me.

I couldn't withstand the gory scenes in the movie; they just sent me shivers. When those scenes came I could feel Guy's hand hold mine, on top of the one around my waist.

"Do you want another beer?" Guy asked me as he held a bottle in his hand.

"No thanks," I told him. "I've already had a few and I'm not usually the one that gets all... you know, drunk?"

"Alright," he said wth a grin as he wrapped his arms around me again. "Are you sure?"

I laughed, "Alright, I will." I sighed. He smiled and I took the beer out of his hand and took a sip. It was stronger than I expected it to be.

"Your going to get drunk?" He asked cheerfully.

"I'm not drinking that much!" I laughed at the thought of me being drunk with Guy.

Soon enough I felt more than tired and I could barely keep my eyes open. I looked at Guy who was still wide awake, but he didn't have his arm around me. I slowly leaned back on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

I Looked Up at the Sky

Part 1

Chris was laying down in the grass, looking up at the clouds slowly drifting through the sky. Everything was quiet and peaceful. The sun was shining bright and the sky was the most magnificent shade of blue. He could not have hoped for a nicer day to spend by himself. But he didn't want to spend it by himself.

He wanted to be able to share such an experience with someone he felt close to. To just lay in the grass and bask in the comfort the warm weather provided. Maybe even talk a little about silly things like how beautiful the sky would be when the sun sets. He closed his eyes and imagined how wonderful such a thing would be.

He'd be laying, just as he was now, admiring the clouds and their amusing shapes. The person he was with would be laying right next to him, so close that their bodies were touching. And of course, this person would be Jonny, because there was no other person in the world that Chris felt closer to. A spark of electricity would be flowing between them, and the ridiculous smile plastered on Chris' face would be a result of that, not of the amusingly-shaped clouds as Jonny assumed. At least, that's the way it was the last time they'd seen each other.

It was something that they did often on their days off. It was relaxing, and a lovely escape from the pressures of the music world. No critics to worry about, no paparazzi to worry about, no deadlines to worry about. Just clouds, grass, and sun. And each other.

As relaxing as the days were, they began to take a toll on Chris. Slowly but surely, he fell in love with Jonny. How could he not? Jonny was everything that Chris wasn't- perfection. At first he thought his emotions were the result of a desire to be Jonny, to be what he considered perfect, but he soon realised that it was a desire to be with Jonny. And that desire drove him crazy.

All the days they spent together, all the seemingly harmless cheek kissing, all the "friendly flirting", all the secrets they shared- it all got to him. He was extremely grateful to have such a fantastic friend, but he wanted more. Jonny, on the other hand, would surely not want more. And why would he? Chris was nothing compared to Jonny, and Jonny deserved so much more. Plus, the fact that they were both guys was a bit of a problem.

So naturally, Jonny left to visit his parents for a few days without knowing just how much Chris would miss his presence. He didn't know that Chris would continue their ritual, just because it reminded him of Jonny, and lay in the grass, thinking of him. There was another side of the story, though; a side that Chris knew nothing about. He laid in the grass, staring at the sky, without knowing just how much Jonny missed his presence. Because somewhere in the English countryside, in the backyard of his parent's house, Jonny was laying in the grass, thinking of his best friend.