✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2||CUZ WE IZ COOL

iPsy

Sailing

Chapter 4

Guy followed the girl through the dense jungle to a small clearing.

In the middle of the clearing was a small hut made of bamboo stalks with banana leaves serving as a roof.

The jungle canopy protected the tiny structure from wind and rain.

"How long have you been here?" Guy asked.

"A little while," she said.

"How did you get here?" he asked.

"Full of questions aren't you?" she said, smiling.

"Eat this," she told him, handing him a banana leaf with an array of different seafood on it.

"Shrimp, scallops, wow...." he said, accepting the food from her.

"I'm sorry I don't have any crab," she said, "I was planning to go hunting for them tonight."

"No," he told her, "This is fantastic."

"Would you like some water?" she asked.

"Very much," he told her.

She dipped a small bamboo cup into a large bucket and filled it with water.

Guy drank it all in one swallow.

"I don't suppose you have a radio?" he asked her.

"No," she said, shaking her head.

"Flares?" he asked.

Again she shook her head.

"I didn't think so or you would have used them yourself."

"Not necessarily," she said, "I like it here."

Guy looked around.

"It is a beautiful place," he said, "And what is that lovely smell?"

"That's the flowers of the plumeria shrub. They are often used in Hawaii to make leis."

"It's intoxicating," Guy said.

He finished the seafood and thanked her again.

"I suppose I should get back to the boat and see what I can do about finding a way back to civilization," he told her.

"I still need to start that signal fire."

"Will someone look for you?" she asked.

"I hope so," Guy said, laughing as he thought about the other three going about their own business and not even missing him.

"Do you need help?" she asked.

Guy knew he didn't need any help but he wasn't about to discourage a pretty young woman from spending time with him.

"Sure," he said, "Come on."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For You (Part 3)

*Nicole's PoV*

"Wake up, love." I heard a soft voice say as a hand shook my shoulder.

I looked around but nothing came in clearly, "Guy?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes, discovering I was on the couch in Chris's living room.

"No, it's Phil." I looked up at him and I could see clearly again. I looked over at the clock; it was almost midnight, "I'm going to take you and Will home. Jonny's taking Guy home right now."

"Oh" I said as I sat up and moved to the end of the couch, where Will was curled up like a dog, sleeping. "He's so cute when he's sleepng." I said quietly to myself as I rubbed his back.

"Aw, do you love Will, too, Nicky?" Chris jumped onto the couch next to me.

"Too?" I asked.

"Don't you love Guy?" He asked.

"What, he's just a friend," I laughed, "I think he was only playing with me last night."

"Oh, okay." Chris paused and looked down; maybe he didn't agree. "Then do you like Will?"

I laughed, "Just friends,"

"Oh that's too bad," Chris said. "I think you and Will would be a great couple, but if you don't like him that way, then that's okay."

"Hey, Will," I shook his shoulder, just as Phil had done to me, "Phil's going to take us home."

He slowly sat up next to me, and rubbed his eyes' he looked tired as hell, "I fell asleep, huh?" he asked me, giggling.

"Yeah, I did to, but you fell asleep only a few mnutes ago." I laughed, "Let's go see Phil, he said he would take us home." I told him as I grabbed his hand and helped him up off the couch.

SInce this one was short, I'll post another today :rolleyes:

Sailing

Chapter 5

"What's your name?" Guy asked the girl, "My name is Guy."

She frowned.

"What kind of name is that?" she asked.

"I don't know," he said, "It's just the one I've always had."

"Okay, then my name is Girl," she said.

"Don't be so mean," he told her.

"I thought you were joking," she said, "That really is your name?"

"Yes," he said, throwing some small wood on the growing fire.

"My name is Lily," she said.

"That's beautiful," he told her.

"Do you live near here?" she asked.

Guy frowned.

"Where exactly is here?" he asked, "Anyway, no...I live very far from here. I was just on a little day trip on this boat."

"Oh," she said, "That's too bad."

"Why?" he asked.

She didn't answer, but looked out toward the sea.

"I'm going to look for crabs now," she said, turning to walk away.

"I could come with you," Guy told her.

She looked at him for a moment as if she was thinking some deep mysterious thoughts.

Then she smiled.

"No, that's fine," she said.

"You are coming back, right?" he asked.

"Oh yes," she said.

Guy didn't hear her walk up behind him.

"I'm back," she said.

"Good catch?" he asked.

"Yes," she told him.

"It's kind of scary out here at night," he said, "I'm hearing all kinds of sounds."

"That's just the rats," she told him.

Guy stood up.

"Rats?" he asked.

She laughed.

"They always come out at night to scavenge the dead fish along the beach."

"I guess I better sleep on the boat then," he said.

"You can sleep with me," she told him.

He looked at her curiously.

"I have two hammocks. One in the hut and one in the tree. You can have one of them."

"Oh," he said, smiling, "That would be very nice. Thank you."

Sailing

Chapter 6

It was a clear beautiful night and Guy chose to sleep in the hammock suspended between two trees.

He could hear Lily moving around inside the small hut, humming a little song to herself.

He thought she must have been here a long time but how she survived alone was a mystery to him.

She was still humming softly when Guy fell asleep.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Lily asked him the next morning.

He was standing, looking at the ashes of the signal fire.

"It must have gone out during the night," he said.

"No matter," she told him.

"It does matter," he said, "How will anyone ever find this speck of any island without a fire or something to get their attention."

"I can take you back," she said.

"What?" he asked, completely astonished.

"I brought you here and I can take you back," she told him, "You don't have to worry."

"That's bullshit," he told her.

She looked at him for a long time.

"Don't be angry," she said, "It's just that I saw you and....and you were so incredibly beautiful....I just had to do it."

"Do what?" Guy asked, in a state of complete confusion.

"I had to cause that storm and bring you here...to me...to see for myself that you are real."

"This is insane," he told her, "the only island in the South Pacific with a psycho on it and I end up stranded there. Just my luck."

He threw up his hands and walked away.

"I'm not a psycho," she said, following him, "I'm....I'm..."

"You are what?" he asked, stopping and turning around to look at her, "You are my biggest fan or something?"

"Fan?" she asked, "I don't know what that is. Why would I be a fan?"

"Never mind," he said, "What are you?"

"I'm a sea nymph," she said.

Guy stared at her and then he burst out laughing.

"That's a good one," he told her, "Just when I thought I had heard everything."

She looked very angry.

"It's true," she said, "I really am a sea nymph."

"Your need some help, honey," he said, turning to walk away again.

Just then the wind started to blow and lightning streaked across the sky.

Guy looked up.

Thirty seconds before, the day had been sunny and cloudless.

He turned to look at Lily.

"See," she said, "I told you."

For You (Part 4)

*Nicole's PoV*

I opened the door and support Will as he stumbled into the car; he was still drunk. I was drenched in rain and so was he, the weather had only gotten worse and worse today.

"Are you guys ready?" Phil asked as he started up the car and looked back at me and Will.

I looked at Will,"Yeah," I replied.

He drove slowly down the road, splashing through the puddles. I could feel Will's shoulder brush against mine, he was so warm although he was soaked. His hand stole into my hand; he had the most gentle and soft hand I've ever felt. Why do I always attract drunk guys?

Phil came to sudden hault. We must have been at Will's appartment. "Do you think you could make sure Will gets in safely?" Phil asked me. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to him."

"Of course," I opened the car door and balanced Will as we climbed up the stairs and I came through his appartment door.

"Thank you," he said as he stumbled onto his bed.

He looked directly into my eyes, like he didn't see anything else. His eyes drew me to him and he pulled me close until he couldn't any longer and he kissed lips, my cheeck, and my neck. I could feel his hands slowly creep underneath my shirt and prepare to unhook my bra.

“Wait...Will, stop," I try to tell him as I slowly push him away; I caught my breath, "Phil's waiting on me." I paused. "I can't keep him waiting because of this." I told him pointing at both him and me. I tried to say it calmly because I knew if I said it harshly, he would take it harshly. "Listen, I'll see you later." I said as I kissed him on the cheek and left.

I flew straight out of the appartment, but slowed down, as if I wasn't in a rush, into the front of Phil's car, I didn't want him to suspect anything.

'What took you so long?" He asked with his hands on the wheel.

"Nothing," I said, "Just saying our good-byes."

I Looked Up at the Sky

Part 2

"Listen, Chris," Guy said, taking a seat beside Chris. "We're staging an intervention." Will sat down on the opposite side of Chris and nodded. They were on a bench just outside of the train station. Chris was waiting for Jonny to return from his trip, though he had arrived an hour or so before the train was supposed to roll in.

"An intervention?" Chris asked. "For what? And how did you know I was here?"

"We're not clueless," Guy replied. "We know that Jonny's coming back today."

"And we know you're in love with him," Will added. "It's not like you really hide it very well."

"I tried to."

"You tried to hide it from Jonny, which seems to have worked, but not from us. You don't have to hide it from us."

"You don't have to hide it from Jonny, either," Guy said.

"I don't want to hide it, but... why are you guys doing this now, anyway?"

"Because Jonny will be back soon and something needs to be done about this. Now, stop trying to change the subject."

"Well, what am I gonna do?" Chris asked.

"Tell him, of course!"

"Guy, it's not that easy," Will said.

"Whose side are you on?"

"Mine," Will replied. "If Chris could just walk up to Jonny and go, 'Hey, I'm in love with you,' then he probably would have done it a long time ago."

"Good point. But he could at least try. I mean, he's Jonny, you can tell him anything, right?"

"He's my best friend, of course I can tell him anything... except for this."

"Why not?" Guy asked.

" 'Cause I'm not brave enough... or good enough," Chris muttered.

"What do you mean 'good enough'?"

"I mean that Jonny won't want me, so what's the point of telling him?"

"I think you're wrong, actually, but don't you think he at least deserves to know?" Guy asked. Chris knew he was right, but it would still be a huge difficulty to tell Jonny how he felt.

"I'll try, but I'm not making any promises," Chris said.

"We're here for support, you know."

"Yeah, thanks."

Half an hour later, Jonny stepped off the train. He was carrying a few bags, and almost left without noticing the other three were waiting for him.

"What the hell? He doesn't even see us here? JONNY!" Guy exclaimed. Jonny turned and smiled at them, then walked towards them.

"All three of you came here?" Jonny asked as he stopped in front of the bench. Guy and Will stood up, but Chris remained seated.

"We sure did. And it's good to have you back, man," Will said, man-hugging Jonny.

"Well, it's good to be back," Jonny smiled. As he looked down, though, he noticed that Chris was still sitting, and that he was just staring, his face very pale. "Chris, are you OK?"

Chris looked up at him, and opened his mouth to say something. A few seconds later, he closed it, took a deep breath, then tried again. After several attempts, he finally mustered an, "I'm-" before Guy kindly stepped in.

"He's just tired. Had a run-in last night with someone who was, uh, not exactly a fan. It upset him a bit, you know, 'cause he's sensitive and all."

"Oh," Jonny said. He didn't really believe Guy, but he could sense that he wasn't going to be told the truth. "Well... shall we get going, then?"

"Yeah," Chris said, finally standing up. The four started to walk, but Guy and Will deliberately slowed down behind Chris and Jonny. "I really missed you, Jonny."

"I missed you, too," Jonny said. He cleared his throat and added, "You know, all of you. It was pretty lonely without you... guys."

"It was lonely without you, too."

Triangle

Chapter 1

"Someone's coming, sir," the overseer told Guy.

Guy followed his gaze across the wide open spaces to the entrance to the ranch more than two miles away.

He could see the dust cloud that formed behind the quickly moving vehicle.

He took off his bush hat and wiped the dust out of his eyes with his bandanna.

"Wonder who it is?" the overseer said.

Guy didn't answer.

The ranch was so far out in the bush that few people ever came here and certainly no visitors.

Guy even had to send someone the forty miles to town once a week to pick up the mail.

Guy walked to the cooler and took out a bottle of water.

He opened it and poured half over his neck and drank the rest as he waited for the unorthodox visitor to arrive.

The car creaked to a stop near the corral.

"Guy Berryman?" the driver asked.

"That's me," Guy said, holding up his hand.

"This is for you," the driver said, handing him a long, thick envelope.

Guy took it from him.

"Have a nice day," the driver said and sped away.

Guy searched the outside of the envelope for any clue as to what the contents were, but it was blank.

"What is it?" the overseer asked.

"I don't know," Guy said, ripping the envelope open.

He read the first few lines.

"Tell Mary to get the house ready," he said, quietly, while still reading, "And tell Harold I need to see him."

"What's going on?"

"It seems we are going to have visitors," Guy said.

"Visitors?? Out here? Who would want to come all this way?"

"One of my former best friends," he said, "And that bitch he married."

"You don't mean----" the overseer started to say.

"That's right," Guy said, "Will and Miranda."

"But she's the one who----"

"I don't need a recap," Guy said, "I was there. Thank you very much."

"Sorry," the overseer said.

"Go......" Guy said, "Tell the others."

"Yes, sir," he said, scurrying away.

Guy leaned on the post of the corral and read the letter again.

The words, "sorry" and "forgive" stuck out at him.

"The bitch can forget both," he said, under his breath, "She won't find them here."

Triangle

Chapter 2

"Anything else you need?" Mary asked Guy.

"No, thank you," he said, taking a drink out of his whiskey glass.

"Why don't you put that stuff away?" she told him.

He walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Why don't you stop fussing over me?" he told her.

"Because no one else does," she said, "And I'm an old woman. I need someone to fuss over."

"You're not old," he told her, "You will never be old."

"I am damn near sixty," she told him.

"That's young for a spitfire like you," he said, with a smile and a wink.

"All that cute little flirting ain't going to impress me, honey," she said, "I know you are upset."

Guy looked at his glass.

"I guess word gets around,huh?" he said.

"Jefferson told me to fix up the other rooms. You know I had to ask why."

"That you did, I'm sure," Guy said, sitting down in his favorite leather chair.

"Do you want to talk about it, sweetie?"

Guy looked at her for a long moment.

"She wants me to forgive her," Guy said.

"What about him?" she asked.

"Yep, Will wants that too. Do you think I should?"

"Hell, no," Mary said, "The two of you had such a great relationship. It was obvious how much you loved each other and then that other one

came along and showed no regard for either one of you."

"I can't really blame her," Guy said, staring into the whiskey bottle.

"The hell you can't," Mary said, "You two worked hard building up this place. It was supposed to be your future."

"Well," Guy said, Apparently our relationship wasn't as great as I thought or it wouldn't have been so easy to separate us."

"Don't you go blaming yourself again," she said, "You did that last time and it almost killed you."

"It's not blame," he said, "when it's just the truth."

"The truth is she was no good. From start to finish. I told you that, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did," Guy said, "I wish like hell I had listened to you."

He sat quietly for a few moments.

She walked over and took his chin in her hands and looked at his face.

"Oh shit," she said.

"What?" Guy asked.

"I know that look and that look is trouble," she told him.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Gus said, pushing her hand away.

"Yes, you do," she said, "You are still in love."

Guy laughed.

"Don't be ridiculous," he said, "After all those two put me through? No way."

"Honey, you have my sympathy," she said, "But you can't fool me. Love is love and that's what I see in your eyes."

Guy looked sad.

"But that would make me a fool, wouldn't it?" he asked.

She smiled at him.

"No," she said, "That would make you the kind, gentle soul I have known for these last few years."

"I love you," he said, kissing her hand.

"Yeah, yeah,yeah," she said, "You better get some sleep if they are going to be here tomorrow."

A rather short part, but the next one will be very exciting, I promise... :P

For You (Part 5)

*Will's PoV*

I woke up from a loud ringing noise coming from my phone. I blindly ran my hand across my nightstand, in search of the phone. When I found it I brought up to my ear, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered realizing how horrible my headache was and how soar my stomach was, "Oh, shit." I moaned in pain.

"Will," I instantly recognized her voice; it must have been Nicole, "you sound terrible, are you alright?"

"Yeah, just a slight hangover." I lied, it was more than just a slight hangover, I don't think I've ever felt so horrible in my entire life.

I could hear the concern in her voice, "Do you want me to come over and help you out?"

"You don't have to do that." I told her.

"I know I don't have to, I want to," she paused. "I'll get dressed and get over there as soon as I can."

"Are you sure?" I asked her. It was only a hangover I could take one day a little ill; I had no plans anyhow.

"Of course, I am, Will. I'll see you in a little bit, alright?"

I though about her descision, "Okay," I agreed. "Just don't push yourself, please?"

"Please don't worry about me. I'll see you in a few minutes, bye." and she hung up.

I placed the phone on the receiver and got up from my bed soarly. I had to at least get dressed properly before she got here.

For You (Part 6)

*Will's PoV*

I heard the doorbell ring when I was in the middle of slipping on a pair of jeans. "Come in," I called. I sat down on my bed and waited for Nicole to come in; I had the worst of headache.

"Hey," Nicole said as she kisssed me on the cheek. She had a mug of steaming coffee in one hand and and it looked like she had a couple asprin in the other, "These usually help me when I'm in your condition." and she handed both of them to me. The mug still felt warm from her hands. I sat on the bed and she sat next to me.

"This works?" I asked, about to slip both down my throat.

"I promise it will at least help." She paused, "And if it doesn't the coffee still tastes good."

I agreed with her and slipped the asprin down my throat along with a splash of the boiling hot cup of coffee. For the first couple moments I didn't feel anything except the the path the hot coffee left in my throat and my tounge. I waited a minute or two and the thumping headache vanished completely and the soar stomach became satisfied.

"How did you know it would work?" I asked her, feeling releived.

"Chris showed me a couple years ago." She laughed, "He knows all about that kind of stuff."

"Does he really?" I crept behind the brunette and I placed my hands on her hips and kissed along her neck. I went to kiss her cheek but she turned her head and planted her lips on mine, passionately.

She turned around and pushed me onto the bed and I pulled her with me, both of us giggling. I took her hair piece out of her brown soft hair and ran my fingers straight through every strand.

"Will... I... love you...” She said between kisses as she started to unbutton my shirt and run her fingers along my chest.

"I... Love you... too..." I tried to speak as we kissed. I easily slipped off her shirt and pushed her jeans down to her ankles as she removed mine and threw them on the floor beside the bed.

I layed her down and went to unhooking her bra; tracing my fingers along her smooth and now exposed skin. She pulled down my boxers and I brought down the last piece of her clothing.

I took grasp of Nicole's hips, her gasping as she let me into her.

Gawd, I suck at this :P

Violent Waters

Chapter 15

I was about to knock on the door when it flew open on its own. Chloe stood in front of me, smiling. “Hi! How are you, Guy?”

“Oh...I’m fine, thanks. How about you?”

“I’m alright. Jonny’s got a hangover, though. He said he was out drinking with you and Will.” She seemed a bit annoyed, so I apologized.

“Well, I wasn’t drinking...and they invited me, Chloe. It’s not my fault this time.”

Chloe chuckled and shook her head. “Guy Berryman not drinking? What has the world come to? Are you here to see Jonny?”

I hesitated. “Um, not really. I just wanted to return his car key.” I dug it out of my pocket and held it out to her.

“Oh. Well, thanks for looking out for him. You’re a good friend, despite your responsibility issue.” I grinned and she punched me jokingly on the arm. “Are you sure you don’t want to see Jonny? I think he’s expecting you. He seems anxious, but he won’t tell me why.” Her expression changed to one of worry.

“Oh...anxious? I, um...”

“Guy!”

My face must have expressed horror, because Chloe looked surprised. “Is something wrong?”

“No...”

“You brought the key?” asked Jonny, appearing in the doorway beside his wife.

“Yeah, love, Guy gave it to me.”

“Oh.” Jonny looked nervously down at the floor. “Do you want to come in for a second? I’ve got something of yours to give back.” I frowned, doubting that he actually had anything of mine. But it would look very strange if I refused and took off down the street. So I agreed.

I followed Jonny wordlessly through the flat until we reached the den where he kept most of his music-related possessions. I hesitated outside the door, staring at his back. He turned around and sighed. “Are you going to come in?” Slowly, I inched into the room. “I’m sorry,” Jonny said quietly. “I’m really sorry.”

“For what?” I asked coldly.

“You know what. It was my fault, I know, but I didn’t mean to tell him. I screwed up, I’m sorry.”

Since Jonny was taking all the blame already, I had nothing to argue about. So instead I looked around the den aimlessly, trying to figure out what to say. I glanced at Jonny, only to see him staring back at me, guilt written all over his features. He looked pale; his eyes were glassy and pained. “How’s the hangover?”

“Really bad.”

I wanted to say ‘hah’ and rub it in his face, but I couldn’t. “You haven’t been that drunk in a long time.”

He took a deep breath. “All I’ve done over the past few months is suffer with you. For just one night I wanted to get away from it all.”

I knew instantly he was telling the truth. Everyone around me had been changed by what I’d been through, especially Jonny. I’d dragged him down with me, and I understood exactly how he felt. I had starting using ecstasy because I’d just wanted to ‘get away from it all’. “I forgive you. And I’m really sorry.”

He looked relieved. “For what?”

“For everything! I’ve put you through too much. My god, Jon...”

“What?” Jonny breathed. “None of this is your fault.”

“Yeah it is.”

“No it’s not.”

“Yes, it is.”

“Guy, I don’t have time for your blame game. You need to listen to me. You did not ask for any of this...therefore, it is not your fault.”

“But if I’d been more careful with Eddie...if I’d never opened the CD...I could have handled everything better. I didn’t have to take drugs, but I too fucking weak...” Everything was just spilling out. Jonny, too stunned to speak, just stared at me. “I am so sorry. I should have never told you. I completely ruined us, Jon. The band; everything. I just can’t pull myself together; I’m never going to...”

“Sit down,” said Jonny suddenly, pushing me into a nearby chair. I went silent, waiting for something painful to happen.

“You’re being stupid. Stop blaming yourself! I don’t have the patience to do this all over again, so listen up. This...is...not...your...fault.” At every pause, he shook me firmly by the shoulders. “I don’t know what it’s gonna take to get that through your thick little skull!” he continued, tapping the side of my head. “Your only mistake was taking the drugs, and it was an honest mistake. You made up for it. No one in their right mind would blame you for any of this! Look, I don’t want this to turn into Good Will Hunting, alright? How many times do I have to tell you it’s not your fault?”

I realized suddenly that this might be the ‘talk’ Henry had kept telling me I needed to have. “But I feel like it is!” I protested, pushing Jonny’s arms away. “I always have.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

“You couldn’t have done anything. Hell, you did what any of us would have.”

“And look where it got me.”

“But look where you’re going! You’re getting out from under this. It will get easier, I promise.” He paused to rub his stomach, grimacing.

That’s when it hit me. I looked quickly into Jonny’s pale green eyes as everything he’d said sunk in. And then I realized that he was right. About everything, really. I believed him.

But before I had the chance to speak, the doorbell rang and Chloe called her husband from downstairs. Jonny looked torn between answering and ignoring her. He stood hesitantly in the middle of the room, glancing at me, then at the door. “Well, g-go on,” I stammered. “I’ll leave through the back.”

“Leave? No, just come with me...”

“JONNY!”

“I’m coming, Chloe!”

“Chris is here!”

We both looked at each other. “Come with me,” Jonny said. “...Just in case things get ugly.” Then he grabbed my hand and helped me up.

Triangle

Chapter 3

But Guy didn't go to sleep.

He rarely slept anymore.

He just figured numbers in his head over and over.

How many days since Miranda had shown up.

How many months since she and Will had eloped to Sydney and left him nothing but a note.

How many bales of hay he might have to buy to get his cattle herd through the dry Australian summer.

How many cows he would have to sell if he couldn't afford the hay or if no hay was available.

How many bottles of whiskey he had drank since the whole thing fell apart.

How many nights he had lain awake replaying that scene in his head when he had caught the two of them, in their bed too.

They didn't even have the decency to do it somewhere else.

How many times he wanted to strangle them both.

Once he even had his hands around her pretty little neck when Will had stopped him.

Guy opened his desk drawer and took out an old photograph.

It was of the four of them when the band was still together.

Before Chris decided to give the band a small break.

Before Jonny got married.

Before he and Will had decided to start this ranch.

Before Miranda.......

At least Chris and Jonny would be coming to visit at the same time as Will and Miranda.

The thought of being here with just the two of them was more than he could take.

Jonny was the one who always kept them all so grounded.

He was the one that always settled any disputes or arguments.

He was the one that made them all act like adults when they were fighting like three-year-olds.

He was the rock that they all leaned on.

Guy knew he could lean on him this time too if he needed to.

The front door opened.

Jefferson came hurrying in.

"There's a cougar out near the west herd," he said, "the boys just called it in."

"Shit," Guy said, "Get the truck."

Jefferson left quickly.

Guy stood up, putting on his hat and going to unlock the gun cabinet.

He took out two rifles and a box of ammunition and stuck it in his pocket.

"Probably got babies," he said to himself.

But he knew that wouldn't stop him from killing the animal.

"I've had enough of predators," he said.

Triangle

Chapter 4

She was standing on the porch of the house when he saw her for the very first time.

Just a slight little thing in jeans and a t-shirt with long dark hair.

He was just coming in from a night of branding cattle in the north pasture.

He was tired and hungry and dirty.

"Hello," she said, extending her hand to him.

"Hi," he said, taking off his hat, politely, ""Sorry for the way that I look."

"You look fine," she said, smiling a pretty little smile with a perky little mouth.

"My name is Miranda. I hear you are looking for a housekeeper," she said.

"Well, yeah," he told her, "But you didn't have to come forty miles out here to apply for the job."

"Oh, I know," she said, smiling, "I just thought it might make a good impression if I did."

"You must really want this job," he told her.

"Yes, I do," she said, "I need to make money to get myself a plane ticket home."

"And where would that be?" Guy asked.

"Baltimore," she said, "That's in Maryland. In the United States."

Guy smiled.

"I know where it is," he said, "I've actually been there. It's a nice place."

"Your accent is lovely," she said, "But it's not Australian, is it?"

"No," he explained, "I was born in Scotland, but I spent most of my life near London."

"Wow," she said, "How continental."

Guy thought she was flirting with him, but he wasn't sure.

The door of the house opened and Will came out.

"Hello," he said in surprise, "Who might you be?"

"This is Miranda," Guy told him, "She wants to be our housekeeper. What do you think?"

Will shrugged.

"Sure," he said, "We have a cook, Mary, but she refuses to clean. So we need a housekeeper."

He leaned close to Miranda and whispered, "But fair warning, he's the messy one."

She giggled.

"You are hired," Guy said.

"Oh thank goodness," she said, "I was not looking forward to that long drive back to town in this heat."

Guy looked up at the sky.

"It's only mid-morning," he told her, "It will get a lot hotter than this around here."

Triangle

Chapter 5

Now he was standing on the porch of the house waiting for her and Will.

He had sent his foreman to town to pick up Chris, Jonny, Will and Miranda.

He wanted to be in a familiar place when he saw them for the first time in more than a year.

He didn't want to get a glimpse of them in the airport and think he was seeing things again.

"Car's coming," Mary said.

She had slipped up beside him while he was lost in thought.

"Be nice," he told her.

"I will be nice to the others. I can't wait to see that goofy Chris. I wonder what his hair will look like. And my sweet

Jonny."

"Be nice to all of them," Guy said, seriously.

Harold stopped the car right in front of the porch steps.

Chris bounded out first and flew up the steps, catapulting himself at Guy.

Guy was knocked back a few feet, but he hugged Chris tightly.

Chris kissed him on both cheeks.

"Damn, you look good," he said, smiling.

Then he moved on to Mary.

"Beautiful hair," she said, "Not too short...not too long."

"Mary, my luv," Chris teased, "I brought you something."

She hugged him.

"You are a bad boy," she said, as he handed her a box of fancy English chocolate.

Jonny came up the steps, slowly and hugged Guy with a clasp of hands.

Mary held out her arms to him.

"Jonny!" She said, "Always my favorite."

Chris feigned a hurt look.

They all turned around to see what would happen with the other three.

Miranda walked up to Guy first.

"Hello," she said.

"Hi," Guy said, quietly.

"Thanks for letting us come," she said.

"I couldn't very well stop you," he told her, truthfully, "Half of this ranch does belong to Will."

She looked away.

"Well, thanks anyway," she said.

Will came face to face with Guy.

"Hey man," he said.

"Hey," Guy said.

Then he turned around and went back into the house.

"Well, at least he didn't hit me," Will said.

"Of course, he wouldn't hit you," Mary said, "You jackass.....He's still in love with you."

I Looked Up at the Sky

Part 3

"Jonny, it's starting to rain," Chris said. He and Jonny were once again in the grass, except this particular day was not as nice weather-wise as the others had been. The clouds started out as a light grey, but eventually they turned dark. Jonny hadn't noticed, because his eyes were closed, though he had felt a few drops fall.

"I know."

"We should probably go." Chris sat up. As much as he loved the time he and Jonny spent together, he was ready to go home and hate himself for wasting another entire day without telling Jonny he loved him. The rain steadily grew heavier, and Chris looked over at Jonny.

"Hmm... I don't wanna."

"Jonny, we're gonna get soaked!"

"It's not raining that hard," Jonny said, just as it started pouring. "Oh, come on!" he yelled, sitting up and looking at the sky, blinking away the raindrops. "Stupid weather."

Chris leapt to his feet and held a hand out to Jonny. "Come on." Jonny grabbed his hand, and Chris felt his stomach flip. Their eyes met as Jonny removed himself from the now muddy ground, and for a few seconds, they stayed that way. The already increased beating of Chris' heart only quickened more when he realised that Jonny had not yet let go.

By now the rain was coming down in buckets and the pair were completely drenched. Chris' small curls were flat against his forehead and neck, and Jonny couldn't help but admire how beautiful his bright blue eyes were in contrast with the dark sky. Somewhere in the brief minute that had passed, Chris had gathered up enough courage to tell Jonny exactly how he felt. He never got to actually tell him, though, because as he opened his mouth, Jonny made his move.

For several minutes, Chris and Jonny stood in the downpour, Chris' hands cupping Jonny's stubbled jaw and Jonny's hands placed firmly on Chris' waist, as they passionately kissed. The rain flooded the field, covering the grass in a slippery mud, but neither of them paid any attention to anything except each other.

"I love you," Chris whispered.

"I know. Guy told me."

"He did? And you didn't say anything?"

"I didn't believe him at first. I was afraid he was just messing with me." Chris gave a soft smile and brushed his hand lightly against Jonny's cheek.

"He wasn't."

"I love you, too," Jonny smiled back. As if it had all been some plan formulated by the weather gods, the rain let up and the sun revealed itself, illuminating the already glowing faces of the two men.

hmm.... i don't know where else to go with this story.

any suggestions?

Okay, so I've been reading fanfiction on here for quite a while, and it's time for me to contribute. Click the spoiler to read.

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 1

"Kira! Get your ass over here!!" Boss's harsh voice yelled out from the dimly lit room. I stood up, getting my sorry ass off of the old wooden chair. Nervously clutching my camera, I walk to the doorway where a man in his 50's is standing. Boss's grizzly face is warped into a mix of a glare and a frown. His metallic grey eyes penetrated into me, reading my every thought.

What the hell did I do!? I thought anxiously. Why does he do this?

"Get in the room," he grumbled, motioning me inside. I walk in the tiny, dim room. Boss sat down at his tiny worn desk. He pointed at a smelly old chair, with its upholstery ripped. I sit down, nervously twiddling my fingers. Boss was looking at me with a mix of fury and disappointment. He was holding what looked like a few pictures.

"Kira," he began. "You've been in this business for how long?"

"S-six months, sir," I stammer.

"Yes. Now, I have expectations. I expect that you respect me. I expect you don't slack off. Now, so far you've done an okay job on those two. But I also expect you take take decent pictures!" he snapped, his voice growing harsher. "Look at this!" he yelled, shoving a blurred picture in my face. "You said this was Gwen Stefani, but it's so goddamn blurry it might've been Rosie fucking O'Donnell!" he screeched.

"I'm sorry, sir," I murmured, looking down.

"Sorry ain't enough. The only way to keep your job is to work on a long term project."

"Long term, sir?"

"Long term. You gotta follow a certain person around, get good info. Good pics. I'll give ya, oh, six months. You'd better have a shitload of information by that time. 'Cause if you don't," he said, then snapped his fingers. "You're gone. Just like that." He snapped his finger again. "Capiche?"

"Caphice," I repeat, wallowing in self-pity.

"Now go and find someone!" he shouted. "Out!"

I run out the door, back into the dark room. Several eyes are staring at me, and the reek of cigarettes and moly, peeling paint nauseates me more than usual.

"Oh, Kira," Boss added, standing at the doorway. "Try not to get arrested."

I nod weakly, gulp, then rush out of the door. Fresh air filled my lungs. I looked around. There were barely any lights. I just had to go across the street to get home, and think of a plan. So I start walking, as usual. But out of the corner of my eye, a bright light shone. I turned to my right to see a car speeding towards me! I run, trip on my shoelace, and fall to the ground, almost in slow motion. Then, everything went black.

Since I'm bored, I'll post another chapter.

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 2

"Chris, you idiot!" A voice snapped. I was barely conscious of my surrounding, but I could hear, and I could feel, and I knew I was in pain.

"Look what you did! Nearly killed someone!" the voice continued.

"I'm sorry! It's not my fault I can't drive worth shit!" another voice joined the conversation.

"It is, you muppet!"

"Jesus, calm down! We'll help this girl out, okay!?"

I could hear footsteps, when I felt the presence of something living. I could tell this person was close, their breath was warm on my skin.

"You okay?" the voice gently asked. I could tell it was the person being yelled at.

"I'm sorry I nearly killed you." I felt a gentle prod on my shoulder.

"Wake up, now," the voice ordered. "Or Will's going to kick my ass." I felt consciousness begin to arouse in my body. Slowly, I opened my eyes. At first, things were blurry. But as my eyes focused, I saw a pair of blue eyes staring back at me. But they weren't just any ordinary blue. They were the most stunningly, gloriously bright shade of blue you could ever wish to imagine. And I never exaggerate about these kind of things. A rather handsome, angelic, and somewhat child-like face was looking into my eyes. A mop of dirty brown hair rested on his head, and his face was shadowed with concern. He looked awfully familiar. His face melted into a grin. He turned back to three other, somewhat distant men.

"Look! She's alive!" he cried, hopping up. He had an adorable accent, and his voice was soothing to hear. It seemed a bit unfitting to hear a low, calm voice on such a energetic man. He bounced about, sighing some show tunes.

"We won't get our asses sued!" he sung in the tune of the Golden Girls theme song. Then, he kneeled down, lifted me up, and embraced me in a tight, no, bone-crushing hug. I winced in pain. My hip was sore, and my left arm stung.

Noticing my pain, the man immediately put me down.

"Sorry," he apologized. "You okay? You landed pretty hard in those bushes."

A dumbfounded look crossed my face. Then, the man came across some sort of epiphany.

"You don't know what happened, do you?"

I shook my head.

"Well, I was driving the car," he began.

"Rather shitfully!" a voice added.

"Shut up! So, I was driving, and I saw you on the road. But before I could stop, you ran into the bushes to the side of the road," he pointed to the giant juniper bushes as he said this. "and we came out of the car. So then we see that you're, sort of knocked out, but you've only got a grazed arm. I guess it was just shock."

"I see," I nodded.

"Wow, you spoke!" the man cried, clapping.

"Er, yes, I did. My hip is also a tad sore," I added. "But it doesn't feel broken or anything. I'll look at it later."

"Oh, good. Oh! I should introduce you to the other guys?"

"Um, sure."

He led me to three other men. One was a gruff-looking, bald man, who was wider and shorted than the other one, and sported a thick beard. The other man, the tall one who has spoken to me, gave the bald one a crushing embrace.

"Fuck off," the bald man snapped.

"Sorry! Well, this is Will. He's a bit... grumpy at times, but usually he's the sweetest thing! Will, person I nearly killed. Person I nearly killed, Will." Will gave a friendly wave to me, despite his grumpy frown.

"Oh! What's your name?" the man inquired.

"Kira," I inform him.

"Lovely! I'm Chris," the blue-eyed man replied. Then, Chris placed his arm around a scruffy man who was slighter shorter and less thin than him. He had lovely green eyes, and a cap.

"This is Jonny!" Chris said, giving him a kiss on the ear.

I wave.

He waves back.

Lastly, Chris embraces a gorgeous man. He's the shortest of the four, with dark brown eyes, dark hair, and a thin body. He had a beautiful face, it was perfectly symmetrical, and his smile shone like a beacon.

"This hot guy right here is Guy! Haha! Hot Guy, hot guy! Hahaha!" Chris hugs Guy again.

"Well, that's us!" Chris finished. All of a sudden, I reached an epiphany. I knew why these men were so familiar!

"I know who you are!" I said excitedly. "You're... Coldplay!"

Triangle

Chapter 6

"Maybe we shouldn't have come," Will told Miranda.

"No," she said, as she went about unpacking their clothes, "We definitely should have come.

There are alot of things that need to be settled between you two."

"I guess we do need to make a decision about the ranch," he agreed.

"That isn't what I meant and you know it," she said.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Will called.

Guy opened the door.

"Do you have everything you need?" he asked.

"Yes," Miranda said, "It's all very lovely. Thank you."

She poked Will on the shoulder.

He looked at her in a strange way.

"Ah....could we maybe talk?" Will asked Guy.

Guy narrowed his eyes at him.

"What about?" he asked.

"Just stuff," Will said.

Guy took a deep breath.

"Sure," he said, "Might as well get it over with."

Guy leaned on the corral fence with his arms crossed.

"The air is so clean here," Will said, "I had forgotten that."

"You wanted to talk," Guy said.

"Yeah," Will said, "About the ranch..."

"I'll buy you out," Guy said, before Will could finish.

"You don't have that kind of money," Will said, "And I don't want your money. I want you to have the ranch.

I'll just sign it over to you."

"Bullshit," Guy said, "I am no charity case. I don't need you to feel sorry for me."

"I don't feel sorry for you," Will told him, "I'll do it because of ....well..because of how close we were."

Guy swallowed hard.

"I just don't get it," Guy said, looking away, "I did everything right. Everything. What happened? Why did you

do what you did?"

"I have no excuse," Will said, "I really don't know."

"God,I wish I could hate you," Guy said, wiping his eyes, "But I can't....no matter what...I still love you. Isn't that pathetic?"

Will smiled a little bitter smile.

"I can top that," he said, "I'm still in love with you."

Triangle

Chapter 7

Guy stared at him.

"What did you say?" he asked.

Will laughed.

"You heard me," he told him, "I said that I'm still in love with you."

"Are you crazy?' Guy asked.

"Perhaps," Will said, "But whether I am crazy or not, the fact remains that I love you."

Guy walked away a little bit and then walked back.

"You are such a son of a bitch," he said, quietly.

"Yes, I know," Will said.

"Does Miranda know?" Guy asked.

"Yes," Will said, "She's always known. We will be divorced soon."

"What?"

Guy's head was spinning.

"You run off with her, marry her and now you are divorcing her....all in less than a year?"

"That's about the sum of it," Will said.

"But....then why in the hell are you here?" Guy asked.

"Because she wants you to forgive her....and I want that too. And she had this crazy notion that we, you and I, could start over."

Guy laughed.

"That is crazy," he said.

"I know," Will said.

"You are both lunatics!" Guy yelled at him, "Just nuts!"

He walked quickly away.

Then Will heard him coming back.

Guy put his hand on Will's shoulder and jerked him around.

"How dare you come here and tell me this shit!" he said.

"I'm sorry," Will said, "I told her it was a bad idea."

"You damn right it was a bad idea," Guy said.

"I'm so sorry," Will said, again, in a whisper.

Guy just stared at him for a long moment.

"Go ahead," Will said, "I know you want to hit me."

Guy took a deep breath.

Then he grabbed Will and kissed him hard on the mouth.

Will responded by sliding his tongue between Guy's lips.

"I want you," Guy breathed.

"Where can we go?" Will asked.

Guy took him by the hand.

"Come on," he said, "The barn is full of new hay."

Triangle

Chapter 8

They climbed the ladder into the loft of the barn.

A flash of lightning lit the sky.

"Storm's coming," Will said.

"Yes," Guy said, grabbing Will's t-shirt and yanking it over his head.

He pressed his cheek to Will's chest and felt his heart beat.

The feel of Guy's skin against his chest made Will breathe deeply.

"I don't know why I am doing this," Guy said, as he kissed his way down Will's body.

"Yes, you do," Will told him, "Because we love each other, that's why."

Guy smiled and kissed him as Will ripped open the snaps on his shirt.

"I have missed these hands," Guy said, putting his own hands on top of Will's.

A loud clap of thunder shook the barn.

Will laid down in a pile of hay and Guy followed.

"Come here," Will said, pulling Guy on top of him.

They crushed their mouths together until they almost couldn't breathe.

"I can't get close enough to you," Will said, wrapping Guy's body completely in his arms.

Guy slid his tongue down Will's chest and down across his stomach, until he came to his belt.

His out-of-practice fingers were fumbling with the belt buckle when he heard shouting.

"What's going on?" Will asked.

"I don't know," Guy said, jumping up.

He walked to the barn window and saw men running in all directions.

"What's happening?" he yelled to one of them.

"Fire," came the answer, "Fire in the west pasture."

"Oh God," Guy said, turning to Will, "Fire."

They both started to dress hurriedly.

"Must have been the lightning," Will said.

"Yeah," Guy agreed, "Everytime we need rain, we get this."

Guy slid down the ladder and Will followed.

They ran across the open yard to Guy's truck.

Will jumped in on the passenger side.

"What are you doing?" Guy asked.

"This is my ranch too," Will said.

Guy just smiled at him as he drove off down the road at high speed following the convoy of vehicles already headed to the fire.

Triangle

Chapter 9

"Can't we do something to help?" Chris asked.

Mary looked at him.

"Do you know anything about fighting a fire, cutie pie?"

"Well no," Chris said, "I suppose you get some water and.."

"What about in the pasture where there is no water?" She asked.

Jonny laughed at the helpless expression on Chris' face.

"No," he said, meekly.

"Then why don't you sit your cute little butt down here in this chair and help Jonny make

some sandwiches while I fill these canisters with coffee," she told him.

He sat down and picked up two slices of bread.

Then he looked distastefully at the meat.

"Here," Jonny said, "I'll make them and you wrap them."

"Thanks," Chris said.

"Where's Miranda?" Jonny asked.

"Who knows and who cares,"Mary said, "Her help we don't need."

"Where's Will?" Chris asked.

"Oh he left with Guy," Mary said, "They were out in the barn when we got word about the fire."

"They were?" Chris said.

"Yep," Mary said, "They were talking something over I guess."

"At least they were talking," Jonny said.

Mary laughed.

"Well," she said, "I was using polite language around company. Actually they were.."

"Were what?" Chris asked, with big eyes.

"I shouldn't say," she said.

"Spill..." Chris said, getting up and walking over to her.

"Alright," she said, "But get back to work."

Chris went back to his seat at the table.

Mary leaned over to the two of them and whispered, "They were kissing."

Chris and Jonny both gasped.

"No way," Chris said.

"Yep," she nodded, "I saw it myself."

"Saw what?"Miranda asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing," Jonny said, discreetly.

"Like hell,"Mary said, "It sure was something. Guy and Will were kissing."

Miranda smiled.

"Good," she said, and walked out, leaving the other three with their mouths wide open.

Triangle

Chapter 10

"Well?" Will asked, when Guy came walking back to the truck.

"Johnson says the cattle are all out of the pasture except a few strays so we don't have that to worry about. I'm going to take a ride along the back side and see how things look from there. Too much brush for vehicles. I'll take a horse."

"Okay, I'll come with you," Will said.

"Get a horse from Anderson," Guy told him, motioning with his head as a cowboy walked up and handed the reins of a horse to Guy.

Guy took the reins of the horse and began talking sweetly to the animal before he lowered its blinders.

He put a boot into the stirrup and expertly swung himself into the saddle.

Will watched him ride away

"Here's a horse for you," Anderson said, handing the reins to Will.

Will followed Guy's example with the blinders and rode off to join him.

They rode hard until they reached the back ridge line of the property.

"Damn," Guy said, "Lots of burned fence posts. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few weeks."

"You mean, what we will be doing for the next few weeks," Will said.

"Were you really serious about what you said?" Guy asked.

"Of course," Will said, stopping his horse and grabbing the reins of Guy's horse.

Then he leaned across both horses to kiss Guy.

Just at that moment a stray calf came running through the brush.

It spooked both horses.

Will's horse bolted, running hard.

Guy's horse, reared up, catching him unaware.

Will regained control of his horse and turned it back around just in time to see Guy hit the ground hard.

"Oh no...." Will rode hard back to where Guy lay and jumped off his horse.

Guy was unconscious and blood was coming from one ear and his mouth.

Will knew from experience that it was not good to move anyone who had been thrown from a horse.

The victim could suffer even worse and permanent injuries, especially if the spine or neck was involved.

But he wanted to make sure Guy was still breathing.

He leaned close to him and felt warm breath on his face.

"Thank God," he said, as he reached for his phone.

"We need help over here now at the back ridge line," he said.

Will just sat and rested his hand on Guy's back.

He just felt the need to touch him.

"You have to be okay," he told him.

Guy stirred a little and moaned.

"Don't move," Will told him.

"Okay," Guy said, groggily.

"Can you fell your legs?" Will asked.

"Yeah," Guy said, "I think I am okay."

"Just lie there," Will told him, "Help is on the way."

"Hold my hand," Guy told him.

Will took his hand and kissed him on the cheek.

"I love you," he said.

Triangle

Chapter 11

"What did he do to you now?" Mary asked, with her hands on her hips as Guy came limping into the house.

"I'm fine," he said, patting her on the shoulder.

"Says who?" she asked.

"The doctor said he's fine," Will told her, following Guy into the house.

"Who asked you?' she said.

"Mary....." Guy said, without turning around to look at her.

"Alright," Mary said, walking away.

"Is the fire out?" Chris asked.

"Yeah," Will said, "Finally."

"I'm going to take a shower," Guy said, leaning on the railing of the staircase, "If I can get up these stairs."

He looked at Will.

"Come with me," he said.

Will smiled and walked over to Guy, gently draping his arm around Guy's shoulders.

Guy winced a little at the pain.

"What did happen to you?" Jonny asked.

"Got thrown by a horse," Guy said over his shoulder.

"Of course," Chris mumbled, "Because when you are fighting a pasture fire set by lightning you would naturally get thrown by a horse. Does anybody else feel like we are in the middle of a made for t.v. movie?" he asked.

Jonny rolled his eyes.

"I'm going back to bed," he said.

"You better go to sleep too, skinny little gorgeous one," Mary said to Chris.

"I never sleep," Chris said.

Mary rolled her eyes.

"Lucky me," she said, "Then you can help me make biscuits for breakfast."

She held out an apron for Chris to put on.

"Here sit down on the bed," Will said to Guy.

Guy sat down gingerly.

"Are you really okay?" Will asked.

"My back hurts like hell," Guy said, "And it's starting to stiffen up."

Guy had unbuttoned his shirt and was trying to take it off.

"Let me help you," Will said, sliding the shirt off Guy's shoulders.

"God that's a huge bruise," Will said.

"If you will help me take my boots off I can do the rest," Guy said, "I can't bend over very easily."

Will looked at him and shook his head.

"You are a mess," he said.

He finished taking off Guy's boots.

"I'll start the shower for you," he told Guy.

When he came back into the room two minutes later, Guy was undressed and lying on the bed, asleep.

Will covered him with a blanket, kissed him on the neck and turned out the light.

Triangle

Chapter 12

"Where is everyone? Chris asked, walking into the kitchen.

Mary was sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee.

"Honey, you are too late for everything." she said.

Chris sat down beside her and took her cup of coffee.

"Thanks," he said.

She raised one eyebrow and said, "You're welcome," sarcastically.

Chris took a drink of the strong coffee and frowned.

"No sugar?" he asked her.

Mary laughed, "Honey, the only thing sweet in this kitchen is you," she said.

"I'm going to marry you when I grow up," Chris told her, joking.

"Then I see it's going to be a long wait," she said.

"Where is Jonny?" he asked.

"Out by the corral playing with the horses," she pointed.

Chris laughed.

"This I have to see," he said, getting up, "Jonny with any kind of farm animal must be scary.

He was almost murdered by a sheep once."

"So I heard," she said.

Chris made his way out onto the porch and settled himself in one of the big rocking chairs.

As Mary had said, Jonny was standing by the corral gate watching the horses.

Miranda was standing with him.

They were laughing and talking.

For a second Chris was very afraid that she was flirting with Jonny.

Jonny didn't need that kind of complication in his life.

From all accounts his marriage was happy.

Chris wanted it to stay that way.

If Jonny was leaving his wife for anybody, Chris wanted to be that person.

Miranda caught sight of Chris on the porch and pointed him out to Jonny.

Jonny came walking over to Chris and sat down in a rocker beside him.

"She's nuts," Jonny told Chris.

"Yeah?" Chris said.

"She told me that Will and Guy are getting back together."

Chris stopped rocking and stared at Jonny.

"Really?" he asked, "That would be great if it was true."

"She says it's a done deal. She and Will are getting divorced."

"Well I guess everything worked out for the best after all," Chris said.

"Yeah, for everyone but the baby," Jonny said.

Chris spit out his mouthful of coffee.

"What baby?" he asked.

"Will and Miranda's little boy. That's the entire reason they got married. She was pregnant."

Triangle

Chapter 13

"Damn Guy, slow down," Will said, catching him by the arm.

Guy jerked his arm away.

"I'm fine," he said.

"You got thrown from a horse last night," Will said.

"Big fucking deal," Guy said, "It ain't the first time."

"What's wrong with you today?" Will asked, dropping a fence post in the newly dug hole.

"I'm trying to get some work done," Guy said.

"You seem pissed," Will said.

"Yeah? What makes you think that?" Guy asked, hammering the nail into the post with unneccesary force.

Will stepped back.

"I thought we were okay," he said.

"Oh you mean that little lapse in judgment last night?" Guy asked.

"Is that what it was to you?" Will asked.

Guy didn't look at him but kept hammering.

"I have to get this fence finished," he said.

"Screw the fence," Will said, grabbing his arm, "The cattle are in the other pastures for this week anyway. The fence

can wait."

Guy threw the hammer down and walked to the pile of posts.

"Go back to England," he told Will , "And take your wife with you."

"I told you we are getting divorced," Will said, "I love you."

"I don't trust you," Guy said, "And I don't want you around if I can't trust you."

"I told you that what happened with Miranda was just a momentary thing that got out of hand.

She was crying and I was trying to make her feel better and things got crazy."

"Is that what you call it?" Guy asked, "You slept with her....in our bed...and then...you married her."

Will looked down at the ground.

"I didn't love her," he said.

"Then why marry her?" Guy asked.

"Because she was pregnant," Will blurted out.

Guy felt like someone kicked him in the chest.

"What?" he asked.

"She was pregnant," Will said, "I thought it was the right thing to do."

"Where..... how.....what about the baby?" Guy asked, slowly.

"He is in Baltimore with Miranda's mother," Will said.

Guy walked back to Will and stared at him.

"You have a son....with her?" he said, quietly.

Will couldn't look at him.

He just nodded his head.

Guy slowly sank to his knees in the dry dust of the pasture and cried.

Triangle

Chapter 14

After dinner that night Jonny, Chris, Mary, Miranda and a few of the ranch hands were in the living room playing games and telling jokes.

Will was sitting alone on the porch.

Guy was alone in his room, reading.

They could both hear the laughter and happy voices coming from the others.

Jonny was able to sneak away from the revelry and make his way to Guy's room.

"Sit down," Guy told him, "Whiskey?" he asked, holding up the bottle.

"No," Jonny said.

"Sounds like a party down there," Guy told him.

"Yeah," Jonny said, "Will isn't down there either."

"I didn't ask about him," Guy said.

"But I know you were wondering," Jonny told him.

"Damn, Jonny, do you always know everything?" he asked.

"No," Jonny said, "But I do know that you and Will belong together."

Guy looked at him with sad eyes.

"He has a kid with her," he told Jonny, "They share something I can never share with him. Do you know how that feels?

Do you know how that hurts?"

"Yes," Jonny said, "I would give anything if I could share that with Chris, but I can't so I got married because I really want kids."

"How do you do it?" Guy asked, "The two of you....you keep up the friendship like you were never lovers."

"The alternative is not to have him in my life and that is unacceptable," Jonny said.

Another knock came at the door.

"Shit," Guy said, "Can't I get any peace and quiet?"

He opened the door to Miranda.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked.

"I was just leaving," Jonny said.

Guy shut the door behind him.

"What?" Guy asked.

"Will told me that you know everything," she said.

Guy shook his head.

"It seems like there is always something else I don't know."

"It was only one time," she told Guy, "Will and me."

"I can't listen to this," he said.

"You have to," she said, "You need to know. It didn't mean anything. And then I was going to have a baby and.."

"I know the rest," Guy said.

"He married me for the baby," she said, "He always only wanted you. You can't ruin your life and his because he made a mistake.

I know you love him and I know you don't want to see him suffer."

"Is that all?" he asked.

"No," she said, "I want you to forgive me."

Guy looked at her.

"I know you didn't do it on purpose," he said, "That's as close as I can get to forgiving you."

She smiled slightly.

"That is good enough," she said.

Triangle

Chapter 15

Guy found Will sitting on the porch.

"Everyone's been telling me what I should do," Guy told him.

"That I can believe with this bunch," Will said, smiling.

"Jonny says I should get over it."

"Jonny always was the smart one," Will said.

"Miranda says it was only one time and I should get past it."

"That's true," Will said, "There was no affair or relationship."

"I hate that the two of you share something that you and I can't," Guy said.

Will looked at him.

"Why does it matter?" he asked, "You and I share something that's only between us."

"What about the kid?" Guy asked.

"I would like him to be part of our lives and part of this ranch," Will said.

"And Miranda?"

"Well, obviously she would have to be in our lives in some way. She is his mother."

Guy looked out into the black night.

"It's been hell without you," he said, "I don't want it to be that way anymore."

"I want to come home," Will said.

"I want you to come home," Guy told him.

"Want to go for a drive?" Will asked.

Guy smiled.

He stood up and dug in his pocket for the truck keys.

"Here," he said, handing them to Will, "You drive."

Guy always liked to watch Will drive.

He loved the way his arm muscles moved when he shifted gears.

They were silent as they rode down the dark, dusty road.

The only sound was the wind whipping through the open windows.

Finally they arrived at their destination.

It was an old miner's cabin that they had found when they first bought the property.

They came here on special occasions and sometimes just to be alone.

"It looks like somebody has been here," Guy said, when they walked up, "the lantern is lit."

"Be careful," Will advised, "It could be a squatter or some other transient."

Guy opened the door.

The tiny little shack was filled with red roses.

"What the hell?" he asked.

"Do you like it?" Will asked.

"You did this?" Guy stammered.

Will nodded.

"But how did you know?" Guy asked.

"I didn't," Will confessed, "I just hoped."

"I love it," Guy said.

Triangle

Chapter 16

Will scooped up two handfuls of red rose petals and scattered them down Guy's naked body.

Guy smiled at him.

"They smell heavenly," he said.

"It's time to get up," Will said, placing soft little kisses along Guy's shoulder.

"I'm taking the day off," Guy said.

"I don't know about that," Will told him, "I know your boss. He's a bastard."

"He's a good kisser," Guy said.

"I've heard about people like you," Will teased, "Screwing the boss for special favors."

"Yeah?" Guy said, turning over and laying his head on Will's chest, "I've never gotten any special treatment."

"That's a real shame," Will said, "Maybe we can do something about that right now."

"Guess what?" Chris asked, when Guy and Will walked into the kitchen, "Jonny wants to ride a horse."

Guy turned to look at Jonny.

"Seriously?" he asked.

Jonny smiled and reached over to Guy.

"What exactly is this?" he asked, taking a rose petal out of Guy's dark hair.

"Nothing," Guy said, jerking it away from him.

Will turned away and poured a cup of coffee.

"Looks like a flower to me," Mary said, laughing.

"Anyway," Guy said, trying desperately to change the subject, "You want to ride a horse, Jonny?"

"Yeah," Jonny answered, "I think I made friends with one of them."

"And do you want to learn too?" Will asked, looking at Chris.

"Ha!" Mary said, "Neat freak, here, get near an animal. No way."

Then to Chris she said, "Come on honey we better get started."

"Started doing what?" Guy asked.

Chris jumped up and clapped his hands.

"She's teaching me to cook," he said.

"You can't cook," Will said, "You are lethal in the kitchen."

"I know that," Chris told him, "But the little aprons I get to wear are so cute. She's even going to make me one with my name on it."

Will and Guy looked at each other and shrugged.

"Just another day at the ranch," Guy said.

The end.

Alrighty then. New chapter. Tell me what you think!

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 3

I was thrilled. Boss wanted me to follow a celebrity, and four of them come up to me a minute later!

"Well, yeah, we are!" Chris said nodding. I had to think of what to say.

"I've heard about you guys. Congrats on the album's success!"

"Oh, thanks! We're touring this area, and we decided to just drive around for fun, y'know?"

"I see. Well, it was really sweet of you to check if I was okay. Would you... like to come over?"

Chris turned to Will. "Can we? Please?"

"Fine. But we can't stay too long. And no drinking. Remember the last time Guy played at a concert with a hangover?"

Chris shuddered.

"Wonderful," I grin. To get to my house, you just go through the bushes." I point to the junipers. Chris wrinkles his nose in disgust.

"Is that... the only way??"

"Well, no. But the other way takes a lot longer. We have to go this way."

Chris pouted. "Fine."

I walk into a narrow path between to large bushes.

"You might want to crawl!" I advised. At first, Chris seemed hesitant. But Will pushed him forward and he landed on top of me. I feel to the ground, on top of Chris. A calm, warming feeling spread through me. But then again, I hadn't talked to anyone but Boss in ages. Let alone have them atop of me.

Jonny crawled to us, helped Chris up, and we continued. Most of the warmth had gone, but some still lingered.

"Ugh! I have dirt all over me!" Chris whined.

"Suck it up," Will grunted.

Reaching the end of the passageway, I stood up, brushing debris off my old, worn jeans.

"We're here," I announced, motioning to a dirty shack. The band seemed a bit speechless, as if they didn't know what to say.

"It's not much, but it's has a homely feel to it," I joked, trying to banish the awkwardness of it all. I opened the door, stepping inside. There were three rooms in this house. The kitchen, the bedroom/bathroom, and, of course, my escape room. We had stepped inside the kitchen, where there was only a fridge, microwave, and a stove. A small table also sat in the room, accompanied by 5 stools around it.

"Home sweet home," I motioned for the band to come over. "Sit at the table, I'll get you some water." I head to the fridge, grab a few bottles of water, poured some glasses, and came to the boys. As I handed each band member a glass, I hummed this song I heard on the radio. It was about glasses of water. I smiled to myself at the coincidence. Sitting down, I take a sip and lean forward.

"So, um, after this, I'll be sure to give you a grand tour."

And then make sure I know where they're going, I added in my mind.

"...Sure!" Chris grinned. He seemed to be the most talkative out of the four. "Um, this is really nice."

I burst into laughter. "You don't have to lie. I know my house is shitty. What do you expect from someone who doesn't have a job?"

Silence.

"You don't have a job?" Cried inquired, incredulous. "That's terrible!"

"Meh, I guess."

"What do you mean, 'I guess'!? That's awful! What do you do to pass the time?"

"Well, since I'm jobless, I like to make art. I'm especially fond of designing and repairing close, and I'm great at visual effects," I explain. Chris's expression suddenly brightens, and he looks at me with a twinkle in his beautiful blue eyes.

"I know what you could do!"

"What?" I ask, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"You could work for us on tour!"

Sorry this chapter has a lot of dialogue and less action, once the story goes on, there will be more action.

I Looked Up at the Sky

Part 4

"Sorry I'm late," Guy said as he walked up to Will. Will had been waiting for him outside of a quiet, little cafe. "Traffic and all that good stuff."

"I thought you walked here."

"Well... I... had a hard time crossing the street 'cause of all the traffic?" Will gave him a look. "Fine, I got distracted by some hot girls who, by the way, happen to be single and available Friday night. Well, not anymore," he smugly added.

"Great. Let's go inside now, yeah? I think it's gonna rain soon." Will and Guy walked into the cafe. They chose a table to sit at, and ordered some food and drinks.

"I hope they don't mess up my order again," Guy said. "Last time I asked for the pizza and they gave me some disgusting looking-"

"What did you ask me here for?" Will interrupted. He had been in the middle of watching The Notebook when Guy called him, and he really wanted to finish watching it. He wasn't going to tell Guy that, of course.

"I did something."

"You do a lot of things. Was it something bad?" Guy shook his head. "Good, then?"

"Very good. Potentially wonderful, in fact."

"Can you just cut to the chase, please?"

"I told Jonny," Guy said.

"Told Jonny what?"

"About Chris."

"No way. What happened?"

"OK, so after our little jam session yesterday, he was walking home, I caught up with him and told him."

"And...?" Will asked.

"And he didn't believe me. Sounded like he was in denial or something."

"How is any of that potentially wonderful?"

"Because he was just afraid I was lying to him! I didn't exactly manage to convince him that I wasn't, but I got him to admit that he loves Chris."

"I knew it!" Will exclaimed.

"It was obvious. I mean, did you see them yesterday?" Guy asked. "Flirt City."

"Yeah, and you would know."

"Haha, oh, you're so funny, Will," Guy sarcastically replied. "So anyway, maybe he'll finally come 'round and realise that I'm telling the truth."

"I hope so. Those two really need each other."

"Or maybe Chris will finally tell him."

"I doubt it, that kid wouldn't even have the balls to tell some random stranger he loved them," Will said, and Guy shrugged.

"I guess we could always intervene again. But really, something has to happen. And when it does, I will be so happy."

"That's a little weird."

"No, it's not. It's not weird to be happy for your friends. Plus, they are so cute together. And you know you love the man-love, you can't deny it."

"They are cute together," Will agreed. Guy looked down at his hands.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to find someone like that?" he quietly asked.

"Someone to be the Chris to your Jonny?" Will laughed.

"Will, I'm serious. People think I'm great with the ladies, but," he frowned, "I haven't had a real girlfriend in ages. You've got... what's-her-face, and Chris and Jonny will have each other one of these days. But me- I'm alone."

"Guy, you'll find someone. You've got that date Friday, right? Make the most of it."

"Thanks." Guy looked out the window. Will had been right; it was pouring now. The dark sky reflected his somber mood. Even though his friend's words were thoughtful, they didn't help. Guy just couldn't stop thinking that he'd always be alone.

Wow! Three chapters in a day! Now let's make that four. :D

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 4

"You can work for us on tour!" As soon as Chris said his, I spurted out my water all over Chris, who sat right across from me, and the rest of the band got a nice spray too. I couldn't believe it! So much luck!

"Er, is that a yes?" Chris asked, soaking wet.

"Of course!" I cried. "But... what... what would I do!?"

"Well, you're good at wardrobe stuff. You can help Tiff, the main wardrobe lady, out with stuff. She's been whining about how much she has to do lately. And when you're not doing that, we also would love it if you could help out some roadies on the visual stuff."

"Certainly!" I reply. "But... where would I go for an interview?"

"We're Coldplay! We can get you a job in a second!" Chris chuckled.

"Chris, we just nearly killed, went to her house, and now you want her to have a job on tour?" Will asked, his voice skeptical.

"Well... yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"You just met her, you muppet!"

"Well, at least I don't start having intense sex sessions minutes after I meet girls! We're not living in a fucking fanfiction!"

Guy glared at Chris. "Was that comment directed to me?!"

"Maybe!" Chris snapped.

"Well, at least I don't flirt with guys or read fanfiction! You're such a poof, Chris!"

"You're both so immature!" Will screeched.

"Shut up, you muppet!" Chris and Guy yelled back.

"EVERYONE! SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!" Jonny roared. He had been silent until now.

"Yes Jonny," Chris whimpered. Everyone else rolled their eyes. Feeling as if I was invisible, I quietly cleared my throat.

Chris immediately embraced me. "I'm so sorry I yelled! I hope I didn't scare you! I'm such an ass!" he moaned.

"It's okay, it's okay," I reassured him. "I'm just curious how I'll get to the place you're staying at."

Chris brightened, letting me go. "You're so nice! Well, if you want, we can sleep over."

"Sleep over?"

"Yeah. Then, the next morning, you pack up and leave with us!"

"That sounds wonderful!"

"Brilliant! But, we'd have to leave for a moment to get some stuff ready for a sleep-over. Don't worry about anything, leave it all to us."

"Sleepover?"

"Yes! We stay over, and the next morning, we drive you to the hotel we're staying at."

"That's... so kind of you," I breathed.

"Too kind," Will muttered under his breath.

"Shut up, Will! This'll be fun! We, Will, and Jonny can go, but Guy will try here," Chris explained.

"That'll work," I nod.

Chris grinned, jumped out of his seat, and ran outside. Will and Jonny followed. For a moment, Chris's head popped out of the doorway.

"We go straight through the bushes, right?" he asked.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Good. Oh, and Guy, try not to fuck Kira while we're gone."

And he was gone.

Amy really wanted another chapter, so I must obey her commands.

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 5- Part 1

Home. Alone. Well, with a gorgeous guy who happens to be named Guy. I turn to his stunning face.

"Um, I'll be getting ready for bed. It's 11, and I want to get up early."

"Go ahead," Guy nodded. He had the cutest accent. Scottish? Sounded like it. Wait, what was I thinking? I needed to get ready! I ran to my room, gently closing the door. I take a look at myself in the wall-size mirror. My dark chocolate hair hair somewhat ruffled, and my clothes hunt loose on my body. I have curves, but lately I've having trouble getting food. My face had some acne, but it was okay. I didn't need to bleach, pluck, or wax tonight. I had bags underneath my golden amber eyes, but that was okay. I took of my short and jeans, leaving nothing but my bra and panties. I was about to remove that when I noticed my camera, lying on my bed. I sit down and took a look at the pictures. They were blurry. I deleted them all, disgusted with myself. I was about to stand up and change again when I heard someone open the door.

"Hey Kira, I was just wondering if-" Guy immediately stopped as he saw me. I was in nothing but my panties, camera in hand.

Let's see what happens!

Tell Me Your Secrets

Chapter 5- Part 2

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry..." Guy began.

I held up my hand. "No need to apologize. I should've warned you."

"Oh, thanks." Guy walked over. "Mind if I sit?"

"Um... I'm in my panties," I reminded him.

"I'm used to that," he responded, flashing a gorgeous smile.

Damn, I thought. This guy- er, Guy- is fiiiine.

I laughed nervously.

"Could I see your camera?" Guy asked.

"Sure. But there are no pictures."

"That's okay."

"It's a cheap-ass camera," I tell him.

"I know," he says.

I flash Guy a look of annoyance. He shrugs sheepishly. "It's the truth."

Just then, the door opened.

"Guy, you in here- GUY! What did I tell you about fucking girls you barely know!?" Will snapped, shaking his head in exasperation.

Sorry, it's short. I'll write more! :)