August 5, 200917 yr I'm putting this thread here but I'm sure it's in the wrong section... Can a mod move it to the right place? anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows what the black "Viva la Vida"/"Coldplay" guitar picks are used for? A roadie handed me three of them at the end of the concert last night, and while the boys clearly don't use them (they're pretty flimsy), they've definitely been used... They look like this: :shrug:
August 5, 200917 yr Some "flimsy" picks are just thin ones (they come in thin, medium, and thick). Or maybe they are used for practicing/soundchecks.
August 5, 200917 yr Some "flimsy" picks are just thin ones (they come in thin, medium, and thick). Or maybe they are used for practicing/soundchecks. QFT.
August 5, 200917 yr maybe they use it sometimes... just for fun... honestly, i don't think that they're so picky and take their time during a concert to pick a particular pick (i am overdoing it a little bit, am i not? ;D )
August 6, 200917 yr I'm really fussy about my picks. I need thick to play electric and thin for acoustic.
August 6, 200917 yr Maybe it comes from Chris'/Jonny's microphone stand? Like in this pic: http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/5010mics-a26a482d6c97967ce632bf6e0f237efb.jpg PS: (In my opinion) the best guitar pick is Dunlop Jazz III (small version). :thumbsup:
August 8, 200917 yr i prefer the green dunlop tortex .88mm or thin & thick stainless steel (dunno the brand, nothing written on the pick), they will never be worn off... also: i like to file the picks back to normal shape, if they have been used too much... i even make them a little edgier... works pretty well....
Create an account or sign in to comment