✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beatles Box Set

lovers.in.nj

I am planning on buying the remastered box set soon. What is the difference between the mono and stereo and which one is better? Is it worth getting the mono even though it's more expensive?

i'd go with stereo hands down... i don't understnad why someone would buy mono honestly.

Mono basically is the same exact thing heard in both ears (vocals, drums, guitar, bass, everything).

Stereo has certain instruments pan to different sides. I prefer stereo so much more

Guest howyousawtheworld
I am planning on buying the remastered box set soon. What is the difference between the mono and stereo and which one is better? Is it worth getting the mono even though it's more expensive?

If you're going to be listening to it through your ipods GET THE MONO SET! With stereo you only get certain sounds coming out of one ear plug. Like you'll be listening to one song and there will only be singing going into one ear whilst the other ear provides the music. It can get quite irritating. Look up Sgt Pepper mono on youtube through your earphones and then listen to the stereo version and compare the two.

Yes it's expensive and you don't get the final couple of albums with it and Yellow Submarine, because they were intended to be recorded in stereo but it is what The Beatles wanted you to hear. Music coming out of both speakers - not one. I myself have asked for the mono box set for Christmas despite having a few of the new stereo versions. Mono is best and sounds devastating going into both ears!

Stick your headphones in my friend and compare the two! First one is mono, second one is stereo. Heck you might find stereo the best, but I personally prefer mono a lot more!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOTBL9dThOI]YouTube- THE BEATLES SGT PEPPER LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND REMASTER MONO PART1.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37XuR_q9Tk]YouTube- 01 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles Remastered (2009) Sgt. PLHCB [stereo][/ame]