✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Can anyone shed any light on this guitar

fakfak

I was looking through the wembley photos and found one of Jon playing a red thinline tele:

20090919fel57.jpg

I've never seen this one used by him in any other clip/photo. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it as it is a a strange color of red, and I think it's cool looking...

"fakfak just curious why do you always quote people like that instead of using the quote feature?"

It's just what I'm used to from another forum I post in where that is the board ettiquette(sp) for quoting someone. I post so much there, I tend to do it that way everywhere else.

"fakfak just curious why do you always quote people like that instead of using the quote feature?"

It's just what I'm used to from another forum I post in where that is the board ettiquette(sp) for quoting someone. I post so much there, I tend to do it that way everywhere else.

Okay.

or strange reflections from his former brown tele? (it isn't brown, according to fender, it's crimson red, that's what made me think that way...)

or just a re-finished tele thin with a red colour (candy apple red, hot rod red, fiesta red, ... but rather hot rod than the others)

I thought it might be reflections too, but I did a youtube search for that gig and the guitar itself looks red.

On an off topic note, I've actually bought a guitar from the shop Stephan took the photo from, as it's near where I live. Strange of all the places you could've found a photo from it was from there!

I thought it might be reflections too, but I did a youtube search for that gig and the guitar itself looks red.

On an off topic note, I've actually bought a guitar from the shop Stephan took the photo from, as it's near where I live. Strange of all the places you could've found a photo from it was from there!

That sounds cool, what guitar did you get?:)

"what song was he playing then"

I've found clips of him playing this guitar for the scientist at the wembley 9/19 gig, though he may have also used it for other songs as well.

"That sounds cool, what guitar did you get?"

My first "vintage" guitar, a mid 70's thinline tele:D

"mid 70's thinline! Wow! you have pictures?"

I'm between digi cams at the moment, so no...:cry:

However, they usually add the vintage guitars they sell to the recently sold tab on their website (they asked my permission for this), so I will scan through those and see if they posted the one I bought.

"I assume that's what Jonny did. Looks like he's using that one for the scientist?"

I would assume it's a respray as well, it just looks like some kind of weird mettalic red, as opposed to the more common red finishes people usually use on fenders (hotrod, fiesta, candy apple, and candy cola)...