✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will LP5 be as influenced by Arcade Fire as VLV was?

And just because Arcade Fire are not your favourite band (Coldplay), just disregarding all other current music and pretending Coldplay are so way beyond it all is just kind of silly.

I just LOLed really hard, and then clapped. I'm not sure the last time I have had that reaction to a Coldplaying post.

Coldplay are most definitely influenced by Arcade Fire. Whether or not that means their music shows similarity is up for debate, but every musician is influenced by others.

I hope they influence them not to wear those god awful uniforms next time around.

while i think its kind of stupid to act like coldplay were stealing a lot of arcade fire ideas, i also think its stupid to affect their influence.

but yet again, arcade fire made waves with funeral like few bands had done. they have influenced probably thousands of artists. most of which we'll never know about.

coldplay obviously also worked with markus. so yeah. pretty obvious that there would be some overlap in production sound.

all this said, let's please come to terms with the fact that coldplay in NO WAY ripped off arcade fire with the Viva la Vida sessions, tour, etc. they are two very different bands. two very good bands in my opinion. but two very different bands.

• 6 months later...
while i think its kind of stupid to act like coldplay were stealing a lot of arcade fire ideas, i also think its stupid to affect their influence.

but yet again, arcade fire made waves with funeral like few bands had done. they have influenced probably thousands of artists. most of which we'll never know about.

coldplay obviously also worked with markus. so yeah. pretty obvious that there would be some overlap in production sound.

all this said, let's please come to terms with the fact that coldplay in NO WAY ripped off arcade fire with the Viva la Vida sessions, tour, etc. they are two very different bands. two very good bands in my opinion. but two very different bands.

wow best band ever most influential record of the century wow all hail the arcade fire and its awesome awesomeness

we all know that viva la vida was the most influential record of all time! :angry: