✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

In the DC area? Help the Haitian Embassy! (not in the area? you should still volunteer :P)

notlost92

Hey everyone!

I spent all afternoon helping with the donation drive at the Haitian Embassy. It was crowded, wet, and absolutely chaotic but very rewarding! Hundreds of us volunteers packed thousands upon thousands of donations into bags and boxes, and loaded them into U-Hauls to continue their journey to Haiti :nice:

I talked to some coordinators, and they're probably going to need help with these donations for a while. They basically told me that if I dropped by anytime, I could help out. So if any of you live in the DC area and have spare time (*COUGH* tomorrow is MLK day, a national holiday, and seeing as it's supposed to be a day of service... *COUGH*), you should see about helping out as well :nice: The address is 2311 Mass Ave NW.

Also, these are the donations that they're requesting:

baby formula (dry/powder), baby wipes, baby bottles, diapers, baby clothes, toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste), hand sanitizer, vitamins, first aid kits, over the counter medicines, socks, blankets, mosquito repellent, flashlights, batteries, candles, flip flops, T-shirts, pants, lightweight jackets, and non-perishable food items not in cans.

Even if you don't live in the DC area, everyone should look into what donation drives are happening near them. Like I said, tomorrow is supposed to be a day of service, so honor that by helping Haiti!

If anyone's curious, here are a couple of hasty pictures that I took today at the drive:

downsized0117001556.jpg

downsized0117001542.jpg

downsized0117001535.jpg