✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When coldplay is playing, what's playing in your head? p.1

JekuRot

I had an idea that may help the community connect a bit more. Maybe this type of thing has been done before, but I’m new here so sue me!

This first post will be entitled with a Coldplay song (We can make more if this one takes off at all). I'm going insert some paragraphs at the end of the subject post, to hide the replies. This is only until you post an untainted (meaning, you have not read others feelings before posting your own) message describing the unique emotions, connection, whatever that comes along with the featured melody, when you listen to it.

For the first, I’m choosing a personal favorite;

Coldplay – Amsterdam

Jeku's outlook - Amsterdam

This song makes my heart beat at an unsteady pace. I guess I’ve gone through the same shit that most do when they grow up, but this song brings it all home. Since high school, & a sloppy divorce between the parents, I grew some wings & flew away. I’ve been moving around from place to place, taking what I can from every situation & learning from every mistake. I now spend my days back where I started, a few years older, maybe more mature, but still lost & on my own.

I now yearn for a companion. Of course I still have good friends & family contacts, but I feel the need for something more. A girl friend, my soul mate, someone new that’s willing to take the time to hear my story & open up enough to let me hear theirs. I am a true believer, that to keep a healthy relationship, both people need to be strong & confident; then together they can achieve greater heights from a bright aura that’s created between them. If you don’t have this, one person’s problems becomes the others, and the two together will have trouble progressing like a good relationship should. This is what I’ve seen in past relationships of my own & in others.

I am not together, but I want to be. This song sheds light on my situation, & makes me believe that maybe I’m more complete than I think, and the only piece of the pie missing (or most of it) is someone special & honest to share my life with.

I need someone to love.

The lyrics may indicate a different message to most, but this is how it hits me. I look forward to reading other's outlooks!

Nice idea this thread, that's what i wanted to say first ;)

I guess my emotions aren't THAT different between, the most coldplay songs, but there are some lil differences, well though I'll describe mine for Amsterdam.

Like every Coldplay song I'm depressed while listening, but this is one special, theres this part "time is on your side, is on your side..." at this moment I have to think of one girl and it's really like, when this theme appears I've got her face on my mind.

And I get even more depressed anyway. (thats why I think coldplay-song emotions don't change that much for me)

Nice thread :o

It totally depends on the song though, for example with Spies my mind is extremly empty (even emptier then normal).

With Clocks it makes me think of the clip.

When I'm listening to Everything's not lost I think of myself being depressed and lighting up again.

There's many more but I can't really think of 'em now.

Yeah I know what you mean.

If I need something fast I always put on clocks, or if i'm feeling depressed or wateva i'll put on Everything's Not Lost

And if i'm in a lovey dovey mood (which you DON'T want to see!), i'll put on The Scientist.

When I got home from this forgettable party just before (which I won't go into..for your sakes :P )...I needed to relax..and my relaxing song is Sparks, so i just put that on and i'm fine now :D

So I guess it just depends on what mood your in :)

*sorry for making everyone listen to my stupid post*

Nice idea this thread, that's what i wanted to say first ;)

I guess my emotions aren't THAT different between, the most coldplay songs, but there are some lil differences, well though I'll describe mine for Amsterdam.

Like every Coldplay song I'm depressed while listening, but this is one special, theres this part "time is on your side, is on your side..." at this moment I have to think of one girl and it's really like, when this theme appears I've got her face on my mind.

And I get even more depressed anyway. (thats why I think coldplay-song emotions don't change that much for me)

Wow im alike in some way, im depressed while listening to their music too....

But the song makes me think of many things, I got this cd (AROBTTH) in the fall after my birthday ( WHICH IS COMING UP *cough cough*), i think of the winter, and the first boy I was Ever Madly in love with!!

*but time is on your side...* :smug:

spies makes me feel like i could throw everything away and be completely happy it reminds me of moody rainy skies and hopping in rain puddles it makes me paranoid and creative. it makes me want a hug. its completely liberating and free and melodic perfection. it makes me want to live in a home with a fireplace and books and moody weather(but its nice inside) it makes me want to drive not knowing where i am going.

Coldplay always makes me happy, but i guess that's just cos when i started to listen to em, i was in a pretty depressing stage of my life... like, thinking that it was all shite and life was not worth living at all. :( So, in some weird day from my boring life, i heard 2 cp songs, trouble and yellow, and somewhow, they cheered me up a lot! so, then i finally got their album. After hearing it for like, 5 times, i was a different person, not pissed with everything anymore. so yeah, since the day that i bought parachutes, i always listen to cp when i need to cheer up.

So... i dont' really know what's playing in my head when i listen to coldpaly, but i bet it's something really good! :)

Before having the big fortune of seeing them live in Mexico City (twice!), everytime I listened to Amsterdam I thought "what a wonderful band.." "that guy (Chris Martin) is awesome" ...I don't know how to explain it...Chris's voice sounds like he's feeling what he is singing and it transmits that vibe to the person that is listening...in my opinion ,specially in that song; it's just a beautiful song...and when I listened to it I thought "That guy is the best" :lol: I don't know why, when "A rush of blood to the head" is over , my admiration for the band seems to grow.

And after seeing them live, everytime I listen to it, I remember how I felt in the concerts (specially in the first one)...I remember I heard the piano and I just froze....I couldn't move, I was soo excited! It was the last song, and the crowd went completely crazy...and when I could finally move I sang with all my heart..It was fantastic...and now everytime I listen to Amsterdam , I feel as happy as I did in the concerts (but in smaller proportions) :D