✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Baby Factory' mother has 14th child taken into care

mc_squared

'Baby Factory' mother has 14th child taken into care

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 3:50 PM on 10th February 2010

article-1249961-05E24572000005DC-729_233x696.jpg 'Baby factory': Theresa Winters has seen all her 14 children taken into care

A mother of 14 who has seen all of her children taken into care has today revealed she has had a contraceptive implant fitted in a bid to win them back.

Dubbed the ‘human baby factory’ Theresa Winters last year defiantly vowed to continue having babies until she was allowed to keep one.

However, the 37-year-old has now pledged to stop reproducing to prove to social services that she can be trusted to look after her children, who were taken away over fears of neglect.

Ms Winters and partner Toney Housden, also 37, saw their 14 baby, a boy, handed to a temporary guardian just a week after he was born in November.

She stormed out of the five-minute hearing in tears but has now said the ruling sparked her decision to get a contraceptive implant a week later.

Despite four children being diagnosed with disabilities, Ms Winters smoked throughout all her pregnancies.

One son died of rare brain condition Pheo Syndrome at 18 months old.

Ms Winters has been expecting every year of her adult life except 2004 and lives in a one-bedroom council flat with Toney in Luton, Bedfordshire. They receive benefits totalling over £1,000 a month.

Now she has pledged to take the first step to reuniting her family by trying to contact her eldest child who will turn 18 in August.

Ms Winters said: ‘I've decided I'm not having any more.

‘I've had an implant put in to stop me getting pregnant.

‘I can't have kids for three years but I can have it taken out. It's not worth it, having your kids taken away from you.

‘Ive been called every name under the sun and we want the end of it. I just want it all to lie and rest.’

Ms Winters slammed social services, claiming she and Toney were ‘treated like murderers’ after the birth of their fourteenth child.

She said: ‘He was a gorgeous little boy.

‘I came out and he stayed in hospital. We weren't allowed there without a social worker being present.

‘He was given a temporary guardian - some random person we'd never met before.

‘We met her in court for five minutes and that's the end of it, no appeal. It was a case of here we go again.

‘I was angry, I was annoyed and I was crying. Nobody helps us.

‘They're saying we've got these problems and we need help but social services should pay for our counselling.’

Tragedy almost struck in December when the six-week-old baby boy contracted meningitis and the couple were allowed to visit him at Luton and Dunstable hospital.

But he pulled through and is now still living with his guardian.

Ms Winters said she would now put all her efforts into finding her eldest daughter, who she last saw in 1995 when the tot was just two years old.

She added: ‘My concentration will be on finding her. I don't know where she is and the last photo I had of her was when she was four.

‘I won't give up on any of them. It's long shot but if I catch up with my kids they'll know the truth. All of my children are going to be told the truth.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249961/Baby-Factory-mother-14th-child-taken-care.html#ixzz0fA2alvQW