✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VLV and Romanticism

roquejose

Hi all,don't know if someone has already commented it,but I believe VLV is a romanticism album (18th century),first because the Delacroix paint Liberty Leading the People is romantic,then some lyrics and song names (like 42,COL,DAAHF,LIT,Prospekt's March,Violet Hill,etc); and Postcards have some romanticism style too,perhaps neoromanticism.

So what do you think,could it be inspired in the music of Chopin, Beethoven, Schumann...and the style/philosophy of that period?

Best Regards,

Roque.

PS: Today is the 200th birthday of Chopin.

Considering the romantic movement ended in the 19th century, its just a cover for god's sake and there's nothing remotely classical, chopin-esque or even unique about the musical composition of songs on VLV...no.

(I'm not saying Chris Martin doesn't listen to or couldn't be inspired be chopin, beethoven etc., or that there isn't a theme of color and painting running through its artwork and songs. But objectively speaking, there is no realistic comparison you can make between the album and 19th century romantic classical music, you're reading WAY too far into it.)

Considering the romantic movement ended in the 19th century, its just a cover for god's sake and there's nothing remotely classical, chopin-esque or even unique about the musical composition of songs on VLV...no.

(I'm not saying Chris Martin doesn't listen to or couldn't be inspired be chopin, beethoven etc., or that there isn't a theme of color and painting running through its artwork and songs. But objectively speaking, there is no realistic comparison you can make between the album and 19th century romantic classical music, you're reading WAY too far into it.)

You're right,but I said it because of the repeated means to death,cemeteries,tragic love,buries...It has to be with the philosophy and ideas from that era.

Sorry,I meant 19th century (althought the period started in 1770 with the Sturm und Drang).

excuse me but do you even know what Romanticism is?

Almost all art today is some sort of offspring of Romanticism anyway to be honest, there is just utterly NOTHING about the instrumentation, emotional feel, or what have you of VLV that specifically suggests the Romantic movement any more so than any art today (that is just with an emphasis on feelings because almost all art has that now)

Also,I heard in an interview that Chris said VLV was inspired in Les Miserables,a romantic novel.

Coldplaying rule #1: Don't listen to what Chris says :rolleyes:

excuse me but do you even know what Romanticism is?

Almost all art today is some sort of offspring of Romanticism anyway to be honest, there is just utterly NOTHING about the instrumentation, emotional feel, or what have you of VLV that specifically suggests the Romantic movement any more so than any art today (that is just with an emphasis on feelings because almost all art has that now)

What I thought when I first read this post :nice:

Album is generally communistic, at least because Delacroix and Kalo were communists.

And Chopin's ghost I can hear only in Postcards, so he wasn't main influention

I'd say more revolution than communism, that's whats considered the theme for the album :thinking: but I didn't know that about Delacroix and Khalo.