✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

front row tickets

Kold

I went to see Coldplay at one show (wouldve gone to three more but I could only afford one at the time), and I had my ticket nine months in advance of the show. When I bought my ticket front row seats were STILL not available, yet after I bought my ticket some of frontmost seats were cleared up - If I want front row seats next time or to be in the pit, when would the best time be to buy those seats?

• 3 weeks later...

My sister and I were in front row (pit) for the Mansfield show. We had originally bought tickets in section 7 like months in advance. But about a month before the show my sis checked again and bought tickets for the pit and we sold the other ones. From what I understand, the front seats are reserved for guests of the band/crew etc but once they have their reservations in, the what's left opens up. A couple years ago I had lawn seats to a concert and the DAY OF the concert I went to the box office early and got seats within the first 10 rows because they had been released that day (bc they weren't needed by the bands/crew). The only advice I can give is to just keep checking, because we certainly didn't get them too far in advance.

• 1 month later...

The first 3-4 rows are usually reserved by the band and roadies give them away at the show for the true fans. I myself got upgraded from the stands to 4th row on the ramp last year.

I talked to a roadie knowing he could upgrade me, I talked about Phil and Matt and told him of the other shows I had went to. He came back 20 minutes later.

• 1 month later...

Ditto on what everyone else said. I've never had first row spots unless I bought a cheap GA ticket and waited it out in the line (which have all been worth it, mind you). But for the shows with seats, I always bought the tickets ahead of time for a pretty penny, just so I can have them in advance before the show. The most I'd pay is a few hundred dollars for two seats, but I know a lot of artists who go WAY beyond them. I've never checked Coldplay out for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were one of those acts.

That being said, I've learned from experience that a second or fourth row seat is pretty much the same as a first row one. So if you ever do buy them elsewhere and it's a lot cheaper that way, I'd say go for it. At the Coldplay show I went to last summer, I paid $150 for a seventh row seat on the floor, only to be told it wasn't there in the end. However, the company was nice enough to give me a second row seat on the non-floor section second-closest to the stage, which I accepted. Great seat in itself, especially when the band came to play on the ramp later on in the show!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been front row before, no issue really, I just was first in Queue for tickets. I think that that is a selfish suggestion tbh. Nothing justifies us as being "Coldplays greatest fans" anymore than the people have no account here, yet still listen, and love the band. Everyone deserves that feeling of being inches away from your heroes.