✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Looks like a bird fight. tweet tweet

Julie

Demi Moore gets into Twitter row with Kim Kardashian

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1261581/Demi-Moore-gets-Twitter-row-Kim-Kardashian.html#ixzz0jcZRjwsd

By GEORGINA LITTLEJOHN

Last updated at 11:00 PM on 29th March 2010

Comments (132)

Add to My Stories

She takes to her Twitter page on a daily basis to spread some cheer among her 2.6million followers.

But last night, Demi Moore used the social networking site to take a pop at fellow prolific tweeter, Kim Kardashian.

The 47-year-old actress took offence when the reality TV star, 29, captioned a picture on her page using the words 'Big pimpin''.

article-1261581-08EAB743000005DC-54_468x456.jpg row: Kim Kardashian (in red) poses with celebrity friends (left to right) DJ La La Vazquez, tennis star Serena Wiliams and singer Kelly Rowland. The 'big pimpin' caption caused Demi Moore to furiously react

Kardashian had just been to a glitzy charity event in Miami and was eager to show her Twitter fans a picture of herself mingling with her celebrity friends.

The snap, which appears to have been taken on a mobile phone, shows her posed up with singer Kelly Rowland, tennis star Serena Wiliams and DJ La La Vazquez.

She posted the picture and then added a message, which read: 'Big pimpin w @SerenajWilliams @LaLaVazquez @Kelly_Rowland Love u girls!'

Feminist crusade: Demi reacted to Kardashian's 'pimpin' comment in a series of fiery tweets

But Demi disapproved of Kardashian's choice of word and asked her: 'Are you using the word "pimpin" as in pimping?', to which Kardashian replied: 'Doesn't everyone? LOL.'

Demi then replied: 'No disrespect I love a girls night out but a pimp and pimping is nothing more than a slave owner!'

More...

Kim Kardashian fuels split rumours by posting sexy pictures on Twitter

One of Demi's followers suggested that Kardashian probably used the term in a young, 'cool' way.

But Demi, who has herself come under fire from feminists for her role in Indecent Proposal and Striptease, was undeterred in her crusade and saidarticle-1261581-08EAA9BD000005DC-530_468x435.jpg people needed to stop 'glorifying the pimp culture'.

Calm before the storm: Kardashian at the I Heart My Girlfriends charity launch before causing a stir with her Twitter comment

Offended: Demi, snapped in Los Angeles last week, hit out at Kardashian

Another follower suggested: 'She doesn't mean it quite so literally', to which Demi said: 'It's not her! we have allowed it 2 B considered cool, but it still is what it is!'

Kardashian then stepped in to defend her own comment, explaining: 'Nothing wrong with dancing to Big Pimpin' by Jay Z in the club! Having a girls night out, gotta love that song!'

The track was a single from the popular rapper's 1999 studio album, Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter.

Demi eventually seemed to climb down from the top of her proverbial high horse and explained that she was just trying to make a point.

And she said that while she had caused a stir, she was merely wanting to 'provoke thought and conversation'.

The discussion over Kim's choice of words started after she posted the picture up, which was taken at the launch of Kelly Rowland's new charity, I Heart My Girlfriends, which will serve as an interactive support system for teenage girls.

The former Destiny's Child star looked stunning in a floor-length flowing mink dress as she arrived for the launch, which took place in Miami, Florida last night.

She was joined by Kardashian, who looked a vision in a short red dress and tennis champion Serena Williams, who looked chic in a short black sequinned skirt and white sleeveless blouse.

And despite her row with Kardashian, Demi was praised for using her Twitter page just over a week ago after she managed to stop a user from committing suicide.

She and My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos responded to a message from a young man who was threatening to kill himself.

As Demi retweeted the message in an attempt to get her 2.6million followers to help, Nia called a suicide hotline which lead to police going to the man's house and intervening.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1261581/Demi-Moore-gets-Twitter-row-Kim-Kardashian.html#ixzz0jcZJ1CM6

You've got it wrong! Demi Moore is so awesome, she's going to save the world and get rid of hundreds of years of racial prejudice through the medium of Twitter. See people think that she's on Twitter all the time 'cause she has no life and is a shit actor but it's not, it's 'cause she's AWESOME and is out to save the world. I love you so much Demi. Have my babies x