✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Nuts!!

mc_squared

Cheeky chipmunk has his hands (and mouth) full storing nuts after awaking from hibernation

By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 8:29 AM on 24th May 2010

This greedy chipmunk bites off more than he can chew as he stuffs his cheeks during a nut feast.

His eyes were bigger than his mouth as he optimistically crams nuts in.

Before long the monkey nuts start to spill out and the cheeky chipmunk has to scamper off to store the hoard.

article-1280781-09B6EBA7000005DC-563_468x453.jpg Mouthful: The chipmunk struggles to fit a single nut in its mouth

However, it was not long before he came back to plunder the rest of the feed.

Business analyst Lori Deiter leaves the nuts out as a treat for several chipmunks that run up to her garden door in Pennsylvania, in the U.S.

She said: 'I can open my glass patio door and they come right up to me and take nuts out of my hand. We actually have more than one chipmunk that comes to our back door for nuts, but we call all them Chippy because we can't tell them apart.

article-1280781-09B6EBB1000005DC-461_468x358.jpg Cheeky: Many of the chipmunks can carry up to three nuts at a time, but this one struggled with a solitary nut

'The most nuts the chipmunk ever got into its mouth was three, one in each cheek and one in the front teeth. They love peanuts and hazelnuts. They usually fill their cheeks to capacity and run off to store them somewhere.

'Sometimes it takes them a minute or two to rearrange their cheeks so they can squeeze in as much as possible.

'I tell everyone soon we'll soon be growing peanuts here because I don't know where they bury everything. Although, my brother-in-law lives next door and over the winter he found a huge stash of peanuts in his garage.

'I'm always happy to see them in the spring after they have come out of hibernation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1280781/Cheeky-chipmunk-hands-mouth-storing-nuts.html#ixzz0opjoEIKj