• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jady

• Prince Myshkin

• Mrs.Chatterbox

• Crests

Good evening Carol,

I can see why you are disappointed at the match between France and Uruguay.

I heard that France, Uruguay and even Argentina were in danger of not qualifying for the World Cup - France had to play extra matches against Ireland to qualify - and that by one dubious goal.

The match was imo disappointing. I did not see the opening match between Mexico and South Africa, but understood that it was much more exciting. I saw some highlights of that match. But it has been seen before that a major football nation plays one or two bad matches at the beginning of World Cup or for instance the European Championship, but ends up in the final often winning the World Cup / the European Championship.

I doubt that France or Uruguay makes it to the finals, but never say never ...

I am fine, thank you.

I was attending the funeral service. The daughter of the deceased (who was a very good friend of my late parents) invited those present to coffee in her home. I talked to several very nice people.

After coming home I watched a terrible "The Weakest Link" with some PinUps / babes. It was a "The Weakest Link, special" where the winner gives away the amount won to some charity. But the participants were afraid of voting off one of the babes because that one was said to be having a bad temper and being hysterical - this one was very bad at knowing the answers meaning that not much money was won for charity. It is a rule that the weakest link is to be voted off, but the weakest link in this game was in the final, where she lost! I saw that disappointing match between France and Uruguay. I saw some highlights from the opening match between South Africa and Mexico - it was far more exciting and ended 1-1.

What about your day, Carol?

I have watched the football match between France and Uruguay (- it was so boring - ) and then prepared and posted articles on the humanitarian thread in relation to natural disasters. I am soon going to bed - around 2 o'clock - here it is almost 1:40 o'clock.

My name is Erika. :nice:

Mew is Danish. :P

And no, I don't really like French. But I like how chien orange sounds :wacko:

SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE FRENCH ! :lol:

It's true, it's kinda funny how it sounds, even for french people ! :D

Well, Carol - I'll be back tomorrow.

And I will probably also watch England vs. USA to find out the strength of these two national football teams.

I happen to know that MEW is a popular Danish band. Mew's latest album was no. 1 in the charts for 2 weeks, and it's title was a four-liner.

Well, Carol - I'll be back tomorrow.

And I will probably also watch England vs. USA to find out the strength of these two national football teams.

I happen to know that MEW is a popular Danish band. Mew's latest album was no. 1 in the charts for 2 weeks, and it's title was a four-liner.

This game is tomorrow or next week ?

What does the song Chien orange by Mew significated and what are the lyrics ?

I'm curious ! :P

No more stories Are told today I'm sorry They washed away No more stories The world is grey I'm tired Let's wash away.

Yes - a title very easy to remember, eh? ;)

And for your information - in case you do not already know - Mew's Jonas Bjerre and Coldplay's Guy Berryman and Aha's Magne have formed the band Apparatjik.