✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Synthesizers...

Deadmeat

So, how y'all doing? :lol: Hi, my name's Mark, I'm new to this forum, but I am a global mod somewhere else, so I know everything there is to know. ;)

So... Anyways, I have a synthesizer at home, been playing the piano for about 3 or 4 years. Never learned how to read notes, so it's useless giving me sheets. :D Give me tabs... :deal2:

So, if anybody else plays the piano or synthesizer, they can post their requests or problems here. :thumbsup:

I have a problem. I really need to know WHAT is that sound in the background of The Escapist and Life In Technicolor, and in Death And All His Friends when the chorus starts. :guitarist:

Oh, and if anybody likes, I could send them videos how to play certain songs by request. Hey, I'm not a magician or a super-pro, so don't be dissapointed if you don't like it. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5umlj3eyYk]YouTube- Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins[/ame]

Coldplay used that song in Life In Technicolor and the others. I guess it's his secret how he made that sound!

I'm a big fan of synthesisers, but alas I'm a poor musician and cannot afford them. I just use computer software and a midi controller

YouTube- Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins[/url]

Coldplay used that song in Life In Technicolor and the others. I guess it's his secret how he made that sound!

I'm a big fan of synthesisers, but alas I'm a poor musician and cannot afford them. I just use computer software and a midi controller

I prefer the full version. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazz7A_tD0g]YouTube- Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins (Full 9 Minute HQ Version)[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I have no idea. You just have to experiment with all the sounds. The CDP-200 is a digital piano, not a synthesizer so it will probably be a lot harder to find the sound you want.

And I'm just gonna say, I wouldn't suggest trying to recreate sounds from other songs...create your own! be original!

Two things:

1. CDP - 200R is a hybrid. It has the quality of an electric piano, but the functions of a synthesizer. :thinking:

2. I already did, but I don't like it. :(

Oh, does anybody know how to create AND upload a sample tone from my computer to my synthesizer? The manual says I have to do it manualy, literally recording the sample from a mic, but I don't have one, and I don't want one.

If anybody really cares, I need a yangqin loop, EXACTLY like the one from LIT and LITii.

1. CDP - 200R is a hybrid. It has the quality of an electric piano, but the functions of a synthesizer. :thinking:

Really? I doubt it... If Jon Hopkins did the song on a synth (I think he probably did it on a computer) he would have used something like this

oscar1.jpg&t=1

I don't know about your piano but I'm assuming it can't do what that can do!

And I really don't know anything about all that stuff...I'm a computer guy...

Well, yeah, it's absolutely nothing like that, but it's not a complete electric piano. You can record, create samples, it has 500+ different sounds, I don't know many synthesizers with so many sounds, but it's elegant and classic. It has 88 keys. So, yeah, it's sort of a hybrid. But MORE of an electric piano... But it can be cool too... :lol:

And I don't know how to CREATE sounds for experimenting, I know how to use the ones I have. But it's not enough.

A synthesizer is reffered to an instrument that has piano keys (from 12 to 88) and can produce sound by itself. It also branches into digital pianos and synthesizers.

A keyboard may be reffered to a "dumb" MIDI keyboard. That is a set of keys (again, from 12 to 88), but it cannot produce a sound itself, and needs to be connected to an external sound source (computer, amplifier, etc.)

The difference between a synthesizer and an electric (or digital, whatever) piano:

*A synthesizer usually has 61 keys by standard, and tons of sounds, aswell as functions like effects (reverb, delay, chorus) recording, sampling, harmonizing, rythms, layering (when you layer two or more sounds together), spliting, arpeggiating and others. But synthesizers usually don't have that good sound quality.

*A digital piano is a synthesizer, but usually has 88 keys by standard (just like a real piano), and the sound quality is remarkably high. They usually come with stands and look sophisticated and exspensive in a living room. :D But, alas, the number of functions have gradually reduced, and the tone quantity too.

Well, at least that is how I understand it. :D

• 4 weeks later...