✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Roaming gang of Lithuanian squatters snatching our homes!

busybeeburns

201280_1.jpg

George Pope returned to his home to find squatters there

A gang of Lithuanian squatters are moving into people's homes and changing the locks while they are out.

George Pope, 72, took his dogs for a walk and returned to find a family had moved in and changed the locks.

And now it has emerged Angie Belalij, 37, also lost control of her home when illegal tenants allegedly moved in after she left to allow renovation work to go ahead.

Police and the council say they are powerless to act unless they have a court order requiring the squatters to be evicted.

The deadlock leaves the authentic residents in limbo and facing a potentially costly court battle to reclaim their own home.

They fear bogus estate agents are watching their homes and waiting for them to go away before moving in illegal tenants.

Also at: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3149151/Squatters-grab-house-as-owner-walks-dogs.html

It’s a growing problem and as usual the government, police and justice system are failing to deal with it. Despite breaking and entering being illegal crime the police routinely fail to arrest the criminals, the justice system routinely fails to imprison and deport them and the government ignores the tidal wave crime engulfing us all and allows vulnerable citizens to have their lives ruined by millions of evil sick savage subhuman thugs running amok attacking and robbing at will. Recently the Home Office admitted that it knows of “1.6 million hardened full time criminals” at large in UK doing heavy crime continuously everywhere and that there is no intention to ever arrest, imprison or deport any of them other than the occasional token few. Clear up rates for violence, burglary, mugging, rape, fraud and antisocial behaviour are less than 1%. We have almost total failure of government in crime-pays-UK.

(1) Homeowner who forgot his wallet returns to find Romanian family moving in in scene from 'Dickensian times'

A householder returned home after forgetting his wallet - only to discover a Romanian family had moved in…The homeowner is thought to have left the house for no more than an hour. The judge dealing with the case was incredulous at the details unfolded at Northampton Crown Court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259798/Man-goes-work-comes-home-Romanian-family-moved-in.html#ixzz10HpvxjhV

Unusually, in this case the breaking and entering was prosecuted and the home invaders/burglars were denied squatters’ rights.

(2) Squatters demand £3,000 from family to leave home

A family today told how they were locked out by squatters after leaving their north London home for three days.

The owner “climbed through the window and confronted them. They became quite aggressive and ordered me to leave.” He added: “An Englishman's home is his castle and although I'm old, I wasn't going to be bullied. I threw their stuff out of my bedroom and set up base there. They carried on smoking and drinking and inviting friends over. They acted like hooligans.” The squatters left on Monday after a five-day stay. Mr Ahmed said: “I was so angry with police. It was obvious that the back and front doors had been forced and we had all the documents to prove the house was ours.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-taken-over.do

(3) The Romanians at No 76: We'll go if you pay us £2,000, say squatters

“The seven or eight members of two Roma gipsy families moved in over Christmas during a lull in…building works…they were finally compelled to leave by the court order that took Mr Mosedale two weeks to secure.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242998/The-Romanians-No-76-Well-pay-2-000-say-squatters-finally-evicted.html#ixzz10GOeXBnZ

(4) Residents powerless to remove illegal immigrants from their gardens

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that…'Anybody is allowed to use reasonable force to stop people trespassing and get them off their property - much like a bouncer in a pub or club.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259279/Residents-powerless-remove-illegal-immigrants-gardens.html#ixzz10G7BcDqk

(5) Professional squatters move in up the road from Saudi royal family

They said they were providing a service to the community…Eduard from Romania… The squatters are representatives of PREP Ltd

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-1748276.html

(6) How to stop the squatters moving in: Know the rules to protect your home from intrusion“…the police…advised me to wait until he left the property, change the locks and then make the property secure. If he broke back in, he'd be committing an offence.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1200216/How-stop-squatters-moving-Know-rules-protect-home-intrusion.html#ixzz10G911zUA

and one of the two incidents mentioned at the top of this thread

(7) Pensioner takes dogs for walk... and returns to find locks changed and a family living in his home

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/201280/How-migrants-snatched-our-homes

It’s a growing problem and as usual the government, police and justice system are failing to deal with it. Despite breaking and entering being illegal crime the police routinely fail to arrest the criminals, the justice system routinely fails to imprison and deport them and the government ignores the tidal wave crime engulfing us all and allows vulnerable citizens to have their lives ruined by millions of evil sick savage subhuman thugs running amok attacking and robbing at will. Recently the Home Office admitted that it knows of “1.6 million hardened full time criminals” at large in UK doing heavy crime continuously everywhere and that there is no intention to ever arrest, imprison or deport any of them other than the occasional token few. Clear up rates for violence, burglary, mugging, rape, fraud and antisocial behaviour are less than 1%. We have almost total failure of government in crime-pays-UK.

(1) Homeowner who forgot his wallet returns to find Romanian family moving in in scene from 'Dickensian times'

A householder returned home after forgetting his wallet - only to discover a Romanian family had moved in…The homeowner is thought to have left the house for no more than an hour. The judge dealing with the case was incredulous at the details unfolded at Northampton Crown Court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259798/Man-goes-work-comes-home-Romanian-family-moved-in.html#ixzz10HpvxjhV

Unusually, in this case the breaking and entering was prosecuted and the home invaders/burglars were denied squatters’ rights.

(2) Squatters demand £3,000 from family to leave home

A family today told how they were locked out by squatters after leaving their north London home for three days.

The owner “climbed through the window and confronted them. They became quite aggressive and ordered me to leave.” He added: “An Englishman's home is his castle and although I'm old, I wasn't going to be bullied. I threw their stuff out of my bedroom and set up base there. They carried on smoking and drinking and inviting friends over. They acted like hooligans.” The squatters left on Monday after a five-day stay. Mr Ahmed said: “I was so angry with police. It was obvious that the back and front doors had been forced and we had all the documents to prove the house was ours.”

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-taken-over.do

(3) The Romanians at No 76: We'll go if you pay us £2,000, say squatters

“The seven or eight members of two Roma gipsy families moved in over Christmas during a lull in…building works…they were finally compelled to leave by the court order that took Mr Mosedale two weeks to secure.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242998/The-Romanians-No-76-Well-pay-2-000-say-squatters-finally-evicted.html#ixzz10GOeXBnZ

(4) Residents powerless to remove illegal immigrants from their gardens

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said that…'Anybody is allowed to use reasonable force to stop people trespassing and get them off their property - much like a bouncer in a pub or club.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259279/Residents-powerless-remove-illegal-immigrants-gardens.html#ixzz10G7BcDqk

(5) Professional squatters move in up the road from Saudi royal family

They said they were providing a service to the community…Eduard from Romania… The squatters are representatives of PREP Ltd

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...y-1748276.html

(6) How to stop the squatters moving in: Know the rules to protect your home from intrusion“…the police…advised me to wait until he left the property, change the locks and then make the property secure. If he broke back in, he'd be committing an offence.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1200216/How-stop-squatters-moving-Know-rules-protect-home-intrusion.html#ixzz10G911zUA

and one of the two incidents mentioned at the top of this thread

(7) Pensioner takes dogs for walk... and returns to find locks changed and a family living in his home

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/201280/How-migrants-snatched-our-homes

Pretty extensive research there!:stunned:

Are you making a documentary or something?:P

Here's another one to add to your "dossier"!:P

Gang of Lithuanian squatters 'snatch ANOTHER home while owner is out'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:10 PM on 23rd September 2010

article-0-0B50B7FE000005DC-927_233x404.jpg Mother-of-one Angie Belalij, 37, claims squatters moved in to her home after she moved out to allow renovation work to go ahead

A gang of Lithuanian squatters are moving into people's homes and changing the locks while they are out.

George Pope, 72, took his dogs for a walk and returned to find a family had moved in and changed the locks.

And now it has emerged Angie Belalij, 37, also lost control of her home when illegal tenants allegedly moved in after she left to allow renovation work to go ahead.

Police and the council say they are powerless to act unless they have a court order requiring the squatters to be evicted.

The deadlock leaves the authentic residents in limbo and facing a potentially costly court battle to reclaim their own home.

They fear bogus estate agents are watching their homes and waiting for them to go away before moving in illegal tenants.

Mrs Belalij, a mother-of-one, was having her home in Barking renovated and so moved out.

But when she returned, she says she found a family of Lithuanians had moved in. They have now been living there for five months.

'I went round to see the builders and we found squatters in the house,' she told the Express.

'When I said to them "Why are you here, this is my house", they got in my face shouting at me that they had rented it and they had rights.'

article-0-0B4D0BB3000005DC-369_468x315.jpg Distraught: Pensioner George Popeoutside his home in Barking

A picture taken outside the property yesterday showed a young woman clutching a sharp kitchen knife, leaning over the gate.

Mrs Belalij says the squatters claimed they were paying £600-a-month to live there.

A printed notice stuck to the window cites the Criminal Law Act 1977 and threatens to prosecute anyone who enters without permission.

Because the squatters have refused to leave, they can only be evicted if the residents go to court.

George Pope also from Barking, had a similar problem when he took his dogs for a walk and returned home to find a family had moved in.

The pensioner, who suffers with arthritis, felt ill while he was out and stayed at a friend's house until he was well enough to return.

When he went back to the council house last week, he could not get inside because the locks had been changed.

LEGAL LOOPHOLE

Landlords cannot legally evict squatters without going to court. Police and councils have no power to act so even though squatters have no legal right to stay, you cannot physically remove them.

Landlords will have to pay up to £1,500 in legal fees to fund civil action.

Homeowners can go to the country court and apply for an interim repossession order if they do so within 28 days of their home being taken over.

A judge may grant an order which must then be served on the illegal tenants. If they refuse to move within 24 hours, they can be arrested.

The order is not permanent and a hearing will then be held before a judge to decide rightful ownership.

He claims a man then walked up the path to his house and accosted him.

'I said, "This is my place". But he said, "This is our property and we intend to stay here unless you go to court". It made me feel ill.'

He added: 'I have been shaking ever since. I get panic attacks. It's just terrible.'

Mr Pope immediately called the council and police but he was told the new occupants could not be evicted because they were themselves the victims of a scam.

The pensioner said police told him the residents had paid £3,000 to a bogus estate agent to rent the property themselves for six months.

The retired Dagenham Ford worker, who was forced to stay with friends, said: 'Police told me it looked like a civil matter. But the squatters were using my home, my gas and my electricity - it's absolutely disgraceful.'

Mr Pope went back to his house on Monday morning to find all his belongings had been thrown out.

'I had been out for just two-and-a-half days. Someone must have been watching me,' he said. 'The rear door had been levered out with screwdrivers - that's how they got in.

'My neighbours are now too frightened to go out anywhere in case the same happens to them,' he added.

Mr Pope has finally managed to take back control of his house after the squatters fled but he no longer wants to lives there because of the experience.

The squatters have also allegedly stolen his washing machine, cooker, bed clothes and wall clock.

He said: 'The houses all around the area are being taken over by squatters. It is some sort of scam through some sort of estate agent. It's frightening.'

A Barking and Dagenham council spokesman said: 'This was a highly unusual situation and we are working closely with the police to try and determine exactly what happened.

'By taking quick action we have been able to restore Mr Pope to his home without the need to apply to court for an eviction notice. This would have been a very lengthy process.

'We are also aware of a housing association property in this street that is also being squatted.

'We have contacted the housing association concerned and have asked them to try and resolve the situation. We are extremely pleased that Mr Pope is back in his own home.'

A Met Police spokeswoman said: 'Police are investigating a civil dispute where there may have been fraudulent sub-letting of the premises.

'Anyone with information concerning the person who has fraudulently advertised this property for rent and subsequently changed the locks should contact Barking and Dagenham Police.'