✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Philosophy

rudy_o

Anyone has interest in Philosophy? I'm not sure if I'm interested with it, but I think Philosophy books are good to read.

Actually I just want to write about Immanuel Kant. He's one of the most famous German philosophers. My professor keeps on saying Kant repetitively and I always mistakenly think it's c*nt. :disappointed: And he always uses it as he means c*nt. :uhoh:

"Freud's view is very different to Kant's. Let's discuss as we're them. I want you to be Freud and you're Kant,"

:freak:

"To conclude this discussion, do you agree with Kant?"

"Yes,"

"Alright. That's Kant,"

:confused:

Okay. :|

I personally loved studying Mill and Bentham. Ethics are just a subject we can discuss everytime and we will never come to a conclusion. And even if we did, it would change as times goes by.

And Nietzsche is quite interesting to study too, but I find myself disagreeing with him sometimes, he sees things a bit too dark.

But thats the point of Nietzsche : a dictum that " any worthwhile achievements in life come from the experience of overcoming hardship." For him, any existence that is too comfortable is worthless, as are the twin refugees of drink or religion.

But, Why is it that every time I turn around I see Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, Schopenauer, etc?? You’d think David Hume, Bertrand Russell and Noam Chomsky were never born! It seems as though if you are a philosopher that, as long as you’re decidedly right wing, you reinforce the age old maxim that “might is right” and you say nothing of any importance whatsoever, your place in history is guaranteed. My own theory on Nietzsche is that he went mad trying to spell his last name !!:laugh3: (I know, it’s not a good joke, there’s nothing funny about mental illness.):confused:

Chomsky to me is a bit dry. (I agree, Chomsky is worth listening to, it’s just that we live in a day when most people’s attention span can’t go ten minutes without car chases,nudity or violence. Says a lot about our world.)

He plays both sides of the game. Never does he stick to anything but the retortion of words. Talking in circles is fine. Leading sheeple to the edge of a cliff, do you have the tendency to give them just the extra nudge they need ? LOL Anyways to each is own. Fly high.:)

But, Why is it that every time I turn around I see Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, Schopenauer, etc?? You’d think David Hume, Bertrand Russell and Noam Chomsky were never born! It seems as though if you are a philosopher that, as long as you’re decidedly right wing, you reinforce the age old maxim that “might is right” and you say nothing of any importance whatsoever, your place in history is guaranteed.

This doesn't make sense to me, seems like a rash generalization.

But speaking of Chomsky, this is hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtckVng_1a0]YouTube - The Noam Chomsky Show - Chasers War on Everything[/ame]