✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hoff his rocker?

mc_squared

Hoff his rocker! David Hasselhoff stuns commuters with bizarre stunt on freeway bridge

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 5:03 AM on 2nd October 2010

David Hasselhoff is known for his wild antics but he stunned drivers last night when he appeared on an overpass in Los Angeles waving frantically at the passing traffic.

The actor stood over one of LA's busiest freeways, holding his hands up in the air and gesturing to oncoming motorists.

Having been the first contestant to be eliminated from this season of Dancing With The Stars, the embattled performer was probably feeling dejected and in need of some attention.

article-1317005-0585D51E0000044D-863_468x310.jpg Bizarre behaviour: David Hasselhoff stunned passing motorists by appearing on a busy LA overpass waving frantically at oncoming traffic

Hoff obviously has a lot of time on his hands now he's been told to foxtrot oscar from the dancing show.

But he maybe should have called K.I.T.T to come and rescue him from the busy road - and further embarrassment.

In a bizarre twist, country singer LeAnn Rimes was driving past on the 101 freeway and saw the Baywatch star putting on his show.

article-1317005-0B70FC60000005DC-950_468x561.jpg Shocked: Singer LeAnn Rimes was driving past and saw the former actor's bizarre antics and tweeted about what she saw

article-1317005-0001D29900000258-882_468x692.jpg Troubled: The former Baywatch star has had a troubled past with reports of alcohol abuse although his reps have always denied these claims

She immediately tweeted: 'Omg, David Hasselhoff is standing on a freeway overpass in LA waving to people'.

She added: 'Seriously!!! Can someone explain? Laughing so hard I'm crying right now'.

The former America's Got Talent judge confirmed his antics minutes later tweeting back, 'It was me on the overpass. I like to make people's commute a littler more fun! Give my love to Eddie'.

Evidently proud of his antics he hit Twitter again on Friday morning writing, 'So what an exciting day! Lots of tweets, decided I was a pine tree and got spotted waving to traffic by the 101 by Lean Rimes'.

article-1317005-02DCE92100000578-838_468x497.jpg Career worries: Hasselhoff was the first to be voted off this season's Dancing With The Stars which may be an indication of his waning popularity

Hasselhoff, 48, is known for his peculiar antics and has stunned fans in the past with his behaviour.

In 2007 a home video clip surfaced of Hasselhoff in an apparent drunken stupor looking worse for wear.

It showed the incoherent actor lying on the floor shirtless trying to consume a cheeseburger that was falling everywhere.

article-1317005-0B70CD90000005DC-20_468x350.jpg Complete mess: Hasselhoff's daughter Taylor Ann released a video of her dad drunk and attempting to eat a hamburger in a Vegas hotel room in 2007

His daughter Taylor Ann who shot the video could be heard saying, 'Tell me you are going to stop, tell me you are going to stop. If you have any alcohol in your system you're going to be fired from your show'.

He was starring in the Producers in Las Vegas at the time.

Hasselhoff has been rushed to the hospital at least 4 times in the past year with reported alcohol related issues but his reps have always denied these allegations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317005/David-Hasselhoff-stuns-commuters-bizarre-stunt-freeway-bridge.html#ixzz11CSbyR8o