✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghosts, Vampires, and Werewolves!

Arwen Evenstar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't express how much I hate the pathetic excuses for vampires that the Twilight ones are, the ones from Interview with a Vampire+ the later books are good and crazy powerful some of them, I also like the ones from True Blood and even the ones from Angel were good apart from the whole face thing they did.

I quite like Elves too actually:)

I HATE HATE HATE the Vampires from Twilight, what pisses me off is that some young stupid girls think that all Vampires are gay sparkly vegetarian douchebags :angry:

I like Elves too ;)

For me vampires have to be a bit ruthless and evil, a nice ironic streak in them and a bit power crazed/egotistical.

Twilight is just pathetic, who at 100+ years old would spend thier time fawning over a teenage girl and driving a Volvo around while sparkling like an idiot:angry:

I love Elves pointy ears and general hottness.

For me vampires have to be a bit ruthless and evil, a nice ironic streak in them and a bit power crazed/egotistical.

Twilight is just pathetic, who at 100+ years old would spend thier time fawning over a teenage girl and driving a Volvo around while sparkling like an idiot:angry:

I love Elves pointy ears and general hottness.

yep, and none of the Vampires in Twilight are even hot, compare stupid Edward to Lestat or Louis :rolleyes:

it's funny but the thing that made me really like Elves was Liv Tyler, I just think she is so beautiful, she looks like an Angel :embarrassed:

I became an athiest when I was 17, before than I was a strong believer in God.

ever since I stopped believing I do sometimes feel as if life is pointless and hopeless, if I think about death to much I become depressed :(

The thing that makes me feel the most depressed is the knowledge that one day even the Universe itself will die. Literally everything will one day come to an end, when I think about that I get really sad, I mean what is the point of all of this when even the fucking Universe will die one day.

OMG its scary how similar we are, I think like that alot, especially about the universe, I try not to but its just logic. wow, im actually really surprised that somebody else thinks that too.

that's freakin awesome, how do you do that?

I use a digital tablet and adobe photoshop and just draw directly into my computer. Its just like painting except without the mess. I love it. If you want I can make a picture of you into a zombie or something? I need portfolio work anyway because Ive decided I want to become a games concept artist so its no bother?

OMG its scary how similar we are, I think like that alot, especially about the universe, I try not to but its just logic. wow, im actually really surprised that somebody else thinks that too.

:shocked2: I've never met anyone who thinks like that either, I always thought I was crazy for thinking about stuff like this, I guess I'm not crazy after all. Or maybe we're both crazy :thinking:

I use a digital tablet and adobe photoshop and just draw directly into my computer. Its just like painting except without the mess. I love it. If you want I can make a picture of you into a zombie or something? I need portfolio work anyway because Ive decided I want to become a games concept artist so its no bother?

do you draw your own face, or do you use a existing photo?

:shocked2: I've never met anyone who thinks like that either, I always thought I was crazy for thinking about stuff like this, I guess I'm not crazy after all. Or maybe we're both crazy :thinking:

lol me neither, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy, and I highly doubt you are :D

I just like to think about how lucky we are that we exist. I mean, the chances that me and you exist are astonishing. Every single one of our ancestors over 4.6 billion years has never failed to reproduce and here we are a product of that unguided process.

lol me neither, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy, and I highly doubt you are :D

I just like to think about how lucky we are that we exist. I mean, the chances that me and you exist are astonishing. Every single one of our ancestors over 4.6 billion years has neverfailed to reproduce and here we are a product of that unguided process.

It is a "miracle" that we are alive, but still when I think about how insignificant we are in the Universe it scares me

this quote by Carl Sagan is pretty helpful when I think about stuff like this

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love"

It is a "miracle" that we are alive, but still when I think about how insignificant we are in the Universe it scares me

this quote by Carl Sagan is pretty helpful when I think about stuff like this

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love"

Yeh your right, theres no getting away from the truth but wonderful quotes like that help me alot too. I try to make people around me happy and help them through life.

What are your views on the origin and universe? Are you familiar with Lee Smolins theory regarding the evolution of the universe? He theorizes that at the centre of every black hole a new universe lies on the other side and that we are on the other side of another. Maybe one day our descendants will be able to travel between universes to survive the end of this one, who knows, its billions of years away and technology would be off the charts if intelligent life still exists.

Yeh your right, theres no getting away from the truth but wonderful quotes like that help me alot too. I try to make people around me happy and help them through life.

What are your views on the origin and universe? Are you familiar with Lee Smolins theory regarding the evolution of the universe? He theorizes that at the centre of every black hole a new universe lies on the other side and that we are on the other side of another. Maybe one day our descendants will be able to travel between universes to survive the end of this one, who knows, its billions of years away and technology would be off the charts if intelligent life still exists.

I have heard of the theory, but not the man. I think it's entirely possible that black holes are "gateways" to other universes, I personally like string theory and the whole bubble universe thing, I like the idea of many universes popping into existence all the time. But I have also heard that it is impossible to travel to another universe, because our bodies and all our technology and everything else we know is limited to this universe only, we can only study one universe and use the resources of one universe. I'm sure you know about the LHC, I recently read an article that said the LHC should be able to find evidence of parallel universes as early as next year.

anyway, I love this quote, and I kind of believe it

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

I have heard of the theory, but not the man. I think it's entirely possible that black holes are "gateways" to other universes, I personally like string theory and the whole bubble universe thing, I like the idea of many universes popping into existence all the time. But I have also heard that it is impossible to travel to another universe, because our bodies and all our technology and everything else we know is limited to this universe only, we can only study one universe and use the resources of one universe. I'm sure you know about the LHC, I recently read an article that said the LHC should be able to find evidence of parallel universes as early as next year.

anyway, I love this quote, and I kind of believe it

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

lol yeh I've heard that quote, Its by Douglas Adams I think.

And yeh I know of the LHC but I wasnt aware of that! That would be amazing.

With Lee Smolin's theory the Universes are offspring of this Universe, only with slightly different variations of the laws of physics, so maybe there could be a universe thats not so different from our own that it allows us to exist inside it? He thinks that the universes evolve just like Darwinian evolution. The driving force for selection is the universes that can survive long enough to produce black holes, so there is the survival pressure. Any universe with not enough matter wouldnt survive, any universe with the wrong gravitational settings wouldnt survive etc, etc.

Still I dont know what to think about how something either came from nothing or always existed. I think the longest I thought about it was about 5 minutes before my brain started hurting.

lol yeh I've heard that quote, Its by Douglas Adams I think.

And yeh I know of the LHC but I wasnt aware of that! That would be amazing.

With Lee Smolin's theory the Universes are offspring of this Universe, only with slightly different variations of the laws of physics, so maybe there could be a universe thats not so different from our own that it allows us to exist inside it? He thinks that the universes evolve just like Darwinian evolution. The driving force for selection is the universes that can survive long enough to produce black holes, so there is the survival pressure. Any universe with not enough matter wouldnt survive, any universe with the wrong gravitational settings wouldnt survive etc, etc.

Still I dont know what to think about how something either came from nothing or always existed. I think the longest I thought about it was about 5 minutes before my brain started hurting.

yep that's the problem with all these questions, we can never know how it all began, I wish some superior alien race would come and answer all these questions for us, but that's just wishful thinking.

I wonder if we will ever know anything about the Universes origins, or if that knowledge is unknowable.