✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Time Travel Thread

harrisonrules

What you going to say next?! That you believe in God?!

Meh meh meh meh!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73280&page=18

Oh, I thought you had forgotten how to reply because for some reason you failed to reply to my comment on the other thread...or maybe that was because you got totally destroyed in the debate and decided to ignore it?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by howyousawtheworld;4503244

People Fail to understand there is a middle way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously you need to read things properly, I already stated that I have no problem with deists, That's inbetween, is it not?

You're just a troll I guess.

Mark just ignore him, it's like talking to a brick wall :rolleyes:

Lol yeh you're totally right, I did feel like ignoring him but its not really my style. As for the other dickhead Reilly, I think I may ignore him too, when somebody is so arrogant and presumptuous that they just decide that you are clueless, then really they do not even deserve a reply, they are beneath adult discussion.

Lol yeh you're totally right, I did feel like ignoring him but its not really my style. As for the other dickhead Reilly, I think I may ignore him too, when somebody is so arrogant and presumptuous that they just decide that you are clueless, then really they do not even deserve a reply, they are beneath adult discussion.

I ment the second one, but ya just ignore them both.

anyway moving on

there is a theory that says if we were to time travel and change something in the past or future the universe would split in two, it would create another universe :thinking:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Oh, I thought you had forgotten how to reply because for some reason you failed to reply to my comment on the other thread...or maybe that was because you got totally destroyed in the debate and decided to ignore it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by howyousawtheworld;4503244

People Fail to understand there is a middle way.

Seriously you need to read things properly, I already stated that I have no problem with deists, That's inbetween, is it not?

You're just a troll I guess.

Don't ever remember you posting anything that was worth replying to in all honesty.

Guest howyousawtheworld

anyway moving on

there is a theory that says if we were to time travel and change something in the past or future the universe would split in two, it would create another universe :thinking:

I have a theory too that if you slice up time itself, there's chocolate and ice cream inside it. But it's just a theory. Mmmmm chocolate and ice cream!

anyway moving on

yeh I know you meant the scottish guy, but I think its proabably a secondary account by reilly, afterall they have the same dysfunctional personality. :kiss:

but moving on like you said :sneaky:

Yeh I've heard of alternate reality theory, I dont really subscribe to it tbh, I think its too implausible.

Btw did you know that the warping of time already happens naturally and that its possible to experience this?

Yeh you know more about me that I do, congratulations. You're objecting to a fair point that time travel could be possible. "All your saying is that time travel could be possible" Well fucking done genius, you're right, that is all i'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the sarcastic congrats, why the fuck did you tell me to look at that video when I had covered all of that in the posts I made?

The reason I came to the conclusion that you're clueless is because you don't have the intellect to actually read what I wrote and match it up with your precious video.

And you win! Fine, time travel is technically possible, if we could garner completely impossible and ridiculous amounts of energy and somehow pass a human being untarnished into such energy (also impossible) then MAYBE, yes, well done.

Don't you see how fucking stupid that is? That's like saying anything is technically possible.

MICHIO KAKU ON TIME TRAVEL

First, the main problem is one of energy. In the same way that a car needs gasoline, a time machine needs to have fabulous amounts of energy. One either has to harness the power of a star, or to find something called “exotic” matter (which falls up, rather than down) or find a source of negative energy. (Physicists once thought that negative energy was impossible. But tiny amounts of negative energy have been experimentally verified for something called the Casimir effect, i.e. the energy created by two parallel plates). All of these are exceedingly difficult to obtain in large quantities, at least for several more centuries!

Then there is the problem of stability. The Kerr black hole, for example, may be unstable if one falls through it. Similarly, quantum effects may build up and destroy the wormhole before you enter it. Unfortunately, our mathematics is not powerful enough to answer the question of stability because you need a “theory of everything” which combines both quantum forces and gravity. At present, superstring theory is the leading candidate for such a theory (in fact, it is the ONLY candidate; it really has no rivals at all). But superstring theory, which happens to be my specialty, is still to difficult to solve completely. The theory is well-defined, but no one on earth is smart enough to solve it.

Interestingly enough, Stephen Hawking once opposed the idea of time travel. He even claimed he had “empirical” evidence against it. If time travel existed, he said, then we would have been visited by tourists from the future. Since we see no tourists from the future, ergo: time travel is not possible. Because of the enormous amount of work done by theoretical physicists within the last 5 years or so, Hawking has since changed his mind, and now believes that time travel is possible (although not necessarily practical). (Furthermore, perhaps we are simply not very interesting to these tourists from the future. Anyone who can harness the power of a star would consider us to be very primitive. Imagine your friends coming across an ant hill. Would they bend down to the ants and give them trinkets, books, medicine, and power? Or would some of your friends have the strange urge to step on a few of them?)

In conclusion, don’t turn someone away who knocks at your door one day and claims to be your future great-great-great grandchild. They may be right

Thanks for the sarcastic congrats, why the fuck did you tell me to look at that video when I had covered all of that in the posts I made?

The reason I came to the conclusion that you're clueless is because you don't have the intellect to actually read what I wrote and match it up with your precious video.

And you win! Fine, time travel is technically possible, if we could garner completely impossible and ridiculous amounts of energy and somehow pass a human being untarnished into such energy (also impossible) then MAYBE, yes, well done.

Don't you see how fucking stupid that is? That's like saying anything is technically possible.

Your welcome to the sarcastic comments when you say im clueless and a moron. you need to chill out a little, Its late over here 3:33am and i'm tired so excuse me if I misread one or some of your posts, they were not that clear to me because you seemed to rant and failed to see all I was saying was that it could be possible, hence you only just realised "And you win! Fine, time travel is technically possible"

The only thing I see thats stupid is to rule things out that you have no concept of. I AGREE that time travel as we know it is impossible, Im even tempted to disagree with Michio Kaku and say no it cannot be achieved, but i realise that we are only at the beginning of science and that in a million years our understanding of time and science will be vastly different. You say a human could not survive the energy, you are correct by todays standards but in the distant future perhaps we could convert ourselves into atoms and teleport, Idk and neither do you, that is the point.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Jesus, you are so unfunny. Now time to make good use of the ignore feature. Bye arsehole.

Harsh! But I guess I better stop. You are such a smart arse I just cannot handle it. In fact you're such a smart arse that you could sit on ice cream and figure out what flavour it is.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Did you think of that all by yourself?

Doesn't really matter. Fits your description well. I mean at least tell us where these bizarre time travel tales come out of!

There was another picture a few months ago that gained popularity, of a guy wearing iPod headphones and walking down the street in a normal hoodie surrounded by people in typical 50s clothing, this is just an extension of it

Do you have a link to this picture?