✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

any Christmas

LoryABjerre

Jumping into the conversation about Christmas being a religious holiday:

I know that Jesus apparently was not actually born on December 25th, but it is still a religious holiday (hence the Christ in Christmas), and it is still a time when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus no matter when he was actually born.

It never started out as a huge commercial thing, it's just evolved into a season where even non-believers celebrate Christmas (which I always found strange :P) so that they can buy eachother presents.

I still love Christmas because for me it is a religious holiday, and a time where I can relax and enjoy being with my family. :nice:

It never started out as a huge commercial thing, it's just evolved into a season where even non-believers celebrate Christmas
The first part is true. The second part might not. Some argue that once this was a pagan/Roman holiday (midwinter) converted into a Christian one by the Christians, which still got celebrated by non-believers like Charlie. Some aspects of the old non-religious holidays are still present in Christmas. It's mostly the name that now sounds very Christian.

I don't think it matter whether you believe or not when celebrating Christmas. It's a lovely holiday anyway.

The first part is true. The second part might not. Some argue that once this was a pagan/Roman holiday (midwinter) converted into a Christian one by the Christians, which still got celebrated by non-believers like Charlie. Some aspects of the old non-religious holidays are still present in Christmas. It's mostly the name that now sounds very Christian.

Exactly. As long as everyone is aware of that, it's fine.;)

I don't think it matter whether you believe or not when celebrating Christmas. It's a lovely holiday anyway.

True, as long as you are able to avoid all the hype and stress attached to it.:D

I dislike how it's become purely a time for people to get presents. . . as a Christian, I feel people don't respect the fact that it's an important religious holiday enough. :\

I agree with this.

Jumping into the conversation about Christmas being a religious holiday:

I know that Jesus apparently was not actually born on December 25th, but it is still a religious holiday (hence the Christ in Christmas), and it is still a time when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus no matter when he was actually born.

of course it didn't happen exactly the way it's written in the bible with the star, the angels and everything but it's still a religious holiday, the commercial part of it came later imitating how St Nicolas, who somehow became Father Christmas:shrug:, would give presents to poor kids on Christmas just like everyone does on birthdays...

But where i'm from the society is so religious that we do a very good job of mixing the non religious aspect of it with the religious, i have never felt it was a purely commercial holiday even though i haven't been to church in almost a year.

It never started out as a huge commercial thing, it's just evolved into a season where even non-believers celebrate Christmas (which I always found strange ) so that they can buy eachother presents.

i know muslims who get each others presents and decorate a tree each year, they don't baby Jesus at the bottom of it though:P

Who goes to church for Christmas?

No I don't but I can predict what will happen.

A few Carols while the Priest gives a rousing serom which is the same as it was the past Christmases he did it, and the phrase "Baby Jesus was born 2000 years ago" thrown in there somewhere, what's with that anyway?, can't they manage to say the right amount of years?, I always found it odd when I got dragged to Church when I was young in the 90s, I find it odd they said 2000 years stillwhen my friends decided it was a good idea to go to Church at midnight while drunk a couple of years ago can Priests not count?, then some kids will light little candles with thier parents, everyone will go off happy or extremely bored, when I was little I used to get annoyed about having to go to Church on Christmas Day because it was an interuption in playing with my new presents, and that was when I actually believed in Gods existance:laugh3:.