✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask this attention whore anything

MrMagpie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, then. Get to it! While you do that, I'll work on getting a passport.

I've always wondered about this, so I'm going to ask you. I always see you promoting the music of Canada. Is it just a coincidence that a lot of your favorite music comes from your own country, or is there something more to the equation?

I think part of it is that I have a much better chance of seeing Canadian acts than American acts. For example the only Canadian band that I haven't seen that I want to see really bad is Broken Social Scene.

It's what I have the most exposure too.

I am friends with Canadian musicians and love meeting and talking to them, they are some of the nicest people I have met.

Being such a large country there is a lot of diversity. You get everything from hip hop to french music to east coast celtic infused indie rock. I love it.

Plus I have pride in the cultural heritage of Canada and think it is important to preserve that national identity through art.

Jon, I'm having my last final test in a matter of hours and I don't want to study, am I bad?

Nah, just don't study. Sometimes the best way to study is to stop when you can't take it anymore.

Your best friend gets cancer, what do you do?

Don't panic. Make sure he/she knows that you love him/her although they should already know that. Maybe take a trip or something that you've always wanted to do.

Boo Kate! Whateverrr.

Alexa is right, that one might fit. :surprised:

If you had to pick a "greatest song ever written" what would you pick?

Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen.

That word is my favourite word and when sung it is just beautiful. Partly related to my faith, but I just think that word holds special power. Whether the original, the Jeff Buckley cover, KD Lang singing it at the Olympics, my friends playing it at church, it just blows me away every time.

What flag should I have under My Mood thingy?

the irish one is ugly.

Ivory Coast.

I think part of it is that I have a much better chance of seeing Canadian acts than American acts. For example the only Canadian band that I haven't seen that I want to see really bad is Broken Social Scene.

I am friends with Canadian musicians and love meeting and talking to them, they are some of the nicest people I have met.

Being such a large country there is a lot of diversity. You get everything from hip hop to french music to east coast celtic infused indie rock. I love it.

Plus I have pride in the cultural heritage of Canada and think it is important to preserve that national identity through art.

I want to be a canadian :blank:

This is a very in-depth and profound answer. I appreciate this very much. Thank you. :nice:

The cello!

Me too! I learned the hard way, though, that I have no patience for string instruments. Granted, my experiences come from being stuck with viola in String Methods, but it was the most frustrating instrument I have encountered.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your singing ability?

This is a very in-depth and profound answer. I appreciate this very much. Thank you. :nice:

Me too! I learned the hard way, though, that I have no patience for string instruments. Granted, my experiences come from being stuck with viola in String Methods, but it was the most frustrating instrument I have encountered.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your singing ability?

I'm always confused about why people pick viola over violin, cello or bass. They tend to have the yuckiest parts. This is gonna sound mean, but I've known about 3 good viola players in my whole orchestra career. The rest always kind of brought the orchestra down. :uhoh: So I don't know what it is about the viola, but in my experiences it's always been the worst.

I must agree about cello though. It's gorgeous and has the best range. And they get cool parts. I wish I had picked cello instead of violin.

I'm always confused about why people pick viola over violin, cello or bass. They tend to have the yuckiest parts. This is gonna sound mean, but I've known about 3 good viola players in my whole orchestra career. The rest always kind of brought the orchestra down. :uhoh: So I don't know what it is about the viola, but in my experiences it's always been the worst.

I must agree about cello though. It's gorgeous and has the best range. And they get cool parts. I wish I had picked cello instead of violin.

Nah, it's fine. I have my own instruments that I have learned that I don't really like. (*koff* OBOE *koff*)

Cello is so beautiful. I was mad when I got to the instruments in that class and found out that the only ones that weren't taken were violin and viola. :disappointed: