how do you get the d string tuned to f?

I'm sure that this tuning is the correct:

e > C#

B > C#

G > G#

D > F

A > C#

E > C#

But if you can't do it, you can try this one (is the same)

capo 1

e > C

B > C

G > G

D > E

A > C

E > C

edit: That tuning is wrong, sorry

I have my guitar in that tuning right now. (without capo), and when i used Moses' tuning it sounds bad.

But if you feel that your guitar string is going to snap, you should try this tuning whith capo on 1st fret that is the same thing.

Capo 1st fret

e > C

B > C

G > G

D > E

A > C

E > C

edit: again the tuning is wrong

On string snapping - it generally won't snap if you're lowering a string since you're actually reducing tension. It's much easier to snap a string if you're going upward.

That said, I can't help but feel like the one you said is wrong Zergio and calls for some re-tunings that are more extreme than they need to be.

I'll post my tuning + chords soonish.

Sorry man..:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

When I used your tuning I was playing it with wrong chords (the same that i use for my tuning), and watching some live performances of coldplay I realized that the chords that i was using weren't the same than the chords that Chris was using, so I tried to play the correct Chris chords with my tuning and it sounds bad, then I tried with your tuning and it sounds excellent.

Sorry for all the troubles that I did you.

I NEVER MEANT TO CAUSE YOU TROUBLE

I NEVER MEANT TO DO YOU WRONG

AND AH, WELL IF I EVER CAUSED YOU TROUBLE

OH, NO I NEVER MEANT TO DO YOU HARM.

And Thank you for correcting me again.:):):)

Ah that's an easy mistake to make. No worries jaja. :)

Verse Chords:

C# - 000000 (this is my favourite thing ever)

E - 333300

D# - 222200

D - 111100

Chorus:

A - 888800

E - 333300

F# - 555500

And that's all there is to it. BUT, to those attentive eyes out there (ahem, Zergio)...is can you tell if Chris is playing the A string? It sounds like it, but it looks like he may also be muting it so that the chords become 3x3300 for example.

I dunno, I've always played Moses (the rhythm part at least) in EADGAe. Works fine and sounds like the version on Live 2003 & an older acoustic recording.

Say what? There's no mention of Moses in this thread. >_<

That said, I don't know Moses particularly well but when I play it in standard it sounds fine. But you could be right about tuning the B string down since it does jive decently well with the song even with a capo on the 2nd fret as Chris plays it.

I suppose I'll add that to my to do list since I love Moses, but I've tuned my guitar to GPASUYF tuning and I like the song too much to bring my guitar back to standard just yet.. Oh I just realized I'm Moses. Is that why you think we're talking about Moses? :laugh3:

Funny because that's the same thing that happened to me when I first got my guitar. Do you remember where the breaking point was? If it was near the tuner, you'd best take a scotch-brite pad or fine sandpaper and lightly sanding the tuning peg the next time you change the string. My problem was there was a tiny little fleck of paint/chrome/dust that was grinding into the string whenever I tuned, but once I sanded it I've had no problems. Actually, I have my guitar in GPASUYF tuning right now but am planning to leave it like that for a couple days since I never practise the song. Wish my guitar luck in getting back to standard tuning without exploding. :p

Honestly I couldn't see very well what it was. It looked like the edge of the hole where the string goes through the tuner was a little bit pointy so that's the part I applied a green scotch-brite pad to; this was my EJ200 so the tuner was gold but having sanded it, I guess I nipped the whole top layer off and now the e string tuner is sort of silver and the edge in question is just a little bit rounded.

On the other hand, there're other things that could probably be factors - being too rough with the tuners...that might just be my paranoia with it all...I always turn really really slowly. :p Or maybe the string just wasn't wound very well to begin with; I can imagine it's easy to break strings that have kinks <--this definitely happened with me because the e string that broke when the aforementioned happened to me was also the first time I had restrung a guitar, so I didn't do a great job of winding the string.

Edit: this is what my tuner looked like before: notice the roughness on the hole and how it's not a perfect circle.

img7457u.jpg

Not to mention e strings are really skinny and easy to break. :(

thanks for adding the pic, now i understand. just took a look at my guitar, and it looks fine for now, but it's working well now right?

Yep my guitar has NOT exploded. :laugh3: Went to GPASUYF and then Shiver (thanks for that one Zergio ;)) and back. :lol:

The chords are correct man, when Chris plays GPASUYF he doesn't uses his thumb to mute the A string, he uses his thumb to play in the E and A string.

Oh I see what you did there. That makes sense because before that I had been using my thumb and then 3 fingers but that's kind of awkward. Using the thumb to get two strings works pretty well though.

To do list.... :lol:

-Everything's Not Lost

-All Around the World

Yeah awesome man, one thing to add just to help you out, on Don't Look Back in Anger (Early Acoustic), the chords in the beginning go C, C/B, Am, E, Fmaj7, G, C (quick chords Am G). Hope that wasn't a douchebag move haha, just saw on one of the messages you sent me a while back had some errors, so thought this could be some help.

Jaja call me crazy, but I'm kind of touched that you would actually remember that. :p

I looked back at what I wrote and I don't think they were errors so much as small differences that do not impede my playing the song successfully. C-G-Am-E-F-G (I only wrote up until there for whatever reason) vs C, C/B, Am, E, Fmaj7, G.

-The way I play the first G chord, which isn't evident in what I wrote there, is 320003 as opposed to 320033 as you probably play the 2nd and 3rd G chords in the progression. Yes, Noel plays a C/B that I think is x20010 or something similar, BUT a C/B chord is actually a Gsus4 that has the bass note removed, so it's technically a partial G chord. If you listen to these versions, you can pretty clearly hear that during the C/B chord they play a G note in the bass, which is why I play it as 320010 or 320003. So in my opinion, C/B and G are interchangeable in this song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBaYpXcJJW8]YouTube - Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger (Live At Brit Awards 2007) (High Quality video) (HQ)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIonyxz0dI]YouTube - Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger /My Generation (Hurricane Festival 2005.06.10)[/ame]

-F and Fmaj7 can be used interchangeably in DLBIA as well as some other songs, but yes, that's technically more correct.

But yeah in the end, we're all correct. :lol:

Say what? There's no mention of Moses in this thread. >_<

That said, I don't know Moses particularly well but when I play it in standard it sounds fine. But you could be right about tuning the B string down since it does jive decently well with the song even with a capo on the 2nd fret as Chris plays it.

I suppose I'll add that to my to do list since I love Moses, but I've tuned my guitar to GPASUYF tuning and I like the song too much to bring my guitar back to standard just yet.. Oh I just realized I'm Moses. Is that why you think we're talking about Moses? :laugh3:

Wow, I really don't read stuff that well in the middle of the night, I guess *headdesk* :) I just read the title of the thread and saw the tuning in the first post, and then I got all confused and stuff :P

But about Moses, I can definitely hear that tuned down B-string. Go listen to one of those acoustic takes, even better on there.

Also, my take on Green Eyes. Sometimes my hand isn't to clear, but I could tab this out if anyone wants:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBx0VSG1hI]YouTube - Green Eyes (acoustic cover)[/ame]