✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moses's Tabs and Stuff

MosesTheMarshmallow

Wow , some great work you've done mosesTheMarshmallow ! :stunned:

I didn't really try it out yet though ...

But it's just so supid with one guitar :confused:

I'd really like to go in a band !

What do you have if you can play a solo but you don't have anyone to play chords ...

Are you in a band ?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I really don't read stuff that well in the middle of the night, I guess *headdesk* :) I just read the title of the thread and saw the tuning in the first post, and then I got all confused and stuff :P

But about Moses, I can definitely hear that tuned down B-string. Go listen to one of those acoustic takes, even better on there.

Also, my take on Green Eyes. Sometimes my hand isn't to clear, but I could tab this out if anyone wants:

Oooh yeah you're right about Moses. I listened to a couple versions that are labeled acoustic but are just...live performances. You can really hear the B (detuned to A) and e strings ringing open as they often do on Chris's guitar parts.

I like your Green Eyes cover. You did a great job of getting the strumming of the album version correct. :)

Wow , some great work you've done mosesTheMarshmallow ! :stunned:

I didn't really try it out yet though ...

But it's just so supid with one guitar :confused:

I'd really like to go in a band !

What do you have if you can play a solo but you don't have anyone to play chords ...

Are you in a band ?

Ah thanks. That's understandable; I figured out most of the parts by having the computer play the song at low volume while I played along. :confused:

And technically, no. My best friend plays [lead] guitar, so he and I will probably try to form a band or end up performing as a duo.

Are there a lot of musicians where you are Acquiesce? Who knows..you might even start a band of your own (that would be infinitely better than any I would be in). :smug:

btw ; what are you working on right now ?

Right now...

Everything's Not Lost (chords) <--A PREVIEW: IT STARTS ON AN E CHORD. :lol:

All Around the World (chords)

Shiver (lead)

Yeah...I'm kind of slow at this. :embarrassed:

No , they aren't a lot of musicians here , or they are already in a band ... :disappointed:

Also , it's very hard to find someone who like the same music as I do ,which is , in my opinion , necessary.

But now I might try something out , with 2 boys of my class , one play piano and the other one guitar ... :wacko:

we'll try next week !

I have the chords for all around the world !

Jajaja,XD

There is another litle correction...

In Chorus Jonny plays this:

e|16-16-16-16-16-16-16-16-|16-16-16-16\14-14-14-14/| |16~

B|12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-|12-12-12-12\11-11-11-11/| |12~

G|--------------------------------------------------------------------| x3, finishes on |

D|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

A|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

There is a litle correction in Yellow Chris plays the G#m of this form 460440 not like this 460400

Either way is correct. Do you have a specific video that shows this? There's the possibility that Chris's middle finger "rests" above that fret just because there's nowhere to put it; and it's more consistent with the way Chris usually lets the B and e strings ring open.

Jajaja,XD

There is another litle correction...

In Chorus Jonny plays this:

e|16-16-16-16-16-16-16-16-|16-16-16-16\14-14-14-14/| |16~

B|12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-|12-12-12-12\11-11-11-11/| |12~

G|--------------------------------------------------------------------| x3, finishes on |

D|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

A|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

E|--------------------------------------------------------------------l |

Again, correct but do you have proof you can point me to? It's hard to do it by sound since the upper note is so much clearer. The change you suggest sounds very good but I don't hear Jonny playing it that way. :embarrassed:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7BUZZcnbM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7BUZZcnbM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Before Chris plays, "Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones", it looks like he plays a chord down at the 9th fret. Would I be correct, or is he just keeping at the 7th?

Ok here are the videos

Chris chorus chord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbuaKXv-Fw]YouTube - Coldplay Yellow (Live From Later... With Jools Holland)[/ame]

You can see that his fist finger is fretting the g string and his second finger the b string.

Jonny's chorus part

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkX__3GAIDo&feature=related]YouTube - YLW[/ame]

Also i think there are some corrections in the verse Jonny's parts. I'm gonna confirm it later or maybe tomorrow.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7BUZZcnbM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7BUZZcnbM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Before Chris plays, "Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones", it looks like he plays a chord down at the 9th fret. Would I be correct, or is he just keeping at the 7th?

Thats right this is a E: 0-14-0-13-0-0

But this is posted in the MosesTheMarshmallow's tab.

Jonny's verse:

B		       |F#		    |E		       |
|I jumped across      |you...       	    |to do...	       |It was all..

e|7--(7)----|----------|2--(2)----|---------|4--|(4)-|----|4---|4-----------|
B|0--(0)----|----------|2--(2)----|---------|0--|(0)-|----|----|------------|
G|8--(8)----|----------|3--(3)----|---------|4--|(4)-|--4-|--4-|--4---------|
D|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|
A|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|
E|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|

B		       |F#		     	   |E 		      |
|I drew a line.....   |you...           |         |to do....         |It was all.
e|7--(7)----|11--(11)--|6--|(6)-|----|7p6|7p6------|7--|(7)-|----|7---|7-----------|
B|0--(0)----|0---(0)---|0--|(0)-|----|---|---------|9--|(9)-|----|--9-|--9---------|
G|8--(8)----|11--(11)--|6--|(6)-|--6-|---|---------|8--|(8)-|--8-|----|------------|
D|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|
A|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|
E|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|

Ok here are some more litle corrections in Jonny's part.

Jonny's verse:

Verse 1:

B - xxx807
F# -xxx322
E - xxx404

Over the "So then I took my turn."
B - xxx807
F#- xxx606
E - xxx897

Verse 2:

B		       |F#		    |E		       |
|I jumped across      |you...       	    |to do...	       |It was all..

e|7--(7)----|----------|2--(2)----|---------|4--|(4)-|----|4---|4-----------|
B|0--(0)----|----------|2--(2)----|---------|0--|(0)-|----|----|------------|
G|8--(8)----|----------|3--(3)----|---------|4--|(4)-|--4-|--4-|--4---------|
D|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|
A|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|
E|----------|----------|----------|---------|------------------|------------|

B		       |F#		     	   |E 		      |
|I drew a line.....   |you...           |         |to do....         |It was all.
e|7--(7)----|11--(11)--|6--|(6)-|----|7p6|7p6------|7--|(7)-|----|7---|7-----------|
B|0--(0)----|0---(0)---|0--|(0)-|----|---|---------|9--|(9)-|----|--9-|--9---------|
G|8--(8)----|11--(11)--|6--|(6)-|--6-|---|---------|8--|(8)-|--8-|----|------------|
D|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|
A|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|
E|----------|----------|-----------------|---------|------------------|------------|

Oh Zergio no worries...I know the thread has my name on it but I wouldn't have minded of you posted.

Anyways, I incorporated your changes to Yellow as they're all sound. To make sure; for the verse bits that Jonny plays - the main change you made is having the B string open right? And, do you mind checking out the new chorus riff I came up with (it's in the 1st post): I added yours, but I also created a version that is yours and mine combined. Tell me how it sounds would you? Thanks.

Been pretty busy the last week or so, so sorry to make you or anyone else wait Jin. >_<